Sponsored

Has anyone with Sync3 Nav successfully updated their maps?

OP
OP
Grimmer

Grimmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Manual
Sorry, for some reason my browser was not displaying the photo you attached...

It doesn't look like the error code you got was included in their trouble shooting guide.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Grimmer

Grimmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Manual
Someone on the F-150 forum also got that same error because they were running an unofficial Sync3 version. Had to get to the official v3.0 build.

Not sure if that applies in your case.

The post on the F-150 forum has some suggestions for getting it sorted out, but I didn't read the whole thing.

https://www.f150forum.com/f118/sync-3-unofficial-vs-official-v3-0-a-413040/

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' FE, 20' FE
Downloaded this for the wife's Explorer since it was free. I got the install screen after about 20 minutes, after 40 mintues I get an installation error. Tried calling the 800 number it lists, that numbers staffed by morons, they informed me that there are no SYNC3 Navigation updates and when they did I'd have to get an SD card, so I figured out quickly that arguing with them was pointless. Called the number on the website with the updates, they took the info and said they'd get back to me, a couple days later I got a call telling me to call the 800 number on the screen which I'd already done. I'm going to pick up a a new USB drive since all the ones I have are the same, maybe they're the issue. I don't think I'll bother updating my Mustang, not sure its worth the hassle.

unTar failure. I've seen folks run into this before on regular software updates and they got around it with a new drive.

OP
OP
Grimmer

Grimmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Manual
unTar failure. I've seen folks run into this before on regular software updates and they got around it with a new drive.
This was going to be my next suggestion too. I've had corrupt downloads before. If trying a new USB stick doesn't work, try downloading again (if it is even possible) and start over from the beginning.

XKRJAG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15GT, 02 Tbird, 06 XKR
This was going to be my next suggestion too. I've had corrupt downloads before. If trying a new USB stick doesn't work, try downloading again (if it is even possible) and start over from the beginning.
Used another USB and it worked with no issues.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Grimmer

Grimmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Manual
I think it depends on the age of your vehicle. Mine is USA 2016 and cost $109. Others posted getting it for free, but I think they were 2018+ and not a Mustang... Maybe it depends on the model or line as well, perhaps market too?

16Fastback

RMR 8985
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fastback , 2009 Ranger 4x4
My understanding is it's model year 18+ have the free download / $40 USB option.
I have a 16 we never got a free update for me navigation is pretty much worthless I get out of map area travel at your own risk,all the time.I always keep my Garmin in the car and bring it in to update (for free) every couple months.

Sponsored

el-guapin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tesla.com
Vehicle(s)
1949 UFO
So started the update process. Got the files on an exFAT formatted 16GB stick as required. Inserted the USB on the front port and got the "system update detected" Saw warning about the time it would take to complete and asked if I wanted to proceed. Clicked yes. The "update in progress" msg came across the screen and stayed there for about 30 minutes. The unit rebooted. The same message came up and stayed again for another 20-30 minutes. Then I saw the "update complete.. remove USB and close" message. Turned ignition off then on. Checked the current version and it was the same NA 1 17. Anyone else gone through the process, without any errors, only to see the same version.? No update!

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' FE, 20' FE
So started the update process. Got the files on an exFAT formatted 16GB stick as required. Inserted the USB on the front port and got the "system update detected" Saw warning about the time it would take to complete and asked if I wanted to proceed. Clicked yes. The "update in progress" msg came across the screen and stayed there for about 30 minutes. The unit rebooted. The same message came up and stayed again for another 20-30 minutes. Then I saw the "update complete.. remove USB and close" message. Turned ignition off then on. Checked the current version and it was the same NA 1 17. Anyone else gone through the process, without any errors, only to see the same version.? No update!
If I remember right, there's some bug with v3.3 to where it's not showing the new version number. You can verify it updated by checking the installed packages in the IVSU Version screen in Diag.

aclosedmind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Sorry for the delayed response to some of the questions asked earlier. I used Safari and had no issues with the website or download time. Install took about exactly an hour but worked without issue. I was able to get the map update for free for the wife's 2019 Nautilus which had the NA 1 17 maps (it was an early build, delivered last November) but had to pay the $109 for my 17 Mustang. Unfortunately after going through the update process more than once my wife's Nautilus still shows the old maps despite otherwise appearing to be a successful install...

Multitask

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2020 MKZ Hybrid
Sorry for the delayed response to some of the questions asked earlier. I used Safari and had no issues with the website or download time. Install took about exactly an hour but worked without issue. I was able to get the map update for free for the wife's 2019 Nautilus which had the NA 1 17 maps (it was an early build, delivered last November) but had to pay the $109 for my 17 Mustang. Unfortunately after going through the update process more than once my wife's Nautilus still shows the old maps despite otherwise appearing to be a successful install...
I read that the update might not report the correct version for some (read that most) ... somehow it's not updating that part.. but you do have the 118 maps
Sponsored