Sponsored

Gt350r front splitter question

Widowmaker09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350
On a stock 2017 gt350 if I'm to add the gt350r front splitter will it be functional with the gt350 stock springs ride height? Will I have to purchase ford performance lowering springs or gt350r springs? What's the difference between the three? Sorry if this was asked already but I've been searching for days but couldn't find a solid answer.
Sponsored

Zeus79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Gt350
The springs on the R are stiffer the shocks are calibrated differently than the non R. With that being said the R splitter and the R wing work together. I’ve heard if you put an R splitter and. It chenge to an R wing it can throw off the downforce. Remember the splitter wing springs and shocks all have to work in harmony if that makes sense.

HR213

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R Grabber Blue, black roof
On a stock 2017 gt350 if I'm to add the gt350r front splitter will it be functional with the gt350 stock springs ride height? Will I have to purchase ford performance lowering springs or gt350r springs? What's the difference between the three? Sorry if this was asked already but I've been searching for days but couldn't find a solid answer.
Looks like your local to a good number of 350 owners. We have swapped out splitter's, springs, sways, camber plates etc.

The following seams to have positive results on the track:

Ford Performance front and rear springs
Ford Performance front and rear sway bars
GT350R front splitter or APR equivalent
GT350R replica rear spoiler or APR equivalent

Maximum Motorsports or Vorshlag Camber Plates

FP Alignment as a starting point. More camber is needed.

Get a couple sets of ZL1 Add on's splitter guards. I'm running 3 packs on my R as the Ridge Motorsports Park can grind it down in areas.

Set of lightweight wheels in either R staggered sizes or 19x11 et50 305/30 then running spacers up front with longer studs.

We have a shop and lift if you need assistance.

OP
OP

Widowmaker09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350
Oh cool ok, what about the magneride would that need to be recalibrated after this is done?

rushca01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Oxford White OTT
Looks like your local to a good number of 350 owners. We have swapped out splitter's, springs, sways, camber plates etc.

The following seams to have positive results on the track:

Ford Performance front and rear springs
Ford Performance front and rear sway bars
GT350R front splitter or APR equivalent
GT350R replica rear spoiler or APR equivalent

Maximum Motorsports or Vorshlag Camber Plates

FP Alignment as a starting point. More camber is needed.

Get a couple sets of ZL1 Add on's splitter guards. I'm running 3 packs on my R as the Ridge Motorsports Park can grind it down in areas.

Set of lightweight wheels in either R staggered sizes or 19x11 et50 305/30 then running spacers up front with longer studs.

Fantastic write up and advice!

I have installed FP springs and sways, Vorshlag plates, forgeline GS1R, and 305/30/19!

Sponsored

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853

The wife, “We need to move.”
Me, “I hear Washington state is nice.” :lol:

OP, looks like you’re in good hands! Happy Modding :thumbsup: