Fathouse Performance Increases Prices

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Live in a bubble. Not hardly. I actually have 4 of these cars. A well modded Gt(6 spd), a 350, a 350R, and a Cftp 500. To get a Gt to do what a 350 will do a track would be cost prohibitive. If you want to educate yourself on these cars put them on a lift and start looking at the differences between a Gt and a 350. There’s a big time difference under neath and its not just badging. As for boosting and the voodoo. I guess Fathouse has that all wrong as well.

A well molded GT can with the same parts on a 350 or even better build. Let's not live in a bubble. Their both s550s. Quartermile it can, track it can too, put the right parts in and build the motor right.

If someone cares about badging, I would say go with 350 or 500. If that's not important and they just want pure performance,start with a base GT,preferably a Gen2 S550 and go from there. The Gen2 s550 Auto has even better trans than the weak 350 MT82 to start. A built 6R80 still outperforms a built MT82 imo. Anyway just my thoughts.

Even though the voodoo is a great engine, it's his own enemy. You can't probably boost it past 800whp without too many issues.

A GT built for the track will have serious suspension mods, especially cooling mods
Sponsored

BigD94

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium - PP1 - Manual
Inflation is a Worldwide issue.
It's almost as if the economic woes of the leading economy has a negative effect on the rest of the world. It's almost as if the record inflation of the top reserve currency has a negative effect on other currencies. Don't downplay the role the biden admin has played in all of this.

nnnnnn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Pretty sure the GT350s came with the Tremec TR-3160 not the MT82.
True, my mistake but still a weak transmission.

nnnnnn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Live in a bubble. Not hardly. I actually have 4 of these cars. A well modded Gt(6 spd), a 350, a 350R, and a Cftp 500. To get a Gt to do what a 350 will do a track would be cost prohibitive. If you want to educate yourself on these cars put them on a lift and start looking at the differences between a Gt and a 350. There’s a big time difference under neath and its not just badging. As for boosting and the voodoo. I guess Fathouse has that all wrong as well.
The GT350 is the better car stock for stock. My point is that if you're going to not leave it stock and want to get after it with all the bells and whistles, power,performance etc, built Gen2 s550 can blow it out of the water.

As for Fathouse, look at their twin turbo 1000 package for the 350 for example and look at how much money someone is paying to get that level of performance on top of how much that person already paid for their 350. You can also build an s550 with those parts. For serious performance, I would argue just use a Gen2 S550 due to better transmission. In the end, with a serious performance build, they're both comparable and s550 Gen2 will have better reliability.

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Blow it out of the water. Lmao. Your lack of knowledge is amusing. Have a food one.

The GT350 is the better car stock for stock. My point is that if you're going to not leave it stock and want to get after it with all the bells and whistles, power,performance etc, built Gen2 s550 can blow it out of the water.

As for Fathouse, look at their twin turbo 1000 package for the 350 for example and look at how much money someone is paying to get that level of performance on top of how much that person already paid for their 350. You can also build an s550 with those parts. For serious performance, I would argue just use a Gen2 S550 due to better transmission. In the end, with a serious performance build, they're both comparable and s550 Gen2 will have better reliability.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
If I were going to make a serious race car out of a S550 mustang I would start with a base GT or an eco boost. If I'm gutting it why bother with the more expensive platform.

If I just wanted a cool track day car I'd go with a 350 but I'd have a cross plane 5.2 built and ready to go in.

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
If I were going to make a serious race car out of a S550 mustang I would start with a base GT or an eco boost. If I'm gutting it why bother with the more expensive platform.

If I just wanted a cool track day car I'd go with a 350 but I'd have a cross plane 5.2 built and ready to go in.
better idea:

1. buy gt350 with popped voodoo
2. throw a 5.2 aluminator in there for ford performance
3. drive the shit out of it

Tractor Junk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Spencer
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R, 16 GT350 FPRS #3, 2014 Boss 302S
High end performance shops aren’t organized around providing the best balance of $$/ value to typical enthusiasts. These shops develop packages that go on a customers 4th or 5th car, which is a very nice car to start with. This customer is very picky about the build quality, and wants the car to work perfectly every time it starts… zero “hassle factor.”

The combination of parts you can organize and build for cheaper has no bearing on the type of end-product this customer is looking for.

It’s the same difference as the price/ sq foot of builder-grade quality and custom homes.

