Hellhorse vs Hellion vs Fathouse Fab

mk1spyder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R TT005
I have a 2020 GT350R and I'm trying to make up my mind on which turbo kit to get. I don't super love the Hellion for putting the hot a$$ turbos right below the intercooler pipe but I like the oil drain aspect and no hydrolocking it from running through a puddle. I like the hellhorse for being oil-less air cooled turbos which I'm sure work just fine and saves a lot of hassle. I hate how the Fathouse Fab intercooler end tank blocks the upper radiator grille entry just seems like a bad design when a lot of other solutions could have been done on an otherwise flawless looking kit. But they still have to oil scavenge. I don't know help me make up my mind. I have Pro Dyno in fort mill SC near me that is a mustang expert with a lot of experience Dyno tuning these.
Sponsored

TX State

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 track pack
My friend is currently getting his car built by hell horse right now and they have had his car for almost a year with nothing to show. That is all I will say about them.

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
If you look at the hellion kit with the filters on the tubes it positions them like half way up the block. I personally think buying a kit from a large company that has been building kits for years vs a one off shop is a no brainer. The only small time shop kit I would consider is Aldo weld.

Medusa5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP1
Hell Horse is overall a bad company that won’t take responsibility for anything on their part. I’ve ordered a part from them and a buddy had his car in for the turbo kit. All I can say on both of our behalf’s is all they had was excuses and bad customer service the entire time. I waited 4 months for my part that was not on back order (I checked with the manufacturer and they were also confused) and let’s not even get into the turbo kit mess. Overall I’d recommend anything but HellHorse so you don’t have to go through what others have...

Jordan @ Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Stingray M7
I can't really say anything about either Hellhorse or Fathouse as we only just added Hellhorse to our catalog and new to the mustang turbo kit scene while I only know about Fathouse from ThatDudeinBlue's video. It's got the turbos mounted below, just aft of the engine. and I believe they are more than a kit; It's a whole rebuild along with kit. They sleeve the block and modify valve train components. Their 1000R kit starts at $39,000.

If you're just looking to add a kit to your car, get it tuned and be a be a whistling, whooshing boy with guaranteed kit, just go with Hellion. Feel free to message or call us at Lethal Performance.

https://www.lethalperformance.com/s...5-2017-2018-2019-shelby-gt350-ford/turbo-kits

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

mk1spyder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R TT005
Fat Fab does not build the engine for $39k. That is an additional $25k, $15k for motec etc.....

Aldo weld looks legit!

Imma Sssnaake

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
Mk1spyder is right, that’s stock bottom end. But if you can afford Fathouse then it’s a no brainer, their quality is nucking futs. Hands down the best setup on the market. If you do not like the top mount Hellion kit, look into their sleeper kit. It mounts the turbos by the transmission like the other kits, and with a reasonable price and a lottt of experience making turbo kits, Hellion seems to be the way to go if you aren’t trying to TOTALLY destroy the bank.

OP
OP

mk1spyder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R TT005
Mk1spyder is right, that’s stock bottom end. But if you can afford Fathouse then it’s a no brainer, their quality is nucking futs. Hands down the best setup on the market. If you do not like the top mount Hellion kit, look into their sleeper kit. It mounts the turbos by the transmission like the other kits, and with a reasonable price and a lottt of experience making turbo kits, Hellion seems to be the way to go if you aren’t trying to TOTALLY destroy the bank.
I think I'm going with aldoweld. Very cool guy.

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
My friend is currently getting his car built by hell horse right now and they have had his car for almost a year with nothing to show. That is all I will say about them.
Can't say much about your friend for letting that happen, either.

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Aldo’s site needs some help. There is pretty much zero information. Sorry, but from that page legit is not what I would describe it as.

Fat Fab does not build the engine for $39k. That is an additional $25k, $15k for motec etc.....

Aldo weld looks legit!

2JZFAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 AG GT350
I'm just an internet stranger, but I don't think you could go wrong with Boost Works or Aldo Welds mid mount style kit. Both companies will require patience, but the quality is there from what I've personally seen.

Lacking patience? Hellion is a fine choice, proven.. I couldn't recommend Hellhorse Perf.. Seen a local car with the same issues all the internet guys ran in to.. They're still in the R&D phase IMO. Old fabricator was a hired hand, new fabricator is the same.. Not impossible to pump a kit out like that, just not something I would personally spend my money on.

Got so much money you don't know how to spend or where to invest it? Fathouse it is! Everyone has seen the quality, top notch.. Not that others aren't/can't get there, but the kit has evolved as there are just more of them out there. The problems others will face.. Fathouse has been there and resolved it already.. Xona rotor turbos, big air, small snail. cnc billet end tanks.. beefy brackets.. motec if you like.. They're just killing it.

You can run the comp oil-less turbos on any of them if you wanted.. I never liked the idea of those lines or that little pump on the Hellion kit personally. Then again, I prefer top mount kits.

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Hellion is a nice kit for sure. Just need to make sure you get a good shop to install it. Boostworks has had a lot of issues, but they have seemed to finally get their logistics together. Their kit kit looks pretty good. I do not know about Hellhorse or the other one mention here.

If you have the money, Fat's is the way to go. The quality of their kit is hard to match, and the fact that they do the install. They have a crew that white gloves your car and they do so much more than "just put on a kit" they add many of the things you want to have that may not be included....such as catch cans, fluid tanks, ect. Also the kit uses headers designed with the kit...not take off manifolds from other years and such. Honestly if you add what you recieve from Fat's and what you pay extra for from other kits, the numbers are not far off.

At any rate, that is my opinion on this, but if I had to spend the coin, FAT FAB is how I would roll, with Hellion a close second.