Sponsored

Hard Plastics

STAMPEDE

Threads
Reaction score
I was disappointed to see that there is still quite a bit of hard plastic in the new interior. It would have been so much better if Ford used (at the very least) soft touch paint on these hard rather cheap feeling/looking surfaces, or better yet all soft plastics for the premium interior cars. I certainly don't expect leather wrapped pieces but give us better quality plastics on all touchable surfaces, as some of these cars are $45,000.00 and verts will be over $50,000.00
Sponsored

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool Blue 07 Accord EX-L 2.4, DOHC, iVTEC Coupe
It's not just about cutting costs, there are durability issues that Ford chose Hard Plastics over Soft Touch for.

kulfyur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 LE Mustang
I have to agree with the other two posters. Maybe it's just me but I think many of the posters here a grading the car as if it's suppose to be on par with a luxury car, but it's not. It's a mustang. I think they've done quite well to offer this stylish performing car, with all the goodies that the common buyer would like as options, plus others for more enthusiastic buyers such as ourselves, allowing for a pretty wide range of optioning (you dont have to get options a,b,c,d and e just for f), crafting a very comfortable interior with pretty premium materials, yet still keeping the cost down.

To me, that kind of product delivery is what mustang is about. And I feel like they still deliver. But I could be biased.

OH5GT 2 S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Mustang Convertible, 2017 BMW X5, 2017 F150
I have to agree with the other two posters. Maybe it's just me but I think many of the posters here a grading the car as if it's suppose to be on par with a luxury car, but it's not. It's a mustang. I think they've done quite well to offer this stylish performing car, with all the goodies that the common buyer would like as options, plus others for more enthusiastic buyers such as ourselves, allowing for a pretty wide range of optioning (you dont have to get options a,b,c,d and e just for f), crafting a very comfortable interior with pretty premium materials, yet still keeping the cost down.

To me, that kind of product delivery is what mustang is about. And I feel like they still deliver. But I could be biased.
:thumbsup:

Sponsored

peppersam740

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Security

Anyone know if Ford etched the cars vin# on all the glass. It lowers insurance cost.

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
No but your local PD could do it.

Only some states and. insurance carriers will give a discount

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Just a deterrent for theft.

Sponsored

Murdered Out Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
I sat in a GT with premier interior and "cheap" never entered my mind.
I think they did a great job overall on the interior.

svt93style

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Slow
I was disappointed to see that there is still quite a bit of hard plastic in the new interior. It would have been so much better if Ford used (at the very least) soft touch paint on these hard rather cheap feeling/looking surfaces, or better yet all soft plastics for the premium interior cars. I certainly don't expect leather wrapped pieces but give us better quality plastics on all touchable surfaces, as some of these cars are $45,000.00 and verts will be over $50,000.00
I was wondering what parts you were referring to?
I have not been in the car yet and was curious so I could
take a look.

Also, I watched a review and the guy said that the door panels on the premium were soft touch vs the base GT - which model where you in?

Thanks.

mj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 Fords, 1 Mazda, 1 Mercury
I was wondering what parts you were referring to?
I have not been in the car yet and was curious so I could
take a look.

Also, I watched a review and the guy said that the door panels on the premium were soft touch vs the base GT - which model where you in?

Thanks.
The hard plastic parts are the lower door panel ( that one rarely touches ), the center console, and areas underneath the aluminum strip along the dash. For the most part, everything else is soft.

This is in a premium with 50thA package.

Patrick S

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium 50 year Ap/Pkg
I sat in a GT with premier interior and "cheap" never entered my mind.
I think they did a great job overall on the interior.
i could not agree more. the 50th Anv package premium is very top notch, in my opinion.
Sponsored