H pipe

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
I'm looking to install an H pipe. I see a lot of X pipes out there, but only 1 or 2 H pipes. Whose running an H and where did you get it?
I have an H-pipe and it was made by my local custom exhaust shop. 304 stainless welded in and all for under $200. Had me in and out in about an hour, call around bet you can find a local shop.
Sponsored

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I have the heartthrob H pipe on stock mufflers. The sound is a little deeper and louder than stock and I mean just a little.

For the price I can't say that I am unhappy. However the car is still too quiet for me and the stock mufflers are a little raspy at times. I am in the market for a cat back this spring, kinda wish I went that way from the get go. I could get an axle back but I don't want a cobbled together system.

As far as power goes it's not even worth talking about. Nothing except headers is going to produce real gains on these cars N/A, making the X vs H power conversation a moot point really.
thats odd, I added an h pipe and my S-types got much louder, you'd figure stock mufflers would still see a large increase........

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
From Texas to Louisana to California back to Texas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 3.55, Modded 2006 Pontiac G6
I have the MBRP Street Catback exhaust with the H-Pipe and I love it I am not a huge fan of raspiness some people are and the MBRP is a little raspy but if you get an X-Pipe I will say prepare for the raspiness and constant drone. HP difference is nominal really. Google some YouTube videos you will hear the difference. At the end of the day it is all in your preference.

OP
OP

TrevorGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
race red 2015 GT
I ended up ordering the stainless H-pipe from summit racing for $174

Mike's Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 401A
thats odd, I added an h pipe and my S-types got much louder, you'd figure stock mufflers would still see a large increase........
I had my H on with stock mufflers for about a week before my S-types arrived. It was a little louder, but not much.

Sponsored

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
I ended up ordering the stainless H-pipe from summit racing for $174
What additional work did you have to do. The Summit SS H-pipe looks too short to take the place of the resonator so I'm thinking new pipe has to be added.

OP
OP

TrevorGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
race red 2015 GT
It should be the same as the heartthrob resonator delete, but in SS

B.Crowder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)