Sponsored

H-Pipe

Qu8Storm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Ruby Red
Vehicle Showcase
I bought my 2018 pp1 used at the end of January and one thing that I really liked about it was the cold start and how it sound but would calm down once revs dropped. I had plans of installing an H-pipe but wanted to hear one in person compared to the x-pipe. Well today I got my car back from having the Roush supercharger installed and noticed that the exhaust note is a bit louder. When I got home I decided to look under the car and low and behold I have an H-pipe, now i understand why it sounds so good and deep. All this time i thought that's how it sound from the factory. I do have the active exhaust. Silly me. Well that's one thing i don't have to buy, it's perfect the way it is.

All this time I've been asking myself why would anyone want an exhaust louder than this, whole time I've had the exhaust everyone was talking about but now with the blower it turns it up a few notches.
Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I bought my 2018 pp1 used at the end of January and one thing that I really liked about it was the cold start and how it sound but would calm down once revs dropped. I had plans of installing an H-pipe but wanted to hear one in person compared to the x-pipe. Well today I got my car back from having the Roush supercharger installed and noticed that the exhaust note is a bit louder. When I got home I decided to look under the car and low and behold I have an H-pipe, now i understand why it sounds so good and deep. All this time i thought that's how it sound from the factory. I do have the active exhaust. Silly me. Well that's one thing i don't have to buy, it's perfect the way it is.

All this time I've been asking myself why would anyone want an exhaust louder than this, whole time I've had the exhaust everyone was talking about but now with the blower it turns it up a few notches.
When I first started modding the car I found the stock mufflers to be very tinny sounding with the resonator removed. Going after market cleared that up immediately.

OP
OP
Qu8Storm

Qu8Storm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Which one do you have? Any sound clips? :D
I don't know what brand of H-pipe I have. No sound clips as of now, I put the car on the dyno monday so i'll see if i can get a video.

Rpinaiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ral
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
The H Pipe resonator delete is perfect for 18+ GT. Sounds great on cold start and when you get on it but normal at idle. It's all personal taste. I feel any after market mufflers, axle back would be annoyingly loud.

Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Has anybody here opened up the factory resonator? Does it resemble an H or an X pipe design inside? Just curious. Thx.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
It'd take me years searching tens of thousands of threads looking for that. Ha ha. But thanks anyway. Searched for that before, but nothing came up. It sounds more like an H pipe to me than an X, so whichever design it has, it probably resembles an H more. That's what I meant :).

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Its more like a restricted / baffled H - it allows restricted gas flow only through perforated tube rather than a direct connection like a H.

WD :like:

FruityJudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
It'd take me years searching tens of thousands of threads looking for that. Ha ha. But thanks anyway. Searched for that before, but nothing came up. It sounds more like an H pipe to me than an X, so whichever design it has, it probably resembles an H more. That's what I meant :).
I got you sir

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...exhaust-mod-we-did.137921/page-3#post-2834653

Again I wouldnt compare it to either. It may balance some pressure but I doubt there is any scavenging happening

Sponsored
OP
OP
Qu8Storm

Qu8Storm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I don't know what brand of H-pipe I have. No sound clips as of now, I put the car on the dyno monday so i'll see if i can get a video.
Just found out it's a Mishimoto H Pipe. Car dynoed at 661hp.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I got you sir
How did you find that? Nice search skills:). Thank you very much for that. I think it's closer to an H than an X one, since the pipes are straight-thru inside, and with all the packing material, there's not much cross-flow IMO. And the fact it doesn't sound raspy, points to that direction too. At any rate, the only reason I'm hesitant to even mess with it is unless you weld it all around, the mufflers (and tips) reportedly move, and the sound is so nice already, that might leave it alone. I also wanted the weight reduction, after installing Steeda full jacking rails, but it's not that much, so probably not worth the trouble. I don't like adding any more weight to an already heavy vehicle, hence trying to offset those rails. Ha ha. But not a big deal. At least I'm just 160+, so a lot lighter than most American folks :D.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I never liked any of the H-pipe exhausts for this car except the AWE touring catback. I always maintain the X creates an exotic rasp more conducive to the Coyote engine. Just my personal opinion.
Sponsored