Sponsored

Handling Package for a Street Driven Car?

Zach@Granger

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Mustang
Thank you for clearing it up, Zach. I have my name on your GT500 waiting list, so I hope to get the call once your allocations for 2022 come in!
I'm hoping we have a lot of people back out so I can talk myself into buying one. šŸ˜‚
Sponsored

Snakecollector

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
'03 Cobra (sold), '08 Viper (sold), '20 GT500
I wouldnā€™t let a dealer install any of the parts. Especially the splitter. They will f it up with about a 95% certainty.

rp930

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500, 2019 Ranger, 2015 MB GLK250
I wouldnā€™t let a dealer install any of the parts. Especially the splitter. They will f it up with about a 95% certainty.
If I get a choice I will tell them to put it in the trunk.

Snakecollector

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
'03 Cobra (sold), '08 Viper (sold), '20 GT500
If I get a choice I will tell them to put it in the trunk.
You should be fine. Thatā€™s what I did. The splitter is in the passenger seat when the car comes off the truck.

rp930

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500, 2019 Ranger, 2015 MB GLK250

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Might as well get ALL the things the OP doesn't need. Carbon fiber track pack or go home. its 'better' after all, and since we're spending someone else's money, why not?
If you are going to go that route then may as well get a Ford GT, right?

To Zach's comment.....sorry, but unless you can further clarify I think your statements regarding dealer compensation for parts installation is going to create some confusion as there will no doubt be reference made to them in discussions down the road. While Ford was a little shaky in '20 with the GT500 ( for example) they have clarified with respect to which parts from a given option package would be dealer installed or owner installed. The order guide is intentionally clear on this too and I have seen the corporate to dealer letters that further clarify what is compensated for and what isn't. Zach, if you have correspondence to the contrary, I'd appreciate hearing the specifics.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
As a former dealer mechanic what ford pays for a job VS what you the consumer pays is laughable.

Not Ford but is relative. The LHS chryslers had an evap core defect, it was covered under warranty. Warranty paid 4 hours. The job, even if you had done it 20 times took 6.

If you were paying out of pocket the job paid 12 hours.

I have not seen the splitter install flat rate time but I'll bet it is less than half the time it takes to do it right.

Dealer prep was a gravy job given to the suck ups.

Zach@Granger

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Mustang
If you are going to go that route then may as well get a Ford GT, right?

To Zach's comment.....sorry, but unless you can further clarify I think your statements regarding dealer compensation for parts installation is going to create some confusion as there will no doubt be reference made to them in discussions down the road. While Ford was a little shaky in '20 with the GT500 ( for example) they have clarified with respect to which parts from a given option package would be dealer installed or owner installed. The order guide is intentionally clear on this too and I have seen the corporate to dealer letters that further clarify what is compensated for and what isn't. Zach, if you have correspondence to the contrary, I'd appreciate hearing the specifics.

You may be right. I know we were compensated to install everything in the past and we've made that a practice at the customer's request on GT500s. But maybe they changed their philosophy. I couldn't find any paperwork on it in a quick search.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Thanks for your honest candor Zach.

Here's two that I can find on my phone. These were supplied to Ford service departments to address the matter...

z 20200220_092320-M.jpg

20210924_104025.jpg

Sponsored

Zach@Granger

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Mustang
Thanks for your honest candor Zach.

Here's two that I can find on my phone. These were supplied to Ford service departments to address the matter...

z 20200220_092320-M.jpg

20210924_104025.jpg
Well shoot, can I go back for more money from the GT500s we've delivered so far? šŸ¤£

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 - 2006 GT Convertible
Well shoot, can I go back for more money from the GT500s we've delivered so far? šŸ¤£
Or offer it as a 'free' service to potential customers as yet another reason to do business with you? Every customer likes to hear about the free stuff they are getting.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Handling package?

If they are the same camber plates found on the CFTP, I'd pass. They suck. Id get vorshlag plates.

As for the rest of the aero, price out the difference. But I must insist, the factory camber plates suck.
Sponsored