Fathouse Performance Increases Prices

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
For the life of me I just don’t understand the jealousy these threads bring out. If you cannot afford it, don’t buy it….simple as that.
Nobody can deny the build quality of FatHouse.
Those who have never been in business are sudden experts in someone else’s business.
Build a great business with a great reputation and jealousy flows from others that won’t put in the work to try and do the same….I get it, it’s the world we live in.
Sponsored

BombZombie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay Adam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby Super Snake
There's also the fact that Fathouse is partnering with Shelby American for the Code Red build. They've earned the prestige 🤙

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
Its not about the price. It’s the insinuation that a 350 is in the same category as a gt. By that logic the gt is no different then the ecoboost. I agree there numbers are high. The very large risk with any business going down this path is it assumes the number of customers won’t drop off. If that happens past the point of “weeding” out whatever customers there willing to give up the whole thing folds. It’s a risky move. It’s interesting you brought up photography, I’m currently doing a buildout for a local photographer.
their GT prices were the same but you're right, there is no REAL difference between a GT and an ecoboost aside from what is bolted to it. a GT is just a mustang.

Hostil

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
you aren't paying for the install. you're paying for...

1. the list of people ahead of you
2. the work put into R&D
3. that 2 year warranty

if you don't like it remember bidenflation ain't helping anything.
Inflation is a Worldwide issue.

Sponsored

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Turbo GT, 2019 GT350 racecar, 2021 GT500

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Sorry, that’s a stupid statememt. Never fails always a guy with a gt with this …..
Yes I agree guys with GTs are considering value for their dollars.

Its not about the price. It’s the insinuation that a 350 is in the same category as a gt. By that logic the gt is no different then the ecoboost. I agree there numbers are high. The very large risk with any business going down this path is it assumes the number of customers won’t drop off. If that happens past the point of “weeding” out whatever customers there willing to give up the whole thing folds. It’s a risky move. It’s interesting you brought up photography, I’m currently doing a buildout for a local photographer.
Definitely the GT350 is a huge step up from the GT. But I wouldn't "invest" the price of any newer car in mods on the car. I agree with the logic if you have $200K to spend you shouldn't buy a $60k car as your starting point unless money means nothing to you.

Since I own a 1970 Mustang convertible that my dad bought for me for $2500 many years ago I definitely put some caveats in that previous paragraph. Certain cars have sentimental value and I can understand putting more into the car than it is worth. But I don't pretend that it makes sense from a financial perspective. It's just something I feel like doing and I don't really care about the money.

Lol. I won’t shy away and won‘t admit it. I get a little torqued with the gt guys and there …. toward the 350’s. I have a gt, the car is awesome but it is no comparison to a 350 even with all the suspension mods.
I think of my GT as the Miata of Mustangs. It doesn't make a lot of power, but it's a base for some modifications. It definitely leaves a lot to be desired compared to a GT350, but I also have a lot less money into it than I would have spent on a GT350. And consumables (including the engine) are cheaper.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I’ve never knocked the Gt’s. They‘re a great bang for the buck car. I wouldn’t knock the ecoboost either. I don’t knock anybody’s choice of cars. As for modding, lets be honest, modding is never a good financial decision, but that’s not what it’s about. We trade the financial cost for the enjoyment it gives us. For some that financial cost is of little concern.

Yes I agree guys with GTs are considering value for their dollars.

Definitely the GT350 is a huge step up from the GT. But I wouldn't "invest" the price of any newer car in mods on the car. I agree with the logic if you have $200K to spend you shouldn't buy a $60k car as your starting point unless money means nothing to you.

Since I own a 1970 Mustang convertible that my dad bought for me for $2500 many years ago I definitely put some caveats in that previous paragraph. Certain cars have sentimental value and I can understand putting more into the car than it is worth. But I don't pretend that it makes sense from a financial perspective. It's just something I feel like doing and I don't really care about the money.

I think of my GT as the Miata of Mustangs. It doesn't make a lot of power, but it's a base for some modifications. It definitely leaves a lot to be desired compared to a GT350, but I also have a lot less money into it than I would have spent on a GT350. And consumables (including the engine) are cheaper.

nnnnnn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
With all due respect, a well modded GT with built engine can outperform a 350 wwith no mods. Mods for Mods, I would prefer to mod a GT.

If you don't want to pour big money into mods, then a GT350 outperforms a base GT. Some people just prefer to live in a bubble about their cars.

Fathouse has a good package but yeah the prices are high. A GT350 owner will always be charged more just because he owns a GT350. No one is forcing anyone to buy it though so no reason to complain.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Out perform it where? Quarter mile, ya. Any where else, especially a track it will not. Won’t come close. And a Gt will never feel like a 350.

With all due respect, a well modded GT with built engine can outperform a 350 wwith no mods. Mods for Mods, I would prefer to mod a GT.

If you don't want to pour big money into mods, then a GT350 outperforms a base GT. Some people just prefer to live in a bubble about their cars.

Fathouse has a good package but yeah the prices are high. A GT350 owner will always be charged more just because he owns a GT350. No one is forcing anyone to buy it though so no reason to complain.

nnnnnn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Out perform it where? Quarter mile, ya. Any where else, especially a track it will not. Won’t come close. And a Gt will never feel like a 350.
A well molded GT can with the same parts on a 350 or even better build. Let's not live in a bubble. Their both s550s. Quartermile it can, track it can too, put the right parts in and build the motor right.

If someone cares about badging, I would say go with 350 or 500. If that's not important and they just want pure performance,start with a base GT,preferably a Gen2 S550 and go from there. The Gen2 s550 Auto has even better trans than the weak 350 MT82 to start. A built 6R80 still outperforms a built MT82 imo. Anyway just my thoughts.

Even though the voodoo is a great engine, it's his own enemy. You can't probably boost it past 800whp without too many issues.

A GT built for the track will have serious suspension mods, especially cooling mods
Sponsored

Last edited: