Having trouble choosing an exhaust.

GT_Chris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Coupe Magnetic
Hello all! I am new to the forum and could use some input. I have a 2017 GT premium PP on order and can't choose between an exhaust setup. I am between the corsa xtreme catback and the rousch AB with an x pipe. From what I have heard on sound clips and videos these are the only two I am interested in. Can those of you who have heard both in person give me some opinions as to which you like better? Also if anyone knows any discount codes for AM or CJPP that would be awesome. Thanks!
Sponsored

racered_ppGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
i had a roush and xpipe combo before my headers, i loveeeeed the way it sounded and its much cheaper than corsa, just depends whether you want a full 3 inch system or a cut and clamp system. theyre both loud and raspy, i didnt have any drone at all though, and from other peoples description of corsa, it doesnt drone either.

only reason i got rid of it was because once i got headers the cold starts were INSANE and the rasp around 2k was just too much, kinda actually felt bad for my neighbors:shrug:

Loud 5.0

Loud 5.0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Corsa hands down. Loud when you want it to be, no drone. Excellent fit and finish. I have the quad tip Corsa Extreme on mine. Talk to Jason at Hypermotive for pricing on it.

buzzcii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Buzz
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium Vert
Very satisfied with my Magnaflow Competition. They are bad-ass. I almost bought Corsa Extremes but didn't like the big muffler cans just ahead of the tips. MF has the straight pipe look and sound. IMHO

Last edited:

5.0jake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Magnetic GT
I have roush with an x pipe and I absolutely love it. Although I've only heard the extremes in person once or twice, they're pretty much equally as loud and both setups have no drone. You can't go wrong with Corsa but the price is what held me back. Roush with an x is definitely the way to go if you want to save a little bit while still absolutely screaming at wot. Both sound incredible in my opinion.

Sponsored

Rambl3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP GT
Corsa Extremes FTW! But honestly, videos don't do either systems justice. Find someone local in your area that have the set ups so you can hear in person. Also, PM Beefcake on here for great pricing.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Xtreme. Such a unique sound and you don't really have to compromise. It's quite loud on the outside or with the windows down but really pretty tame on the inside or at light throttle. Zero drone. Get a chance to hear one and you will :eyebulge::love:

OP
OP

GT_Chris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Coupe Magnetic
Corsa Extremes FTW! But honestly, videos don't do either systems justice. Find someone local in your area that have the set ups so you can hear in person. Also, PM Beefcake on here for great pricing.
I've heard the corsa is only as loud as your right foot makes it. With the corsa could I baby it out of my neighborhood at 4am without waking the entire neighborhood? I definitely want the loudest and best tone for 99 percent of the time but it would be nice to be able to sneak out of the neighborhood for work.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I've heard the corsa is only as loud as your right foot makes it. With the corsa could I baby it out of my neighborhood at 4am without waking the entire neighborhood? I definitely want the loudest and best tone for 99 percent of the time but it would be nice to be able to sneak out of the neighborhood for work.
The cold start is pretty loud, but as long as you keep it under 2000 rpm and light throttle it'd be ok. Just lug it a little until you're out of the neighborhood. If you wake anyone up it'll be at cold start, but that's nearly the same for most of the exhausts available.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Quite honestly, I have to sneak out with the Corsa Sport catback. I can only imagine how difficult it would be with the extremes. As long as you don't accelerate....at all, it's quiet. Again though, cold starts with the Sports are pretty damn loud. Extremes at 4am? I pity your neighbors.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Quite honestly, I have to sneak out with the Corsa Sport catback. I can only imagine how difficult it would be with the extremes. As long as you don't accelerate....at all, it's quiet. Again though, cold starts with the Sports are pretty damn loud. Extremes at 4am? I pity your neighbors.
Xtreme/Sport cold starts aren't as different as you'd imagine.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Xtreme/Sport cold starts aren't as different as you'd imagine.
All I know is...at 4:30AM I'm pushing my luck with the Sport.

Omega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP 401A, Roush 727
Like others have said... Corsa Xtreme is amazing

I love how you can make it LOUD when you want to and put it away when you don't. As long as you done mash the fun peddle past 2500-3000 it almost sounds stock, with some rumble.

What I love most about it is that it sounds mean, and has a unique tone and rasp. I didn't think I was going to like the rasp but man do I ever!

I will give you word of warning if you get the Corsa's... Never, no matter how bad you may want to... never blip the throttle on a cold start with the windows down in a garage...

You have been warned.

buzzcii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Buzz
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium Vert
Just tell the neighbors your part of the neighborhood crime prevention program to scare the hoodlums away. :-)

But really, what can they get mad about? It's a V8 Mustang and should sound as such. It's not like you have a loud Prius or something.

buzzcii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Buzz
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium Vert
Like others have said... Corsa Xtreme is amazing

never blip the throttle on a cold start with the windows down in a garage...

You have been warned.
I'm sorry, what did you say?

LOL Awesome. :headbang:
Sponsored