Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Gt350R
How many of you, have installed your own front splitter and

how did you do it,

I mean ............

I was wondering if I should tackle installing my front splitter by raising

the front of my ShelbyR with jack stands, or is it better and also much easier to

just bring it to a friends garage and install it while on a lift ..... cheers...:cheers:
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Reference my hr361 thread as well as Steve16s "check your splitter install" sticky

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
And watch the video - it's really easy.

I've installed a couple and about to do the one on my new car, too.

A lift makes it easier, as it does with lots of things. You'll need to pull a few of the push-pins from the lower front edge of the wheel well liners and get your arm inside, so if you have it on a two-post lift, it'll be even easier if you pull the front wheels. But, that's not a requirement, just makes things a bit easier.

Next Phase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mopar
I've taken my splitter off and re-installed a couple of times... the stories on the interweb make it sound more intimidating than it is.

If you have any mechanical aptitude, you'll do just fine. Having a lift makes it a lot easier versus working off your back. Easier to see if you have the tabs fully seated.

My only advice is to man handle the splitter and use some force, don't be afraid...it isn't fragile.

OP
OP

1Bad_ShelbyR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Gt350R
Well I guess I’ll be installing it on a lift then and giving it

a few good smacks, once I find the time ....... thanks to all who shared their

front splitter installs .......... :cheers:

jlauth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
The one tip i have is that you have to hit it a bit harder than you expect with your rubber mallet to get it fully seated. Not like a full swing...but definetly more that the little taps i was starting with.

My splitter was installed incorrect and I think the reason is becuse they are a bit hard to seat all the way in. A couple good pops with the rubber mallet or a dead blow across the splitter got it seated
Sponsored