GT500 Titanium Lug Nut Solution

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
That was an attempt at sarcasm aimed at this post. Wasn’t toward T at all. My apologies if taken that way.

What do I know I am a qualified Hi-Tech mechanic with 30 years experience and have wrenched on race cars. Any decent mechanic will easily be able to fix these alleged unremovable steel lug nuts. Carry on . I will leave it here as I don't want to turn this into a shitfight

I am reminded of a line by Donald Sutherland in "Kelly's Heroes.." <smiling>

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?"

Considering that Terrance is in the "high end, custom wheel business" and has been for a good while, he has no doubt seen just about every issue that could come up, Charlie. I would suggest that you cut him some slack, he has zero reason to BS anyone.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
I like the extended lugs. decent price for titanium, too.

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
Just had a guy snap his steel locking lug nut off on is Carbon wheel. I doubt you want to take on the job of removing the damaged piece on a $5000 wheel. If only there was a stronger material to be used….

ACCC7DB4-94A6-4E30-9F24-08359B1D3CD3.jpeg
0310CAAB-D127-4FDF-8C1A-837212BDC588.jpeg
while i see the marginal benefits of a luxury item like titanium lugs... that's a wheel lock which not a standard lug nut... which is a good reason to not use them at all.

the standard lugs are beefy as hell and suitable for 99% of people tracking their cars.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Sometimes it’s not that you specifically need something, but you just want it - because you can / because the details matter / because you want to be different and stand out etc etc.

I’m sure a $20 Casio tells just as good time as a Rolex, but (I guess) the Rolex is just nicer / more fitting for a particular situation / goes with a nice suit a little better etc etc.

I’ve never been the been the jealous type and I personally enjoy looking at other peoples cars / car bling even if it’s way beyond what I could manage, but that’s not true of everyone and unfortunately it’s a common trait I’ve seen in car communities since my involvement with them.

I am sure we are all at some point guilty of buying or modifying something far in excess of what we actually need, but who cares ?

I love Ti and I built a bike with as much Ti on it as I could source, yeah it’s unnecessary, but it’s cool and I love it.

If I had the means I’d have some of those Ti nuts on my car - and I’d put a big ‘kiss my nuts’ decal on the fender pointing at them so everyone knew :sunglasses:

WD :like:

Disclaimer : I wouldn’t actually put a decal on my car lol.

Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
..and I’d put a big ‘kiss my nuts’ decal on the fender
Great post, WD but that line had me laughing aloud at 0530. :-)

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Chasing the stud length is difficult. They will vary by GT350R, GT350, GT500, CFTP GT500, MSI Stud, ARP Stud, square rotatable offset with a spacer, and the list goes on.

The main goal is making sure the lug nut has equal protrusion at all four corners, sits flush with the wheel face, and versatility to work with any stud or wheel combination on the market. That is where the thought process ahead of time makes these outstanding. One set of lug nuts to cover any situation.

Aesthetic needs will vary for sure, you just have to personally decide what you are after.
Well said.
Those buying for the weight savings are not worrying about what a show car judge will think.
If it bothers someone that much, buy longer stronger studs.

spiralbevel

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spiralbevel.com
First Name
Stepan
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline 2023
Anodizing titanium is super cool it takes 75-120 volt DC can achieve all sorts of cool hues and colors all done by electrolysis no dyes involved. It is the dyes that fade in UV light. The chemistry is simple the power supply is expensive and the voltage can be dangerous
Happy New Year!
I use 9-24 Volts (see picture below). The main advantage of Ti Anodizing is its simplicity. Easy to remove (sand with oil) and easy to rework DIY (in baking soda). Ti color is the result of light interference. Titanium oxide is transparent. Light reflects from the exterior of Ti oxide and from Titanium surface under oxide. What we see in colors is interference of two reflecting lights. It makes us see colors the same way what we see on a butterfly – adjusted light wave length. This is why the colors on Ti will never fade over time but may change to a different spectrum because the oxidation may increase in thickness.
It takes me 15 min to rework old colors on a Ti 20pack

DSC08772.JPG

Last edited:

oregongt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE, 1967GT Fastback S code,
Happy New Year!
I use 9-24 Volts (see picture below). The main advantage of Ti Anodizing is its simplicity. Easy to remove (sand with oil) and easy to rework DIY (in baking soda). Ti color is the result of light interference. Titanium oxide is transparent. Light reflects from the exterior of Ti oxide and from Titanium surface under oxide. What we see in colors is interference of two reflecting lights. It makes us see colors the same way what we see on a butterfly – adjusted light wave length. This is why the colors on Ti will never fade over time but may change to a different spectrum because the oxidation may increase in thickness.
It takes me 15 min to rework old colors on a Ti 20pack

View attachment 803812
Awesome, higher voltage results in different shades. Color is controlled by current density. Very similar to electrolytic dying of anodized aluminum

spiralbevel

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spiralbevel.com
First Name
Stepan
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline 2023
Awesome, higher voltage results in different shades. Color is controlled by current density. Very similar to electrolytic dying of anodized aluminum
Higher than 24Volt does not produce Titanium color that motorists want. 9-24V gold, purple, blue, and combination gradients are the most popular.

IMG_4047.JPG

DSC08852.JPG

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Titanium lug nuts are back in stock! I only have 14 sets of them left. GT500, GT350, CT5-V Blackwing, and ZL1 Camaro compatible.
Specific lengths front and rear to provide equal amounts of protrusion. Half the weight of OEM. Naturally corrosion and rust resistant.
The cost of titanium seems to go up every time I build these. Definitely snag a set before the next run, as I anticipate a few dollar increase.
https://exhibitionsofspeed.net/shop/ols/products/mustang-gt350-gt500--gt350r-titanium-lug-nuts

20E8A71D-5A2A-4474-AB0F-CA928896FC78.jpeg
Carbon Rotor Hat-67_Original.jpeg
Titanium Lug Nuts-3.jpg
9567678B-C66E-463E-BBBD-6BE9EFF9E72F.jpeg