GT40 Taillights

kai20035

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter Who
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
What exposed holes are you referring to? I had a FP GT350 TP spoiler and switched to the FP GT500 spoiler and they both used the exact OEM holes so I don't have any exposed holes on my trunk.
This was from my installer not using the proper 3M tape to prevent the water and condensation from slipping in the exposed areas so he used self tapping screws to pull it back down in some areas so after removing the GT350 spoiler there were a few holes from both ends that the new GT500 spoiler didn't cover.
Sponsored

Muhnopoly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
This was from my installer not using the proper 3M tape to prevent the water and condensation from slipping in the exposed areas so he used self tapping screws to pull it back down in some areas so after removing the GT350 spoiler there were a few holes from both ends that the new GT500 spoiler didn't cover.
Care to explain how you made those side skirts? I wanna try it out myself lol and saw your pics did you modify your diffuser as well?

kai20035

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter Who
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Care to explain how you made those side skirts? I wanna try it out myself lol and saw your pics did you modify your diffuser as well?
The original template I have was made with a Chloroplast building material which made it very easy to cut or modify my angles to my desired cuts but the worse issue I ran into is that underneath these S550 stock side skirts the are angled up so once I had my Lexan Polycarbonate cut out with the finished template it would point 15-20 degrees upward which in the end I had to have my fabricators bend the Lexan so it can sit flat after it was screwed to the stock side skirts! The end pieces I had found them on AliExpress and just completed the look where the fitment was 95% bang on! Pic Below was before I had added the end pieces from AliExpress! I have approx 3-4 sets left of my side skirts at $250CAD which is very cheap considering a sheet of Lexan 4X8ft is over $450CAD to buy before paying someone else to cut it for you.

The diffuser was from Ebay where I had painted it "3 coats" with the new Plasti Dip Hyper Dip in Shadow Black with 3-4 coats clear afterwards. Pic 2 & 3 are pics of the diffuser from Ebay which was surprisingly a very good fit and well priced! They also sell the carbon fiber version now on AliExpress...

Quick Latch.jpg
Screenshot_1.png
2.jpg

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Not my cup of tea but I am running Raxiom Profiles. Love the smooth look with a smooth center panel and it maintains the sequentials.
20210914_172436.jpg
I have a set of those on my '15 also, took the plunge when one of the vendors had a big sale on them. I wasn't sure about them at first, but now I prefer them to the originals, sleek and smooth and much easier to clean but keeps the tri-bar look.

Sponsored

DaveB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 gt350, 16 gt/cs (wife)
Vehicle Showcase
I threw the Morimotos on my 2020 Magnetic HPP. I figured for $200 and being brand knew I'd give them a shot. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Screenshot_20211129-130801_Drive.jpg

That one actually doesn't look too bad! I generally don't like them

Gearjunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium PP 5.0 MT82
My buddy offered me this same set for nothing he had on his 2016 mustang GT. This was my first time seeing the tail lights when he showed them to me standing in his garage. I thought they were so ugly having them on my 2021 race red GT, I left them with him. Even the white euro sequential taillights on our GT’s, tjeir not for my tastes but again, some love every piece of Chrome they can find to put on their pickup trucks haha.

#1ford

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt premium convertble antimatter blue
Vehicle Showcase
đź‘Ž NO for me !!!
Sponsored