Sponsored

Any 2018 owners having trouble with SCT connectivity to the ECU?

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
I have had my JLT intake installed for a week, but cannot run the car. My SCT device gives me the general error 13002 “Vehicle not supported at this time” when trying to load anything. I have tried updating using the PC software and the device auto update, with no success. The shop I bought the kit from has been talking to SCT, and they first said to force the file in, which wasn’t even an option. Now SCT seems to need to add my ECM strategy, which seems odd with an earlier build like my car. Anyone have any ideas or experienced similar issues? I will admit I haven’t called SCT myself yet, just been relying on the people who supplied it. I have been in and out of the ER the last couple days, and didn’t have a lot of free time.
Sponsored

Lonmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10spd Base
Wow, thats strange. I got a Lund tune and bought a BDX through Beefcake. I had to update the software and the updater program. Then I had to also download the livewire program for datalogging. After that I was able to connect to the car and load the tune. Its not hard to do yourself but I don't know if the shop you are using knows what their doing or not. Good luck!

CNCLester

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lester
Vehicle(s)
18 GT performance pack. Lighting blue
I'm not positive but I talked to sct early last week and I was told it has to be a bdx tuner. Not the sct 4. I may be incorrect but I'm pretty sure that's what they said.

OP
OP
bootlegger

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
I'm not positive but I talked to sct early last week and I was told it has to be a bdx tuner. Not the sct 4. I may be incorrect but I'm pretty sure that's what they said.
I bought this as a kit, and it is the BDX.

10r80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Make sure you download both programs from the SCT website, load tune on BDX then plug up...

Sponsored

OP
OP
bootlegger

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
OP
OP
bootlegger

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
OP
OP
bootlegger

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
After a long call with SCT, they are telling me I have to take the car to the dealership and get my ECU program updated. I wish I had known this before installing the damn intake. Grrrrrr!!!

OP
OP
bootlegger

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
Got it sorted out. I had a pre production ECM strategy for some reason. After a couple days going back and forth with SCT, they got the car to accept a newer strategy which allowed interface with the device. E85 coming soon!

Special thanks to Curtis at Mustang Mod Store. He provided constant support through this whole ordeal, and I doubt it would have been fixed without him. I highly recommend his shop!

Sponsored

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Glad you got it sorted out. I have some October build date cars and a few December 18 builds around my area still for sale. Just curious, what is your build date?

OP
OP
bootlegger

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
Glad you got it sorted out. I have some October build date cars and a few December 18 builds around my area still for sale. Just curious, what is your build date?
November build and December delivery. SCT knows how to fix it now, but you sort of have to push for it.

slater550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
aaron
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang
I just tried installing lund racing tune with JLT intake and am getting the same error message

OP
OP
bootlegger

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
I just tried installing lund racing tune with JLT intake and am getting the same error message
Mine was fixed by forcing the ECU to take a newer stock file, then programming with the new tune after. It did require elevation with SCT, as their general help desk people were lost. If you have a dealership close by, you could also ask them if they could flash your ecu with a later software for free.
Sponsored