Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Do these work with the factory wheels? Base model and CF?
Base model and CFTP running the Signature Wheel you want the long/short version. On the CFTP stock wheels you want all the all short version.

$500 for lug nuts . hard pass . What the hell for...
Reduce unsprung weight per wheel by 5 ounces for $100+ a pop ?
Many reasons besides weight. Steel will swell, fatigue, distort, and corrode. You also have unequal depth front to rear, less room In the lug nut recess, and will need to go deeper into the lug nut recess to access the lug nut.

Benefits here are many, downsides are none.

What material are the caps made from?
These are composite, so they wont gall.
Sponsored

marklboris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Vehicle Showcase
Nice. People looking to shave unsprung weight should love them. Looks like a Quality Product
They are a high quality product. Have them on both of my cars (Signature Wheels too).

NZ7_5377D.jpeg

SV706 Mach E Gloss Black Diamond Cut-18D.jpg

Brisvegas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
Dark Matter Grey '23 GT Mustang , 1976 SS Torana
Many reasons besides weight. Steel will swell, fatigue, distort, and corrode. You also have unequal depth front to rear, less room In the lug nut recess, and will need to go deeper into the lug nut recess to access the lug nut.

Benefits here are many, downsides are none.
The only tangible benefit is unsprung weight and no one's gonna notice the difference in a lap time unless you are racing F1 or something like that where hundreds of the second makes it difference . Tracking a Mustang pfffft . Plenty of other places $500 will give more benefit and be money better spent . But hey whatever floats your boat and makes you money .

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
The only tangible benefit is unsprung weight and no one's gonna notice the difference in a lap time unless you are racing F1 or something like that where hundreds of the second makes it difference . Tracking a Mustang pfffft . Plenty of other places $500 will give more benefit and be money better spent . But hey whatever floats your boat and makes you money .
We have had numerous wheel owners that track their cars have factory lug nuts seize up and become unremovable at the track. Steel becomes highly malleable when sustained heat is induced. Your thought process is narrowly focused on lap times. Nobody has ever argued that a lug nut would reduce lap times. But when you cant remove a wheel in between sessions, it matters. But hey, what do I know. I've only worked with over 1000 track enthusiasts over the years....

Brisvegas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
We have had numerous wheel owners that track their cars have factory lug nuts seize up and become unremovable at the track. Steel becomes highly malleable when sustained heat is induced. Your thought process is narrowly focused on lap times. Nobody has ever argued that a lug nut would reduce lap times. But when you cant remove a wheel in between sessions, it matters. But hey, what do I know. I've only worked with over 1000 track enthusiasts over the years....
What do I know I am a qualified Hi-Tech mechanic with 30 years experience and have wrenched on race cars. Any decent mechanic will easily be able to fix these alleged unremovable steel lug nuts. Carry on . I will leave it here as I don't want to turn this into a shitfight

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Sorry, but you already went down that rabbit hole.

What do I know I am a qualified Hi-Tech mechanic with 30 years experience and have wrenched on race cars. Any decent mechanic will easily be able to fix these alleged unremovable steel lug nuts. Carry on . I will leave it here as I don't want to turn this into a shitfight

Brisvegas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
Sorry, but you already went down that rabbit hole.
Thats fine mate , you line this guys pocket buying these totally uneccessary lug nuts , thats your choice but for those who actually might believe that fairytail i am providing the information . If i shatter illusions so be it ... carry on as im sure you will . good luck with it . My time here is done

Google it

ScreenShot1485.jpg

Prodigal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Thats fine mate , you line this guys pocket buying these totally uneccessary lug nuts , thats your choice but for those who actually might believe that fairytail i am providing the information . If i shatter illusions so be it ... carry on as im sure you will . good luck with it . My time here is done

Google it

ScreenShot1485.jpg
32B80F80-50D3-4B38-9357-463277F0599F.gif

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
Sorry buddy, I didn’t buy any from T. So no dog in this fight. Your pretty clueless actually and your “experience” means squat in reality. . Most of us in here aren’t 20 somethings with no experience in motorsports. But by all means carry on.

Edit: Find another pass time other then being concerned with how others spend there money.

Google it

ScreenShot1485.jpg

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Just had a guy snap his steel locking lug nut off on is Carbon wheel. I doubt you want to take on the job of removing the damaged piece on a $5000 wheel. If only there was a stronger material to be used….

ACCC7DB4-94A6-4E30-9F24-08359B1D3CD3.jpeg
0310CAAB-D127-4FDF-8C1A-837212BDC588.jpeg

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Was he using an impact gun?

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
I call bs, been messing with cars since the 80’s. That didn’t happen. :giggle:

Just had a guy snap his steel locking lug nut off on is Carbon wheel. I doubt you want to take on the job of removing the damaged piece on a $5000 wheel. If only there was a stronger material to be used….

ACCC7DB4-94A6-4E30-9F24-08359B1D3CD3.jpeg
0310CAAB-D127-4FDF-8C1A-837212BDC588.jpeg

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
Real question. Have you had issue’s with impacts and wheels? I’ve broke more stuff by hand then I’ve ever experienced with an impact.

Was he using an impact gun?

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I don't use an impact for anything. But I've seen damage-o-plenty to lug nuts, studs, etc from them being impacted into oblivion. And I've had fasteners fail from hand tool use as well.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
I am reminded of a line by Donald Sutherland in "Kelly's Heroes.." <smiling>

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?"

Considering that Terrance is in the "high end, custom wheel business" and has been for a good while, he has no doubt seen just about every issue that could come up, Charlie. I would suggest that you cut him some slack, he has zero reason to BS anyone.
Sponsored