GTD application halted

DopamineQuest

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 Carbonized Gray
And yet Hennessy can do 1000hp for comparative pennies.
Ford could get 1000 hp outta the Predator for pennies too....It's literally like 10k to get 1000 at the flywheel while being bulletproof. They obviously didn't wanna go that high for reasons.
Sponsored

DopamineQuest

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 Carbonized Gray
How about they teach Ford how not to cook the damn 7 and 8 cylinders instead of some fancy pants body penals. Do something useful for once.
Haven't heard ANYHING about Predator's cooking anything...they're pretty bulletproof from everything I've seen.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Haven't heard ANYHING about Predator's cooking anything
Wasn't saying predator specific, rather all of Ford's v8s. There is no excuse not to do cooling correctly, and thus relegating engine use to just casual in-town driving.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
How about they teach Ford how not to cook the damn 7 and 8 cylinders instead of some fancy pants body penals. Do something useful for once.
I don’t track my car so I’ll defer to those that do, especially the GT500 guys since Ford is also using the supercharged 5.2L for the GTD. I don’t hang around the track threads much so not sure they have cooling issues or not. You having cooling issues with the Mach?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You having cooling issues with the Mach?
No, but I'm just city driving it as yet.

Plenty of ink spilled on voodoo and coyote having bad days when pushed even modestly hard.

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
That’s the game for all of them unfortunately. They milk certain makes/models and when their views/likes stagnate, they move on to the next best thing. StangChode is one of the few that has stuck with the same make/model. And I absolutely cannot stand the guy even though he’s a Mustang guy. Austin is another one I just can’t even watch anymore. He’s like nails on a chalkboard.

The YouTube car stuff I prefer to watch is more informative/educational stuff. Or reviewers like Throttle House or Raiti (350R owner btw).
Agree with your comments regarding many of these influencers/YouTubers milking certain brands/ HP models and then moving on to the next best thing when their views go south or stagnate, therefore let me ask you this?

Assuming that Ford may hold the titles for a 2025 GTD for a 2-year period as they did for the last ~4 production years for the 2nd generation Ford GT model, how many of these influencers/YouTubers would be willing to tie up $350,000 (OTD) for a 2-year period without the chance of recouping any monies during a 24-month period?

Not too many in my opinion.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Agree with your comments regarding many of these influencers/YouTubers milking certain brands/ HP models and then moving on to the next best thing when their views go south or stagnate, therefore let me ask you this?

Assuming that Ford may hold the titles for a 2025 GTD for a 2-year period as they did for the last ~4 production years for the 2nd generation Ford GT model, how many of these influencers/YouTubers would be willing to tie up $350,000 (OTD) for a 2-year period without the chance of recouping any monies during a 24-month period?

Not too many in my opinion.
I agree, I think 2 years is a long time (probably too long) for a lot of these guys. It will be interesting to see for sure. There’s not a ton of Ford GT videos out there and most of them are just quick shots of them leaving a cars and coffee or at other car events.

And given that some of these guys feature Lamborghini’s, McLaren’s, Ferrari’s and even a Bugatti (Stradman) but none (or very few) feature a Ford GT is kind of telling to me. That hold period is just too long (or they didn’t get selected to begin with and don’t want to pay the auction prices when they do come available).

The GTD is priced such that a lot of these guys are willing to put in an application but I really wonder how many of them even realize there will likely be a no-sale period and it will likely be 2 years. Wouldn’t be surprised if some pass once they see it in writing. That time period just doesn’t work for their business model.

Look no further than guys like StangChode and StreetSpeed717. They each have/had a car that they have modified and featured on their channels (Stang with the “Black Mamba” GT and SS717 with his C7 ZR1) for multiple years and the views on those videos where they’re heavily featured start to stagnate and hit a ceiling. Some of those guys even talk about stuff like that on their channels and that they are constantly needing to evaluate, adapt, change to keep people interested. That’s not a good fit for a car like the GTD IMO. Some YouTuber is not going to make a car like that better than Ford/Multimatic can, so they’re pretty limited as to what they can do with the car on their channel.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I really wonder how many of them even realize there will likely be a no-sale period and it will likely be 2 years. Wouldn’t be surprised if some pass once they see it in writing. That time period just doesn’t work for their business model
I'm sure marketing will have a clause in there they can enter into a lease instead.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
All my weight and horsepower estimations were off the fly. I'm looking forward to seeing what multimatic will do.

Remember, taking weight off a car is an expensive proposition.

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I'm sure marketing will have a clause in there they can enter into a lease instead.
Maybe but I have my doubts. As far as I know that wasn’t an option for the GT and production ran through 2022, well into the “influencer” years.

ecoboost321

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R ; 2018 Tesla Model 3
I agree, I think 2 years is a long time (probably too long) for a lot of these guys. It will be interesting to see for sure. There’s not a ton of Ford GT videos out there and most of them are just quick shots of them leaving a cars and coffee or at other car events.

And given that some of these guys feature Lamborghini’s, McLaren’s, Ferrari’s and even a Bugatti (Stradman) but none (or very few) feature a Ford GT is kind of telling to me. That hold period is just too long (or they didn’t get selected to begin with and don’t want to pay the auction prices when they do come available).

The GTD is priced such that a lot of these guys are willing to put in an application but I really wonder how many of them even realize there will likely be a no-sale period and it will likely be 2 years. Wouldn’t be surprised if some pass once they see it in writing. That time period just doesn’t work for their business model.

Look no further than guys like StangChode and StreetSpeed717. They each have/had a car that they have modified and featured on their channels (Stang with the “Black Mamba” GT and SS717 with his C7 ZR1) for multiple years and the views on those videos where they’re heavily featured start to stagnate and hit a ceiling. Some of those guys even talk about stuff like that on their channels and that they are constantly needing to evaluate, adapt, change to keep people interested. That’s not a good fit for a car like the GTD IMO. Some YouTuber is not going to make a car like that better than Ford/Multimatic can, so they’re pretty limited as to what they can do with the car on their channel.

I’m still waiting to see a ford GT here in track in south Florida (Sebring, Homestead racing). Hopefully will see a GTD on track in the future! 🙏🏼

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I don't see that happening any time soon and if it did that would open up a whole new scenario for all other GTD applicants let alone with Ford having to come up with some sort of down payment and/or a buy back/residual formula.

Do you really think that Dearborn would go to that length in order to satisfy a few select individuals who decided to dump Ford's Halo GTD Mustang after only 24 months just so they could move onto another automotive brand/model, not a hope!

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I’m still waiting to see a ford GT here in track in south Florida (Sebring, Homestead racing). Hopefully will see a GTD on track in the future! 🙏🏼
Let’s hope! Sounds like a few here would do just that if they’re selected.

I’ve never seen a GT on track either (not that I frequent them much). Only at the dealerships and a couple C&C’s/shows.

Which reminds me, the guys at Throttle House did a Ford GT vs C8 Z06 video. It’s pretty cool