Having trouble choosing an exhaust.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
This is true. I keep telling my wife she needs to drive by so I can hear it. She is timid due to the FI on it. /shrug. I tell her just don't mash it. But now that I think about it, seeing my car sideways with flaming tires and my wife's puckered up face in the front see makes me want to ROLF.

This would have to be done in a BIIIIIG parking lot :lol:
I just did this for my coworker (who has the Xtreme) the other day, as he hadn't heard his car from the outside being driven before. We swapped cars took and turns ripping by each other :lol:.

It's A LOT louder than it seems inside, because of how it directs sound rearward.
Sponsored

Omega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP 401A, Roush 727
I thought the Borla's were louder than the Corsa Xtreme's

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I thought the Borla's were louder than the Corsa Xtreme's
Inside the car I'm sure they are. I doubt it from the outside. I haven't heard the ATAK in person though, only the S-type, so I can't say for sure. The S-type is about the same volume inside the car as the Xtreme, but nowhere near the Xtreme's volume outside.

Rambl3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP GT
Inside the car I'm sure they are. I doubt it from the outside. I haven't heard the ATAK in person though, only the S-type, so I can't say for sure. The S-type is about the same volume inside the car as the Xtreme, but nowhere near the Xtreme's volume outside.
This is true. I've had the S-Types and Xtremes.

Sponsored

2016Gruv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
It's about twice as loud. According to Corsa, a 9 dB increase (which would be 3x louder), though not sure where the measurement is taken.

2015-Mustang-GT-Corsa-exhaust-graphic.jpg
You would be correct that it's about twice as loud (assuming the numbers are accurate). So that people don't misunderstand, a 10dB increase is twice as loud. Corsa is essentially correct with their data. 9dB is not even close to 3x as loud. 3dB increase is just a perceptible increase in SPL.

mulage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Black, w/ Performance Pack
anybody here not like the way the corsa sport cat-back sounds after 4500-5000 rpm? I love the way it sounds up to this rpm then it just gets very raspy

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Plus, Borla's make the mustang sound like a Harley.

Less Weight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Sport catback...sounds far, far better than stock. It's significantly louder but only when you want, and even at WOT is not obnoxious. I'd eat my shoe if you didn't love this exhaust lol. That is, unless you have to have that super deep pushrod muscle tone...this is not for you. That's not to say it's not deep at all, it is, but it is more baritone than bass, if you get what I mean. I would argue this more exotic/racy tone fits the S550 the best of all.

Highlights from relevant thread:
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1804763&postcount=41
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1815459&postcount=77
the thread:
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79753
Thanks for all of the links and detailed description, buddy. You are really making a good case for the catback Sport. I think I may soon bite the bullet. :D

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for all of the links and detailed description, buddy. You are really making a good case for the catback Sport. I think I may soon bite the bullet. :D
Send a PM to [MENTION=9610]jayman33[/MENTION] or [MENTION=10926]beefcake[/MENTION] for an excellent price that will make you go :eyebulge:. [MENTION=19644]Lexman[/MENTION] will be installing his tomorrow, coming from the Solo Mach XV. Will love to hear his thoughts, and I'll hear his car sometime next week probably.

Less Weight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Send a PM to [MENTION=9610]jayman33[/MENTION] or [MENTION=10926]beefcake[/MENTION] for an excellent price that will make you go :eyebulge:. [MENTION=19644]Lexman[/MENTION] will be installing his tomorrow, coming from the Solo Mach XV. Will love to hear his thoughts, and I'll hear his car sometime next week probably.
Thanks for the tip. :cheers:

Do you have the intention to upgrade from your axle back to the sport catback?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the tip. :cheers:

Do you have the intention to upgrade from your axle back to the sport catback?
The sport axleback I have is actually the one that's part of the Xtreme (the touring axleback is what's in the sport catback). It's paired with a magnaflow resonated X-pipe. I get a nice mix both the sport catback and Xtreme catback, at very close to sport volume (just a little louder). That said, every time I hear my friend's/coworker's Xtreme I really want that double X-pipe. So loud though lol.

Less Weight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The sport axleback I have is actually the one that's part of the Xtreme (the touring axleback is what's in the sport catback). It's paired with a magnaflow resonated X-pipe. I get a nice mix both the sport catback and Xtreme catback, at very close to sport volume (just a little louder). That said, every time I hear my friend's/coworker's Xtreme I really want that double X-pipe. So loud though lol.
Choices, choices. :D That's what makes making a decision so difficult. The only saving grace, however, is regardless of the Corsa product Chosen, one is assured to get a quality product.

I don't know how your neighborhood is, but around hear, too loud an exhaust could prove problematic. ;)

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Choices, choices. :D That's what makes making a decision so difficult. The only saving grace, however, is regardless of the Corsa product Chosen, one is assured to get a quality product.

I don't know how your neighborhood is, but around hear, too loud an exhaust could prove problematic. ;)
The sport is perfect for a DD and those of us who like our non-car enthusiast neighbors and want them to like us. Only loud at mid throttle to WOT and kinda loud at cold start. Very easy to get through the neighborhood without disturbing, let alone upsetting anyone at low throttle.
Sponsored