Sponsored

Guys, how important is the “Shelby” name to the enjoyment of your car?

GT-DM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Redd
Vehicle(s)
GT500 & other heaps
This is true but a little context is in order. Back then there wasn’t an aftermarket like there is today. They were very much the originators of a lot of the innovations they used. One of the best that comes to mind is the swappable front hub assembly that made such a great scene in F vs F.
Wastin ur breathe... Shelby haters, cuz they don't own 1.

The big secret up in Dearborn is that Ford hired
'Salt Bae Guy'
to do the Mach 1 Design.

Farley had him use his unique sprinkle style, to flake pcs from PP1 PP2 BULLITT GT350 & GT500, onto a GT 👇

1_UhiuYsswBeBC-mfjahHY4w.gif

Screenshot_20240310_004355_Google.jpg

While sayin his famous quote:
"I am not a car guy, I am a butcher,"

OP & other Shelby haters hav a
'Salty Mach Owners🧂Club'.
Should ask if we can join.
Sittin round every Wed nite at Hooters, drinkin BudLight, bashing quicker cars.

Lots of development went into the Mach 1.
A giant dildo sticker, & wheels.
Bet ya the Mach 2 gets a vibrating seat!

Go over to 7g guys. Run ur game on the Dark Horse crowd. Come bk when u perfect your 'Hater' angle of why Shelby's sucks so bad. Your current arguments are weak & thinly disguised.
Tell 7g how the Mach is the pride of all Mustangs. Show um true genius of not payin to own a Shelby, but a repackaged PP1 w/Gt350 intake.

Reality is hard. Easier to deny it. 😉
Sponsored

OP
OP
young at heart

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec

'Salt Bae Guy'
to do the Mach 1 Design.

Farley had him use his unique sprinkle style, to flake pcs from PP1 PP2 BULLITT GT350 & GT500, onto a GT 👇

Go over to 7g guys. Run ur game on the Dark Horse crowd. Come bk when u perfect your 'Hater' angle of why Shelby's sucks so bad. Your current arguments are weak & thinly disguised.
Tell 7g how the Mach is the pride of all Mustangs. Show um true genius of not payin to own a Shelby, but a repackaged PP1 w/Gt350 intake.

GT-DM, clearly you need to polish up your reading comprehension skills a little. Maybe a lot. From my OP:

“ Let’s face it; regardless of what assembly line they went down, who blessed them, what registry they are or aren’t on or any other useless point somebody’s trying to make Shelbys are special. Always have been, always will be.”

I don’t think that sounds like a guy who hates Shelbys; actually the other way around. You Shelby owners have great cars, maybe what some lower trim Mustangs secretly want to be when they grow up. I get being defensive if somebody is slammin’ on Shelbys, but do you really need to make stuff up that the poster didn’t say just so you seem tough? I really don’t get why a few of you guys do this.

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
Sorry, the whole post reads like a hater because that’s exactly what it is. You are completely clueless what Ford Performance did in developing these cars. The idea that things were simply refined demonstrates your lack of knowledge. Where you benefited directly is what got passed down to produce the Mach 1. And that’s great benefit. If you truly want to see what the difference’s are between a Gt for example and a 350 put them side by side, then start going from front to back part to part and you’ll see how many difference’s there are. I have both and its obvious even to an uneducated observer the differences. Put the cars on a rack and it becomes even more evident. And I’ll call complete bs you were in the market for a 500 and decided on a Mach 1. The Mach 1 is a great car , as is the Gt, but neither is in the same sentence as a 500. Nor the 350. It is what it is. I started with 16, modded the suspension, brakes, etc. and had an fi kit sitting on my bench. Went and drove a new 350, and it was in a whole other category to my modded Gt. Wasn’t even a question, it was blatantly obvious in the first half mile. The 500 even more so.
Like I said, don't watch Savagegeese for your own sanity, because that is exactly what they do...put it on a rack and go over the car in detail. You will not like what you hear-rental car parts on your beloved Shelby. If you really think they put different general parts on your car you are delusional-open the hood for yourself. If they did, you would have spent 300+K on it.
My dealer had an Orange GT500 when I bought mine in 21. I passed on it for two reasons...I didn't want to pay 80K+ for a mustang, and I nearly daily my car (21 with 28K miles)if it is nice so the markedly lower MPG on the 500 is not something I could justify at how often I would actually use the HP difference.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I have a rack genius. Spent decades owning a body shop as well. Not interested in youtube clowns . Your comment about mpg and cost says it all. I don‘t know what it is about the Gt crowd but its always the same song and dance. I also get a kick out of those that are light in the wallet and their nonsense. I really like the Gt3’s but won’t spend that, but you don’t see me in a porsche forum spewing hate that it’s just a 911. But you be you. It’s all good. Think I’ll take my rental mustang to the range today. :tumbleweed:

Like I said, don't watch Savagegeese for your own sanity, because that is exactly what they do...put it on a rack and go over the car in detail. You will not like what you hear-rental car parts on your beloved Shelby. If you really think they put different general parts on your car you are delusional-open the hood for yourself. If they did, you would have spent 300+K on it.
My dealer had an Orange GT500 when I bought mine in 21. I passed on it for two reasons...I didn't want to pay 80K+ for a mustang, and I nearly daily my car (21 with 28K miles)if it is nice so the markedly lower MPG on the 500 is not something I could justify at how often I would actually use the HP difference.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
Had no clue who that guy was till recently. That meme is awesome. Good for him if that’s working for him.

