Sponsored

H pipe

TrevorGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
race red 2015 GT
I'm looking to install an H pipe. I see a lot of X pipes out there, but only 1 or 2 H pipes. Whose running an H and where did you get it?
Sponsored

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
there are plenty of h pipe choices available, I personally chose the Mishimoto for its stainless steel construction, but its expensive at $250, there is MRT, steeda, Heartthrob, as well as Lethal Performance, and UPR, take your pick

http://www.cjponyparts.com/mrt-resonator-delete-h-pipe-stainless-steel-gt-2015-2017/p/HPMR1/

http://www.cjponyparts.com/mrt-resonator-delete-h-pipe-stainless-steel-gt-2015-2017/p/HPMR1/

http://www.americanmuscle.com/heartthrob-h-pipe-2015gt.html

http://www.americanmuscle.com/mishimoto-hpipe-1517gt.html

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 track day car
Anybody want to hit the highlights of what are the pros and cons of either? New turf to me, every V8 I've ever had was two separate pipes all the way back, which says a lot about how old my last muscle car was.....

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Anybody want to hit the highlights of what are the pros and cons of either? New turf to me, every V8 I've ever had was two separate pipes all the way back, which says a lot about how old my last muscle car was.....
x-pipes make a tad (minute amount) more power than h-pipes, x-pipes are a bit louder and raspier than h-pipes, where as h-pipes offer a deeper, more muscle car like tone

Chad11491

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP
It's really just sound preference. The hp difference is within the margin of error on a dyno. The X technically should flow better. I went with the ARH catback with the H pipe because I prefer the deeper sound of the H, but that's just me. You should try to hear one with an H or X in person and make your mind up.

Sponsored

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 track day car
Thanks guys, great info. I suspect I would like the H pipe sound better.

NewTekBuzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT 6M
I'm running Stainless works H pipe with their full exhaust! Could not be happier

drake67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Steeda H-Pipe
Steeda Axle-Back exhaust

H-Pipe deeper muscle car sound. I love the way mine sounds and get compliments every time I drive it. But... This setup does produce a little more cabin drone. It levels out at highway speeds.

LG23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT
Mrt H-pipe with an axleback. Exhaust screams and has a deep tone.

Sponsored

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
Is there a best location for it wrt drive shaft removal?
Does this mod have warranty implications?

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Facts

Test showed minute differences between various X-pipes and an H-pipe on a stock vehicle. Though there are lots of tests that show a difference between X-pipes and H-pipes on modified vehicles. Some say it is a lot but I haven't seen a huge difference (<10HP) and that was with moderately modified vehicles. If you go all out race, I'm sure the numbers become significant.

Biggest thing to note is, well the note as in sound. The X-pipe owners note more of a higher pitch and raspiness and the H-pipe owners note more a lower growl. Listen to the video in the Mishimoto dynos and hear for yourself.

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I have the heartthrob H pipe on stock mufflers. The sound is a little deeper and louder than stock and I mean just a little.

For the price I can't say that I am unhappy. However the car is still too quiet for me and the stock mufflers are a little raspy at times. I am in the market for a cat back this spring, kinda wish I went that way from the get go. I could get an axle back but I don't want a cobbled together system.

As far as power goes it's not even worth talking about. Nothing except headers is going to produce real gains on these cars N/A, making the X vs H power conversation a moot point really.

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Where in TX are you? How much did you pay to have it welded up?
I live in Midland/Odessa. I paid $100 to have the resonator removed, H-Pipe (2.5in) welded, stock mufflers removed, and 2.5in to 4in tip welded in. I believe the shop I went to would have removed and welded the H-Pipe alone for $60.
Sponsored