Sponsored

Hard Plastics

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
With Window Etching a thief/ chop shop would have to replace ALL the glass before trying to sell or turn a vehicle.
How many people buying a used car looks for etching? :eek:
Sponsored

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
How many people buying a used car looks for etching? :eek:
The point is its supposed to deter the crime before it happens. Stolen vehicles need to be moved fast. etched windows means you have to remove and replace the glass thus not making it a fast sell.

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium/PP and 2006 F150 FX4
The point is its supposed to deter the crime before it happens. Stolen vehicles need to be moved fast. etched windows means you have to remove and replace the glass thus not making it a fast sell.
its also a good clue that the windows have been replaced because the POS was in a wreck... saw several of those when my buddy was out shopping for a used vehicle...some...ok...many things were not adding up with the cars and seeing the repaired panels inside the bays was a tip... sales guy kept saying that the vehicle was "kissed" then a few more were kissed... turned out the whole damn lot was a Salvaged title sales lot after googling several VINs....

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
its also a good clue that the windows have been replaced because the POS was in a wreck... saw several of those when my buddy was out shopping for a used vehicle...some...ok...many things were not adding up with the cars and seeing the repaired panels inside the bays was a tip... sales guy kept saying that the vehicle was "kissed" then a few more were kissed... turned out the whole damn lot was a Salvaged title sales lot after googling several VINs....
Just a kiss....lol

Boff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP 401a Race Red
If I recall thats fixed with the premier trim option which is like $380 and you get the leather wrapped dash(real stitching) and soft touch upper door trim. Thats what I'd call a no brainer option.
I was planning on dark saddle (which I don't think is offered with the premier trim, at least in Canuckistan), but I'll see if I can find a car equipped with this to check it out.:thumbsup:

Sponsored

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium/PP and 2006 F150 FX4

chaoscentral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT
That would be great news. The car was was an Ecoboost "Premium". I gather what you are referring to is something optional beyond just premium? Hoping so!

That is correct. You have to have a premium level car then add the premier trim option but the only downside is it restricts the interior color to black or redline. No saddle option with the premier trim.

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
Comparing a Mustang to your LEXUS? What universe am I in?

Murdered Out Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
That is correct. You have to have a premium level car then add the premier trim option but the only downside is it restricts the interior color to black or redline. No saddle option with the premier trim.
What's bad about redline?

chaoscentral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT
What's bad about redline?
Nothings bad about it lol, but I'd personally have the brown over the red, but I can't make that call until I see a redline interior in person. I think it'll go amazing with a silver or black car though.

Sponsored

mlor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 BMW 135i
Comparing a Mustang to your LEXUS? What universe am I in?
I've test driven a new Lexus IS250. The interior revamp they did for 2014 was nothing short of astounding. I usually say it's the best interior I've ever sat in.

That said, after test driving a GT Premium last weekend (even without the premier trim), all I have to say about the interior is, "Well done, Ford. Well. Done."

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
I've test driven a new Lexus IS250. The interior revamp they did for 2014 was nothing short of astounding. I usually say it's the best interior I've ever sat in.

That said, after test driving a GT Premium last weekend (even without the premier trim), all I have to say about the interior is, "Well done, Ford. Well. Done."
And that's the difference between a luxury car and a blue collar sports car.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I was disappointed to see that there is still quite a bit of hard plastic in the new interior.
Exactly why does this matter so much to so many people?

I mean, I hope you aren't paying the interior any attention while you're driving, and I know you aren't looking at it when you're in your house or at work or most anywhere else.

I wonder what you'd have thought of the unpadded all-metal dashboards that were the standard fitment to most cars when I was growing up.

Norm
Sponsored