GT500 Track Attack - Impressions

JCDriller

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerad
Vehicle(s)
97 Cobra, 2001 Saleen, 2003 Cobra, 2020 GT500 CFTP
Guys I'm booking my flights for my June class and the return flights are scarce (5:30pm take off). Before I take another day off work to leave CLT the following morning I want to make sure that the track attack goes until 5 and isn't actually done at like 3:30?

Can anyone verify that the last couple hour or two of the class are active?

Thanks!

Last edited:

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Guys I'm booking my flights for my June class and the return flights are scares (5:30pm take off). Before I take another day off work to leave CLT the following morning I want to make sure that the track attack goes until 5 and isn't actually done at like 3:30?

Thanks!
If I remember, neither of my classes ended before 5 (I think one was much later like 5:45)

Tyler2386

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500

Sponsored

Tyler2386

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Guys I'm booking my flights for my June class and the return flights are scarce (5:30pm take off). Before I take another day off work to leave CLT the following morning I want to make sure that the track attack goes until 5 and isn't actually done at like 3:30?

Thanks!
We could have been done/left at around 4:15-30. We stayed until 5 chatting. The track is approximately 25min. from the airport. Nevertheless, you could leave earlier if need be.

Ablaze

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2020 TO CFTP, 2013 SBY Boss 302

Thanks!
We finished maybe 30-45mins before 5.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase

Thanks!
I have no recollection of what time our class ended. I think this will all depend on the people in your class. If you get too many gibber jabbers, it could stall the progress, and it might be a later end.

As mentioned, you could always just leave when it's time for you to go. Not ideal, but you could.

OP
OP
PUR_SPD

PUR_SPD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, RR, CFTP, TP; 2013 Boss 302, SBY; 2016 F150 Super Crew; 2010 Audi A6
I want to say 4:30 for us.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Well, my suspicions were correct. They went around and asked about experience and tried to pair people up with similar experience. My group was just me and someone else with extensive track experience. The first session was primarily orientation and nailing down the line. The second session was faster, but still held back by the instructor. The third session was the same, again, not being allowed to push the car like in the hot lap.

My impression of the track....... It was a mini Daytona with a more technical inside course. I enjoyed my time there, but the course is designed for people with no or little track experience. I felt that me and my co-driver in my group demonstrated enough proficiency to be allowed to run the cars faster.

Looking back on it, I would have definitely not bought the insurance. They don't let you push the car that hard.

Sponsored

themik99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP, 2022 F-150 Tremor
Well, my suspicions were correct. They went around and asked about experience and tried to pair people up with similar experience. My group was just me and someone else with extensive track experience. The first session was primarily orientation and nailing down the line. The second session was faster, but still held back by the instructor. The third session was the same, again, not being allowed to push the car like in the hot lap.

My impression of the track....... It was a mini Daytona with a more technical inside course. I enjoyed my time there, but the course is designed for people with no or little track experience. I felt that me and my co-driver in my group demonstrated enough proficiency to be allowed to run the cars faster.

Looking back on it, I would have definitely not bought the insurance. They don't let you push the car that hard.
Interesting Tom. When I went in November they never asked us about track experience, but they did move people around between sessions.

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Interesting Tom. When I went in November they never asked us about track experience, but they did move people around between sessions.
When I went in March, they kind of casually asked in our class room if anyone had track experience, but that was it. More of a raise your hand if you have track experience type thing. But they did the same, moved people from group to group after sessions

OP
OP
PUR_SPD

PUR_SPD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, RR, CFTP, TP; 2013 Boss 302, SBY; 2016 F150 Super Crew; 2010 Audi A6
I would have liked to move in front of the instructor

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
They had only done one GT500 Track Attack day before the one I attended and they had rain that day and did some cone stuff along with the track. On our day it was perfect weather and they decided to try splitting the day between tracking at the strip or at the speedway with some classroom in between. The instructor I had, Spencer, was kick ass and allowed us to press as hard as we wanted (only myself, another guy, and him in our group). I had a ball throttle oversteering their car everywhere I wanted and asked everything of the brakes when coming off the straights a little too hot. If the school could replicate that day I'd be there again in a heart beat.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I'm with you Tob. Enjoyed every second of it, and would do it again in a heartbeat.

It was my first time at the track, but I found myself in the advanced group (of our group), and had a freaking ball. Easy to see why there are a lot of people dong this regularly. I was grateful to be there.
Sponsored

Last edited: