Gt6guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350
Good morning.
Looking for some experts to chime in. Got very lucky that a previous buyer backed out on this car. Ford Performance called me last week and offered it to me. Really great experience.
Now looking for some history.
I believe the car was a marketing car that the school obtained. Then at some point was turned into a race car. The School mechanic I talked to did not have alot of details. Does anyone on here have any insite on this car.

20221125_070934.jpg

20221125_070944.jpg

20221124_182647.jpg

20221124_174548.jpg

20221124_182728.jpg
Sponsored

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
Good on you man! Glad to know it went to a forum member.
Were you one of the 3-4 Fred’s that ended up at the GT350 TrackAttack in March of 2021?

OP
OP

Gt6guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350
Yes that was me.

barstowpo

Witness Protection Prog
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT350 Tech/Track hybrid, 2016 FPRS Car#17
Could this car have been used for the Ford GT350 Track Tour? If I remember there were several PP cars in use and I think I rode in a black R. This was May 5, 2016 at Buttonwillow in CA but I know the tour went to multiple tracks across the country.

IMG_0112.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP

Gt6guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350
Could be it. I have been watching old reviews from 2015 and 16. Seems to be a non stripe black R in some of them.

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
Hey Fred -

Congratulations on scoring PP0004!!! I'm very glad to learn that someone active on this forum was able to give it a new home. It's also great that you're into establishing it's provenance. All GT350s, especially R models, are special; this one even more so.

I'm sure you already have a plan for gathering information on it, but here are a few random thoughts from a guy who has #14 of FPRS's GT350 Track Attack program cars and who once bought a non-titled, but VIN'd school car from Bondurant.

Pull a CarFax - it may open the door to some info on the car's pre-FPRS past and is worth the few bucks.

Cozy up to your favorite service writer at a Ford dealership and get a copy of the full OASIS report - not just the summary. The Mule's report ran fifteen pages and gave tons of great info on the car's past. It's likely that Larry Miller Ford in Salt Lake City did some work on the car at some point, as FPRS seemed to let them handle the heavy lifting.

Reach out to Watson Racing. They had a hand in the prep of many of the FPRS program cars and since PP0004 has one of their full cages, it's likely the car spent a fair amount of time with Watson at some point.

Ask Tommy R if he can provide you with some sort of a "certificate of authenticity", such as the one all of the GT350 Track Attack buyers got. I got a PDF version of mine and had a large foamboard poster of it made for display in my shop.

From what I heard, that car and a couple other FPRS race cars were used by lots of their instructors to run NASA events and even things like the 25 hours of Thunderhill. This would lead me to look for a few things related to it's race history -
  • Logbook - it's likely the car has a NASA logbook, which may have lots of cool info.
  • Event History - Find out what region it ran in primarily and see if you can get entry info and race results
  • Drivers - FPRS has hotshoes serving as instructors, including guests that rotate through the program. The event history and logbook, you should be able to learn who drove the car and when.
Finally, not sure if you're interested in getting a title for PP0004, but since the car has a VIN, that is possible (unless you've signed a contract with FPRS that precludes you from doing so). I've been through the process of obtaining a title for a car a few times and will PM you with more info - we can discuss if you're interested. It could be as easy as doing a "bonded" title, where you get a bond from your insurance agent or, contacting someone at Ford if it was titled by them at some point earlier in it's life (as was the case with my Bondurant car).

Again, congratulations and best of luck with your new treasure.

OP
OP

Gt6guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350
Thank you for this information. It helps a ton. I did find the log book in the car. Shows the original NASA inspection and roll cage stamp in 2018. No race entries.
Will reach out to the school this week to ask a few questions. Need a little info on car and feeding of the car.
And... how to open trunk.😅 all the mechanisms are gone. Cant find a cable.

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Re trunk - peer in through the hole for the back-up cam and see if the release cable is somewhere in that area. GT350 race cars usually have it poking out through that opening.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
My wife was able to attend the track tour in Sebring back then - She was able to drive a 350R before I was..in fact, I didn't drive one until I took delivery of my car.

I believe this was the black car that she got a ride in. She was extra excited, as black is her favorite color and it just worked out that way.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Gt6guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350
Re trunk - peer in through the hole for the back-up cam and see if the release cable is somewhere in that area. GT350 race cars usually have it poking out through that opening.
I will look again. Have not seen anything there. The camera is still in the hole. Trunk button and license plate lights are gone.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
If you'd like a set of CF wheels..I know a guy :)

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Noticed in one of the pics above that you have at least one key fob. Will the 2x function work to open the trunk?

Not sure from earlier reply whether it's just the external switch and license plate lights that are gone or if the electric trunk release latch is disconnected / gone, as well.

OP
OP

Gt6guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350
Noticed in one of the pics above that you have at least one key fob. Will the 2x function work to open the trunk?

Not sure from earlier reply whether it's just the external switch and license plate lights that are gone or if the electric trunk release latch is disconnected / gone, as well.
The Fob doesnt do anything. The dash button is not wired. Cant see any mechanism through the trunk release hole. Will keep trying today
Sponsored