Sponsored

Has Anyone Contacted Ford and Ask Are they Sharing Personal Driving Data to Third a Party?

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
Just wondering if anyone has contacted Ford and Asked directly, do they share, sell any Driving data collected from our Ford Mustangs in particular, with any outside third party company, or has knowledge of your data being used for or sold to insurance company's used to rate your risk when determining your coverage cost?
Sponsored

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
Just shared a link the other day talking about this in the 4g modem thread. When it comes down to it, it's a choice to remove the fuse or just let it go. If you read the whole thread by the OP talks about how he contacted Ford directly.

OP
OP
DougS550

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
the best way to find out if they have your data is to request Consumer Disclosure Report from LexisNexis, with whom Ford has partnered in the LexisNexis Telematics share to provide data.

LexisNexis® Consumer Disclosure Report
I just tried. They want every piece of personal information which can be used for someone to create credit or loan fraud.

beecee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 401a PP1
I just tried. They want every piece of personal information which can be used for someone to create credit or loan fraud.
true enough but they presumably already have that data, much like credit report agencies

Sponsored

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
Just shared a link the other day talking about this in the 4g modem thread. When it comes down to it, it's a choice to remove the fuse or just let it go. If you read the whole thread by the OP talks about how he contacted Ford directly.
Where is this 4G modem thread you reference?

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I am guessing you are asking this question because of the lawsuit against GM using Onstar to share the data with insurance companies; It seems GM has decided to stop the practice.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
FWIW, I just got my Lexis Nexus report yesterday.

There's a lot of stuff on my name, address, phone numbers, SSN, driver's license, PE license, and insurance policies. Most of it is right, some name and address stuff wildly wrong (every address associated with anything related to my company shows up as my address, plus one in Indiana related to an unemployment fraud case). It also shows any insurance claims from the last 5 years or so, all of them windshield cracks on my wife's car or my truck.

That said, there isn't a single thing from Ford in the 60 pages of data. I've had Ford Pass active from the first few days of owning the car, and had the in-car WiFi active for a few years as well. Ford may be collecting data, but at least in my case they don't appear to be selling it.

5550snotamerc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
s550 eco convertible auto
FWIW, I just got my Lexis Nexus report yesterday.

T

That said, there isn't a single thing from Ford in the 60 pages of data. I've had Ford Pass active from the first few days of owning the car, and had the in-car WiFi active for a few years as well. Ford may be collecting data, but at least in my case they don't appear to be selling it.
Thank you. Doesn't mean they won't sell it in the future but it is somewhat reassuring.

tobaccokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
I have both Mustangs and Corvettes.
GM was doing it until Corvette owners and others made such an uproar with Chevrolet that GM cancelled the program.
Sponsored