Roush6ny

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kaz
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Coupe
Hi All

Just noticed this past weekend that both headlights have slight condensation on the same spots. Car has been sitting in the garage and no water has been in contact with it. wandering if anyone one else has experienced this given no contact with water. its a new car with only 1400 miles. Is this a warranty issue or it will go away on its own

You can see the 2 spots in the pic where its showing up

Thanks for your feedback
kaz.jpg
Sponsored

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, mine on occasion kinda do that as well, my real annoyance is that when I turn the heater on, the inside of my tinted windows get some kind of white film on them, I cant stand dirty windows, its really annoying, lol.

TC

DonnieO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt cs
It's normal. They have vent holes. If water starts pooling up then I would worry.

sfs550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
doug
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Yeah, mine on occasion kinda do that as well, my real annoyance is that when I turn the heater on, the inside of my tinted windows get some kind of white film on them, I cant stand dirty windows, its really annoying, lol.

TC
Hmmm this could be a sign of evaporater core leak. If you are still under warrenty, I would have it looked at. It's an expensive repair.

Sponsored

pyrophilus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ShadowBlack GT Premium401a, PP1, ActiveExhaust
Hmmm this could be a sign of evaporater core leak. If you are still under warrenty, I would have it looked at. It's an expensive repair.
I was just going to say this.
My '15 started doing this where when I use the HVAC, the front and rear windshields would get this "film". AC was always working okay. It never cut out, but it wasn't ever super cold either. This happened almost the first year.

I returned that lease and got a '17 (in '18), which was perfectly fine for 2 years and in the third year of the car started to form a tiny bit of film.

I am definitely getting ESP on my '19 as is it no longer leased.

Echo4papa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Coupe
I thought this was caused by the plastics in the interior heating up?

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Had the evaporator replaced awhile back under warranty, not sure if that's it or not.

Reap

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harald
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mustang 2017 Mustang
I thought this was caused by the plastics in the interior heating up?
There is some plastic off gassing involved but the evap core could also cause that. I would really be worried about that if there is a coolant smell.

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
Remove one of the bulbs that is in that portion of the headlight housing.

Then park the car with the lights facing the sun.

On a warm day this will take anywhere from an hour to a few hours but the condensation will be gone.

Put the bulb back in and you should be g2g.

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
There is some plastic off gassing involved but the evap core could also cause that. I would really be worried about that if there is a coolant smell.
Heater core leak inside the car will leave a greasy film all over the windshield, and it usually ends up leaking on the floor too.

Reap

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harald
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mustang 2017 Mustang
Heater core leak inside the car will leave a greasy film all over the windshield, and it usually ends up leaking on the floor too.
That leaking coolant on the floor removes all doubt. Had it happen to me once long ago.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
OP, don't touch nothin'. Just leave it alone. It's fine.

That's how they work. When the lights are on the condensation bleeds away through vent holes.
Sponsored