Sponsored

Gt500 and FordPass question

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
I’m thinking about a new mustang. The 500 is on my radar. Question for you guys.

Can you start your gt500 from FordPass app on your phone?

Any of you daily your gt500? Impressions? Advice?

If I do this, it’ll be pretty much a base car with tech package.
Sponsored

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 - 2006 GT Convertible
It is a lot of car for a daily IMO. I don't like to park it much of anywhere because it gets so much attention. I would suggest base + tech + handling package. It's all you could ever ask for.

The car is very comfortable, doesn't tramline too badly at all, and for the most part is pretty smooth. The DCT is a little harsher than the typical car's auto transmission, but I expected this to some degree. The fuel economy is terrible, not that many GT500 owners care, but as a daily you may.

It is an amazing car, but if I was going to daily one it would likely be a GT instead.

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forgot to answer your question:

Yes, you can start/lock/unlock the car with FordPass.

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500

But can I tell Alexa to start my car yet? LOL *Just kidding.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
New owner here, and I would not have a GT500 as my only car. Some cars are meant for crowded parking lots/costco runs/etc and this is not one of them.

The app can start your car but I've had this functionality on other cars (Jeep/Hyundai) and I have literally never used it. The Ford app is nice to see your car status (fuel, tire pressure, oil) but all the remote stuff I've never really seen a point to it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
SVTFreak

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the answers guys. Regarding shifting, I prefer my autos a little punchy. I usually have them tuned to be a little harder shift. So that’s not a problem.

Regarding parking, I actually drive very little. I put less than 10k a year on my daily, usually around 8-9. I go to work and home. The few times I park otherwise, I park at the back of the lot and always on an end. My 50th is 7 years old and has 0 door dings lol. Part of that is luck, sure.

What is your typical gas mileage? Not sure that it will matter much to me if it’s 15 or so. It might if it’s like 8. But again, at <10k miles a year….

Everyone I talked to with a gt350 loved the car but hated It as a daily. I guess I’m curious if the general consensus is the same for the 500 or if it’s a little more suited to driving often.

thanks for the answer about Ford pass. That’s actually important to me. I like to start my car when I leave my work building. By the time I walk up front and change clothes, it’s nice and cool or nice and warm. I want a luxury grand tourer, basically.

PS: anytime we go as a family, we take the wife’s fusion. We still have 3 kids at home lol. It gets the most miles outside of me going to work.

How does the ride compare to a GT PP?

PUR_SPD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, RR, CFTP, TP; 2013 Boss 302, SBY; 2016 F150 Super Crew; 2010 Audi A6
I think it rides great just around town but be prepared. This is a track car that you can drive on the street. Mileage will vary of course but if you're asking the question you need to think about your choice of daily drivers. I'd say no more than 200 miles on a tank of gas and it is premium fuel only. Just a joy ride can be 1/2 a tank of gas.

I wouldn't buy the car for a daily driver but that's just me. Your money so your choice.

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had a 2019 PP1 GT and it did not ride as nice as my GT500 in normal mode.

The trans doesn't shift hard, actually it is buttery smooth and lightning fast. It is a little odd when taking off from a stop, it almost feels like it has a stall converter in it if you have ever driven a car with one.

For me, DD'ing a GT500 would suck because I'm picky where I park it, I won't take it out in the rain, and if you spend any time on the interstate you will have rock chips unless you get PPF. It's an amazing car to drive when you want to, the rest of the time I'm in my truck or on my bike.

If you did decide to DD it though I would love to follow along and get your impressions.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase

Where is that on the app? I don't see it.

I can't even get FordPass to update something as simple as oil life. It has never worked for me.

OP
OP
SVTFreak

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had a 2019 PP1 GT and it did not ride as nice as my GT500 in normal mode.

The trans doesn't shift hard, actually it is buttery smooth and lightning fast. It is a little odd when taking off from a stop, it almost feels like it has a stall converter in it if you have ever driven a car with one.

For me, DD'ing a GT500 would suck because I'm picky where I park it, I won't take it out in the rain, and if you spend any time on the interstate you will have rock chips unless you get PPF. It's an amazing car to drive when you want to, the rest of the time I'm in my truck or on my bike.

If you did decide to DD it though I would love to follow along and get your impressions.
More thanks y’all!

Rain and rock chips don’t scare me as bad as they probably should. Neither does fuel mileage, although i am curious. A hurting back from washboard ride does scare me. Sounds to me like you guys describing no more of a worriesome daily driver than a PP GT would be save for a little more cost in feeding it. I just need to decide if I want to spend that kind of money on a car is all. Fwiw, my day off ride is a factory five cobra with a HCI 302. It ain’t daily drivable but I don’t let that stop me from enjoying it like one lol.
If I do, I’ll certainly post my endeavors. But, a lot has to go right. For one, my dealership needs an allotment. Waiting to hear from them now. I know I’ll get it with no ADM, but it could be a rather long wait.

Sponsored

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
It should be put this way, If you already like the ride of your GT with lowering springs and other Go-faster mods, then you'll like the 500 just fine. ..more in fact. The difference being, the mods come stock and they've been vetted to work better. I'm willing to make a wager that 90% of the people out there with lowering springs never even bothered to get an alignment and they still love the way their cars ride. The same goes for installing wider wheels or spacers.

The 500 is engineered to be a daily driver by anyone. That means my Ricer ass who can't stop tinkering and my 60+ year old Neurosurgeon aunt who does fall color tour scenic cruises and parks in Hospital parking every day.

Don't be afraid of it. The price is forgotten, the quality remains.

Last edited:

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Where is that on the app? I don't see it.

I can't even get FordPass to update something as simple as oil life. It has never worked for me.

34E57D01-C177-451D-A959-65781590EEB9_1_201_a.jpeg

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Very interesting. I see that you’re on the home screen. Here’s what my home screen looks like it has nothing like you have. I’m assuming I have the most updated version because I got it off the Apple store.

72B90ED2-15FC-4456-8E0C-09DEC5A4A036.png

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
It looks like you never setup FordPass when you bought the car or you have it disabled in the car.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It looks like you never setup FordPass when you bought the car or you have it disabled in the car.
I will check that out.
Sponsored