Saxgod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 2021 Bronco Sport Outerbanks
It's almost as if the economic woes of the leading economy has a negative effect on the rest of the world. It's almost as if the record inflation of the top reserve currency has a negative effect on other currencies. Don't downplay the role the biden admin has played in all of this.
Agreed but don’t downplay the fact that having Trump for four years caused the pendulum to swing in the other direction. Cause and effect. Vote someone in that isn’t extreme on either side and fix the issue.

Sponsored

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
Yes I agree guys with GTs are considering value for their dollars.

Definitely the GT350 is a huge step up from the GT. But I wouldn't "invest" the price of any newer car in mods on the car. I agree with the logic if you have $200K to spend you shouldn't buy a $60k car as your starting point unless money means nothing to you.

Since I own a 1970 Mustang convertible that my dad bought for me for $2500 many years ago I definitely put some caveats in that previous paragraph. Certain cars have sentimental value and I can understand putting more into the car than it is worth. But I don't pretend that it makes sense from a financial perspective. It's just something I feel like doing and I don't really care about the money.

I think of my GT as the Miata of Mustangs. It doesn't make a lot of power, but it's a base for some modifications. It definitely leaves a lot to be desired compared to a GT350, but I also have a lot less money into it than I would have spent on a GT350. And consumables (including the engine) are cheaper.
I raced a 69 convertible for many years
F1412B82-74EF-4E14-B4FD-DFF790A096EF.png

BigD94

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dom
Vehicle(s)
Agreed but don’t downplay the fact that having Trump for four years caused the pendulum to swing in the other direction. Cause and effect. Vote someone in that isn’t extreme on either side and fix the issue.
Lol

Why is it that whenever someone makes a valid criticism of Biden, the response is always something about Trump? Talk about rent free...

I work for a large economic/market research company in NYC. Almost every performance metric was substantially better during Trump's term when compared to Biden's term. It's really not even close.

Saxgod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 2021 Bronco Sport Outerbanks
Fair point, but the counterpoint is also true. Why is it every time someone criticizes Trump someone has to jump on a sword for him? You cant say with a straight face he was good for this country. Policies be damned, look where we are today. His attitude toward our democracy is toxic. Biden is not much better but at least he wont be leading an insurrection anytime soon.

I miss when people had mutual respect for each other and for the presidency. When i was a kid i would never have dreamed of people running around saying F the president, flying flags that said as much and demonizing people who didnt agree with them. Let politics be politics and stop taking things so personally (not you but people in general). Disagreeing doesn't mean you should hate someone.

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
Every time we discuss the J6 "insurrection" at work or with friends, we end up with a conclusion that there can't really be actual people that believe the dog & pony clown show they are airing on TV. The internet proves otherwise. A snip it from a leftists news source. I'll leave it at that before I get banned from here too. NO POLITICS ALOWED..

https://www.businessinsider.com/tru...rganizing-capitol-riot-violence-report-2021-8

BigD94

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dom
Vehicle(s)
Fair point, but the counterpoint is also true. Why is it every time someone criticizes Trump someone has to jump on a sword for him? You cant say with a straight face he was good for this country. Policies be damned, look where we are today. His attitude toward our democracy is toxic. Biden is not much better but at least he wont be leading an insurrection anytime soon.

I miss when people had mutual respect for each other and for the presidency. When i was a kid i would never have dreamed of people running around saying F the president, flying flags that said as much and demonizing people who didnt agree with them. Let politics be politics and stop taking things so personally (not you but people in general). Disagreeing doesn't mean you should hate someone.
I'll try to end it here because I realize we shouldn't be talking politics on this site and especially on a post in the 5.2 subforum lol.

I disagreed with many of the things Trump did and I'll never hesitate to call him out on it. However, I CAN confidently say with a straight face that he was great for this country. The economy was absolutely booming, optimism was high, we were energy independent, foreign affairs were in great standing, inflation was low, gas prices were low, food prices were low, people had great outlooks on retirement/starting families, the country was starting to follow the constitution again, my family business and many businesses owned by friends were doing extremely well, etc. Sure he was rough around the edges, but the "threat to democracy" and "insurrection" rhetoric is completely fabricated and unsubstantiated. I struggle to take people seriously when they say he "led an insurrection".

Nonetheless, I'm glad we can discuss this rationally and I'm always willing to take the other side into consideration. Have a good one.
Sponsored