Sponsored

Base OEM Lug Nut Size

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I'm wanting to get my dad a set of new lug nut sockets for Christmas, and want to be sure it includes the correct size for his new Shelby. Are they the same as the 350/R, 21mm?

Thanks!
Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
13/16" is a better fit if your nuts are new and you intend on keeping them as fresh as possible (assuming its the same nut as the GT's) :like:

WD :like:

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Hmmm...WD, I didn't know that but I just checked again and you are, as usual, absolutely correct. Dang Ford...I thought everything was Metric now and the 21 seemed to fit just fine. Duh. I only used a "safe" 21 socket on mine and only once when I switched to Terrance's Ti versions so the originals are not marred at all. Why I'm keeping them, I'm not sure but maybe the next owner will appreciate my hoarding.

I do prefer metric but my brain-eye calibration is still SAE. :cool:

Thanks,

KB

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
To be honest I think 21mm would be fine for 'careful' use - rather than banging the shit out of them with a worn socket rattling around on the end of an impact gun :like:

I do wonder if that's (partly) where these nuts got a bad rep from in the first place ... ?

I found a nice 13/16 wheel socket surprisingly hard to obtain in the UK, I bought (and returned) two sets of wheel sockets that advertised as having 13/16 in them only to find that in reality the sales info was outdated and the socket was substituted with a 21mm.

Then after finally getting one, I then decided to swap my nuts out for McGards and they use 22mm which isn't in my set that has the 13/16 ... :facepalm: I really do have a skill for turning a simple task to shit ... :cwl:

WD :like: