Sponsored

Headers install cost?

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
I’ve been quoted $600 from a highly reputable shop.
Sponsored

fuelforfire87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
Having installed headers on my s197, it was a PITA, even with using my friends lift. If you can find a reputable shop to install them for $500-$600, I would save yourself the headace and have them do it. Had a shop install headers on my s550 and i don't regret spending the extra money one bit.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Maybe some of the more higher priced shops charge more because they take the time to do the extra steps, like removing all studs and chasing the bold holes with a thread chaser, cleaning them and using anti seize on all bolts. Thread chasing 16 holes is time consuming. I did it when I installed mine because I didn’t want to risk cross threading any bolts. I was able to screw all bolts in with my fingers. This really does make the job easier.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Yeah please send those 3 comparisons. More information is never a bad thing.
Ya the fitment comes in to play. Kooks, ARH etc are spot on which could be important for self install or minimizing labor costs. 2m and some of those other off brands have had fitment issues or needing different extensions etc. But then some have had no issues with those.

slick_rick_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
18’ GT350
I just had some stainless power headers installed yesterday and it costs me roughly 700. I'm not mechanically inclined sadly so it was worth it to me.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Coyote headers are a piece of cake to install vs my previous 71 roadrunner with a 440/Auto combo. We did my buddies on the floor. Once you lift the coyote motor a bit it's simple. Just take ur time. His was 2m as well, no fitment problems.
Sponsored