S550 Condensation in Headlights

3AlarmStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Oxford White EcoBoost Auto
Is there any reason our cars should have condensation build up in the headlamps when it's humid? Shouldn't they be sealed? I noticed it this evening. I was removing my Diode Dynamics switchback side markers I bought from CJ Pony Parts because they're flickering (lucky me) and noticed when I started her up there was the build up in the headlamps. Only thing I could think of is from me opening up the fender wells because I have never once seen them do that. :eyebulge:
Sponsored

P4RKER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Fastback
They are not sealed this is normal

jdotjohnson

Threads
Reaction score
I have condensation in my right rear tail light...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

emh87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Mustang GT Premium 6MT
I have condensation in my right rear tail light...

The headlights and tail lights are both normal to get condensation, it will go away. They are designed this way.

NewSVO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard boost premium 6mt
Is there any reason our cars should have condensation build up in the headlamps when it's humid? Shouldn't they be sealed? I noticed it this evening. I was removing my Diode Dynamics switchback side markers I bought from CJ Pony Parts because they're flickering (lucky me) and noticed when I started her up there was the build up in the headlamps. Only thing I could think of is from me opening up the fender wells because I have never once seen them do that. :eyebulge:
Lmao those piece of crap Diode Dynamic lights flicker on my car too, someone thought I was a cop because they were flickering non-stop and pulled over... I saw them flicker when I was in a parking garage and were giving me a light show pretty much. My neighbor also says when my car is off they will flicker. I didn't care to message them because they've had several revisions but can't seem to get them right, it's not even worth the $5 to ship it back to them.

I even went old school and used gloves when installing due to that whole oil overheating bulbs thing, made sure they're tight too and still flicker, meh.

Sponsored

OP
OP
3AlarmStang

3AlarmStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Lmao those piece of crap Diode Dynamic lights flicker on my car too, someone thought I was a cop because they were flickering non-stop and pulled over... I saw them flicker when I was in a parking garage and were giving me a light show pretty much. My neighbor also says when my car is off they will flicker. I didn't care to message them because they've had several revisions but can't seem to get them right, it's not even worth the $5 to ship it back to them.

I even went old school and used gloves when installing due to that whole oil overheating bulbs thing, made sure they're tight too and still flicker, meh.
eah, I put out an email to both Diode Dynamics and CJ Pony Parts where I bought them. Hopefully CJ's will come through with a refund or something because I don't want another set after seeing the very big problems they have. Just put the damn stock orange, ugly, but functional ones back in.

Thanks for the replies everyone I was worried when I saw this because I have never noticed this before.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
The headlights aren't sealed.

I don't think the DD flickering issue is related to condensation. Make sure that the metal pins make contact with the socket. I think it is happening a lot because you reach in for the socket and can't get a good view of the pin contact to the contacts in the socket. If it was the bulbs the interior bulbs, backup and other bulbs they sell would be doing it too and they're not. It's most likely an alignment issue.

If they still flicker DD warranties their bulbs and will send you a new 1 or 2 for free; they've done it for others who had 1 bulb with an issue without questions.

OP
OP
3AlarmStang

3AlarmStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
The headlights aren't sealed.

I don't think the DD flickering issue is related to condensation. Make sure that the metal pins make contact with the socket. I think it is happening a lot because you reach in for the socket and can't get a good view of the pin contact to the contacts in the socket. If it was the bulbs the interior bulbs, backup and other bulbs they sell would be doing it too and they're not. It's most likely an alignment issue.

If they still flicker DD warranties their bulbs and will send you a new 1 or 2 for free; they've done it for others who had 1 bulb with an issue without questions.
The condensation is in the headlight. The DD bulbs flickering aren't related to the condensation. I did take the bulbs out and made sure the contacts were correctly aligned but, it still resulted in the same issue. I believe the bulbs get to hot because it doesn't occur until the car has been running for 10-12 minutes.

jdotjohnson

Threads
Reaction score
Went by my dealer and they'll have a new tail light in Wednesday... You're supposed to have ZERO Condensation.

Sponsored

Zemedici

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP
The vehicles lamps are sealed, not supposed to have condensation. Who told you that? It's an electrical component, water + electricity = not good :D

Curious as to the reasoning condensation would be a good idea

Potentially damage electrical connections/cause shorts
decrease lumens (light output) from lamp/bulb
Allow dirt/grime/etc into headlight

jdotjohnson

Threads
Reaction score
Yea, if you have condensation, get that **** fixed... Pronto...

Youngmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt DIB
There was a tread a while back
Straight from the owners manual page 224,

CHANGING A BULB
Lamp Assembly Condensation
Exterior lamps have vents to
accommodate normal changes in pressure.