Sponsored

Trouble picking out an exhaust...

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
I can't decide between the Ford Racing Sport Catback or the Flowmaster OUTLAW catback. I am looking for a loud, aggressive sound. I am personally not a fan of the deep sounding exhausts.

Also, for those with the Flowmaster CB, how is the drone?

I did notice that the Ford Racing is 2.5 inch diameter, while the Flowmaster and other exhausts are 3"... Won't the larger piping create more power, as well as a louder sound?

If you had to choose between the two, what would you pick? So close to purchasing.... :clap2:

I am also open to other suggestions!

Flow master:

Ford Racing:
Sponsored

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB PP GT w/ RECARO's & ITR swapped '94 hatch
I personally like the Ford racing sport, I am torn between that and the new Corsa catback. Bigger doesn't always mean better. Sometimes the bigger piping can cause sharper turns in the piping causing more turbulence which creates back pressure. Also depends on the mufflers/resonators and how restrictive they are.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
so many nice systems, you would watch vids for days

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Corsa, Borla, FRPP; all have nice higher pitched X pipes on offer.

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
Flowmasters are notorious for drone. The difference in diameter means next to nothing. The SW system is pretty loud and angressive, racy with the x-pipe, rumbly with the h-pipe.

Sponsored

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
I suggest sitting in your car with your phone synched up and watching YouTube videos with the stereo up loud, much better than your phone or computer or iPad.

Captain Zach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Performance Package - Guard Metallic
I am having the same dilemma. You can only listen to so many videos before you want to hear something in person. Im stuck between going with the MBRP Race for the price point, or spending a little more and going with either the Borla Atak or ARH Catback.

Sinnah

Mustang Newb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Genesis
I really liked the ford racing sport till I actually heard the flow master. IDK I think it just sounds better. I think that's the exhaust in my future but more importantly wifey likes it lol

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
I can't decide between the Ford Racing Sport Catback or the Flowmaster OUTLAW catback. I am looking for a loud, aggressive sound. I am personally not a fan of the deep sounding exhausts.

Also, for those with the Flowmaster CB, how is the drone?

I did notice that the Ford Racing is 2.5 inch diameter, while the Flowmaster and other exhausts are 3"... Won't the larger piping create more power, as well as a louder sound?

If you had to choose between the two, what would you pick? So close to purchasing.... :clap2:

I am also open to other suggestions!

Flow master:

Ford Racing:

Personally, I've never liked the way Flowmaster sound. We've personally ran the FRPP sports, Stainless works and are now running the ARH full exhaust system. FRPP do sound great though!

Sponsored

Sinnah

Mustang Newb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Genesis
Man, everybody not feeling the Flowmaster. Maybe I need to hear these exhaust tones in person rather than over a computer to get a fair comparison.

Captain Zach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Performance Package - Guard Metallic
The other thing you have to remember with the flowmaster is you're going to have to cut into the pipes after the cats. Not your normal bolt on catback

Phlyguy

International SAR Pilot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Mustang GT with Recaro Seats
Have you considered Magna Flow competition cat back system?

OP
OP
Joe 5.0

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
The other thing you have to remember with the flowmaster is you're going to have to cut into the pipes after the cats. Not your normal bolt on catback
Wow, I didn't know this at all... thanks for the heads up and thanks everyone for your replies.

I don't know, I just really like the sound of the flowmasters. Personal preference I guess.

I've listened to multiple videos already and to be honest with all of you, every exhaust is starting to sound the same. :frusty:

As for the Magnaflow catback, the sound is too deep for my liking.

TonyN

SLO 5L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
From what I am gathering, I think you would be happy with the FRPP Sport Catback. Loud, aggressive and not as deep or droney as some of the others. Maybe even Corsa as well.

My friend had the Flowmaster outlaw A/B on his '11 5.0. He ran it with a o/r x pipe and with the stock chatted H. While I know it is not an exact comparison, it's still a 5.0. Personally I found the outlaw Catback to be pretty deep and it droned a lot! However, I have not heard it on a 15 yet. I highly suggest you try and give them a listen in person. Maybe you can find someone local on here.
Sponsored