'Salt Bae Guy'
to do the Mach 1 Design.

Sponsored

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
I don‘t know what it is about the Gt crowd but it’s always the same song and dance. I also get a kick out of those that are light in the wallet and their nonsense. I really like the Gt3’s but won’t spend that, but you don’t see me in a porsche forum spewing hate that it’s just a 911.
that’s the part I don’t get…it’s a question for Shelby owners in the Shelby section, and a non-Shelby owner comes in to tell everyone how the car is nothing more than a rental 😂

Im gonna go over to the Raptor forum and start bashing their trucks since I don’t own one, but I have an F150 with the 5.0, so I clearly know more then them 🤡

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
I have a rack genius. Spent decades owning a body shop as well. Not interested in youtube clowns . Your comment about mpg and cost says it all. I don‘t know what it is about the Gt crowd but its always the same song and dance. I also get a kick out of those that are light in the wallet and their nonsense. I really like the Gt3’s but won’t spend that, but you don’t see me in a porsche forum spewing hate that it’s just a 911. But you be you. It’s all good. Think I’ll take my rental mustang to the range today. :tumbleweed:
I will take Savagegeese over any self-proclaimed internet expert. Your car is probably 85% if not more standard mustang or do you have the special Shelby wiring and hoses too? Did you see those on your rack? Oh and now mine is just a standard GT again despite having quite a few of your vaunted Shelby parts. Although I don't really care if it is just a GT. Your comment about my decision to pass shows you are nothing but the typical Shelby owner...full of shit/hopped up on yourself because you bought a car. I am far from light in the wallet but don't just dump money to dump it unnecessarily. You believe what you want. Enjoy the track...try to keep it off a wall...would hate to hear about a precious Shelby getting damaged.

Wildwildwest

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
that’s the part I don’t get…it’s a question for Shelby owners in the Shelby section, and a non-Shelby owner comes in to tell everyone how the car is nothing more than a rental 😂

Im gonna go over to the Raptor forum and start bashing their trucks since I don’t own one, but I have an F150 with the 5.0, so I clearly know more then them 🤡
You know; Opinions are like…. You can’t fix…. Don‘t argue with…. These threads turn into brief entertainment, then 🥱

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
You need to change your feminine product. Its full. And you realize savegeese, whatever, is youtube which is the internet.

I will take Savagegeese over any self-proclaimed internet expert. Your car is probably 85% if not more standard mustang or do you have the special Shelby wiring and hoses too? Did you see those on your rack? Oh and now mine is just a standard GT again despite having quite a few of your vaunted Shelby parts. Although I don't really care if it is just a GT. Your comment about my decision to pass shows you are nothing but the typical Shelby owner...full of shit/hopped up on yourself because you bought a car. I am far from light in the wallet but don't just dump money to dump it unnecessarily. You believe what you want. Enjoy the track...try to keep it off a wall...would hate to hear about a precious Shelby getting damaged.

UpACurb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 20 Explorer
point on the bear to where the Shelby hurt you…

Sponsored

Cobra99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
Matt Farah said the same as the previous GT500; it share parts with a rental vehicle. So what? A Bugatti shares parts with a Volkswagen. It's the parts it doesn't that makes it special.

NPTR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R HEP
Starting to think this thread was posted by some Russian bot to drive engagement on the forum, with the flames stoked in a similar fashion to social media algos, driving clicks by pissing all off!

The GT350 is an epic car, no debating that. Is it perfect, no! But is it a living legend, regardless of the badge, YES. The GT500 and Mach 1 are both amazing too, albeit with different strengths / weaknesses vs the GT350 that may make them better or worse for you...that's your subjective decision.

Now can we go back to loving each other and direct our hate towards folks on another team, like Camaro / Corvette owners? Thank you...

Tones GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2021 FJG Mach 1
It’s all about the heritage for me as a mustang enthusiast.

I don’t mind Ford bringing new products and cars to the table (Darkhorse), but it’s important that they don’t forget the things that made the mustang what it is today. Shelby, Boss, Mach 1, Cobra all played a very important role and they all have a special place in Mustang lineage.

I have never seen a new platform (S650) divide a community as much as this.

Hopefully Ford will bring back the Shelby name down the road as it holds a special place in the mustang lineup. The Darkhorse is yet to be proven and until then, will not hold as much weight to me personally. (Plus the name sucks)

just my .2 cents

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
GT-DM, clearly you need to polish up your reading comprehension skills a little. Maybe a lot. From my OP:

“ Let’s face it; regardless of what assembly line they went down, who blessed them, what registry they are or aren’t on or any other useless point somebody’s trying to make Shelbys are special. Always have been, always will be.”

I don’t think that sounds like a guy who hates Shelbys; actually the other way around. You Shelby owners have great cars, maybe what some lower trim Mustangs secretly want to be when they grow up. I get being defensive if somebody is slammin’ on Shelbys, but do you really need to make stuff up that the poster didn’t say just so you seem tough? I really don’t get why a few of you guys do this.
And when you've been called out and are clearly being a douche, it's 2024 best practice to turn it on someone else, like you have done. I did think about it, and read a few follow-ups and the direction is clear. You have a great car, it's OK.
PS - I remember plenty of posts and this IS your MO. You have that weird thing where you cant help but slip in your predisposed opinion while disguising your comments as constructive or inquisitive.

Your car is special... in fact, I would have bought an M1 if the GT350 did not exist.
Sponsored