Sponsored

Hack for rolling up windows with key fob??

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I live in southeast Alabama and am getting so tired of going out to my car every afternoon to roll my windows up when I think it's about to rain.
Is your job that exciting? That a brief mid-afternoon break from it and a chance to stretch your legs isn't welcome?

Norm
Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
I never leave my windows down and walk away from my car under any circumstances....guess i don't need a hack!

Supa LA

Drop a gear and disappear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metallic Mustang GT PP
OP- why are you leaving your car unattended with the windows down in the first place?? :crazy: :doh:

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Because in alabama no one is a criminal!!!...lol

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Wide open would be one thing, cracked an inch or so to let the worst of the heat out another.

That said, there are a few places where I won't do that if I'm going to be away from the car for more than a few minutes. Where I worked (I'm now retired) there wasn't ever much worry.

Norm

Sponsored

Earlsays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MUSTANG GT
It would be nice - I love rolling down the window with the fob, almost never do it, because what's the point, I cannot roll it up with the fob....I couldn't care less about "safety" issues...there must be a way to enable this...

OP
OP
Stangnut

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
Our parking lot is close enough to my office that I would be able to hear the alarm if someone messed with my car. That and it's very unlikely someone would try anything to begin with. I have no problem leaving the windows all the way down.

As for leaving it down only an inch, because of the way the car is designed, even cracking it half an inch will allow rain to get in the car.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
As for leaving it down only an inch, because of the way the car is designed, even cracking it half an inch will allow rain to get in the car.
It's not much better in the S197, as long as it's just sitting still in a parking lot.

Not having remote lowering either, I'd also get to get up from my desk on the hot summer days around mid-afternoon to open the windows wider than the inch down or so where I'd left them at 6:15 AM that morning. Hell, the guys who still smoked got to take a couple of breaks outside the building, this was mine.

Norm

awmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium PP
In the US windows will only be allowed to roll down via the fob due to child safety reasons. On BMW's you can get into the code and change it so that you can roll up the windows remotely. Though I don't use this function ever so I haven't looked for a solution, I bet a dealer could program it though.
Other Ford cars allow you to roll the windows up via the FOB, in the US. The Fusion has this feature. Lincoln has it as well.

[ame]

tza888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ruby Red GT
Other Ford cars allow you to roll the windows up via the FOB, in the US. The Fusion has this feature. Lincoln has it as well.

I was just about to say this. My 2014 Fusion Hybrid that i traded for the Mustang had the ability to roll up the windows with the fob.

I will never understand why the mustang lost features that some of the cheaper cars have. I drove a shitty little focus sedan loaner that had a digital speedo yet my 40k mustang doesnt have this. UGH :frusty::crazy::doh:

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Maybe "shitty little sedans" need technology to attract people to them in the first place. Not fun enough in their own right otherwise.

Unlike, say, a Mustang.

Norm

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Maybe "shitty little sedans" need technology to attract people to them in the first place. Not fun enough in their own right otherwise.

Unlike, say, a Mustang.

Norm
:lol:
7e4.jpg

OP
OP
Stangnut

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
Well hopefully someone can figure out how to make the Mustang do it. This also tells me there isn't a problem with safety if Ford makes other cars that will do it.

awmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium PP
I was just about to say this. My 2014 Fusion Hybrid that i traded for the Mustang had the ability to roll up the windows with the fob.

I will never understand why the mustang lost features that some of the cheaper cars have. I drove a shitty little focus sedan loaner that had a digital speedo yet my 40k mustang doesnt have this. UGH :frusty::crazy::doh:
The Mustang has always been light on features. When I went from my 2001 Focus 2 door to my 2005 Mustang, I couldn't believe that my focus went back to the previous seat recline angle after you folded it forward, but my literally twice as expensive Mustang didn't. (Didn't put people back there often, but would throw my bag or whatever back there.)
The Mustang could really use front parking sensors. And I was shocked when it got Adaptive cruise and cooled seats. But it doesn't have lane keep assist or the auto parking feature (Both of which I don't miss, just listing options available on the Fusion and Focus that aren't on the more expensive Mustang). Perhaps the money spent on engines and chassis tuning is why it's missing these features? I don't know, but I agree it's always struck me as odd.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Good news is, my fob now opens every garage door in my neighborhood at the same time. Bad news is, now it won't open my Mustang...

:p
Sponsored