Sponsored

GT350 vs C6Z

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Ah snap you are right, the c6 z06 z07 is clearly the best car ever made since its 4th fastest around a really small track. I don't even know why anyone would buy any other car. Why did Chevy ever stop making that thing?? They should stop c7 production and bring back that beast.

How old am I? I'm old enough to know that bench racing via lap times of one track with various conditons is absolutely pointless.
You dodged the question though...
Sponsored

Nac79

NAC15GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange Ford Mustang GT with PP
Leave him be Sasuketr! We all have our preference. He is clearly not a C6 fan and that's alright with me. Nothing personal! I hope when he is driving his stock GT350 or GT350R or C7 Z51, that he doesn't come across a stock C6Z or C6 ZR on the track or strip. But, He is right, I don't care about creature comforts in a performance car!

I pose the question on some of the Corvette forum I belong to, and to my surprise, no one would trade their Corvettes for a GT350. There was one person who sold his C6 Z and got a GT500. He then sold it and got back into a C6 Z. More race car, I think he said. Zero interest by ZR owners in getting a GT350 or a C7 z51. Most said maybe the C7 ZO6, but they would add it to the stable. Some actually went from C6 Z to a C5 Z for the rawness of it, but that was the minority. Most upgraded to the C6 Z and plans to upgrade to the C7.....Z!

Either way, enjoy what you can afford or make you happy! OP, either choice is a good one, I just lean more to the LS7!

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I pose the question on some of the Corvette forum I belong to, and to my surprise, no one would trade their Corvettes for a GT350. !
Someone get the local news reporter on the phone because this is a truly shocking revelation

Go ask the e92 boys there interest in the C63 or S4/RS4s .

And lets not even talk about the geriatric vette owners who can't drive a proper manual and/or drive a vert.

You dodged the question though...
Its a completely irrelevant question, the more relevant questions is how old are these guys who are seriously engaged in a full on bout of bench racing based on posted internet lap times. :lol:

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Its a completely irrelevant question, the more relevant questions is how old are these guys who are seriously engaged in a full on bout of bench racing based on posted internet lap times. :lol:
The one you keep debating with has his PhD, too. Go figure:D:ford:

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB PP GT w/ RECARO's & ITR swapped '94 hatch
Holy shit, I think some of you need another hobby. There is no objective answer to this silly debate. I hesitate every time I see a new post here. "Do I really want to open this thread right now?" lol. And yet I still get suckered in. There is a trade off from one to the other, whether it be looks, sounds, price, ride comfort, and the list goes on... They are both awesome machines and I would be thrilled to own either one, I just like the GT350 a little more for the looks and the high red line. Sure on paper its not as good but idgaf. lol

Sponsored

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Holy shit, I think some of you need another hobby. There is no objective answer to this silly debate. I hesitate every time I see a new post here. "Do I really want to open this thread right now?" lol. And yet I still get suckered in. There is a trade off from one to the other, whether it be looks, sounds, price, ride comfort, and the list goes on... They are both awesome machines and I would be thrilled to own either one, I just like the GT350 a little more for the looks and the high red line. Sure on paper its not as good but idgaf. lol
On paper performance is all that matters bro! :headbonk::headbonk:

Guard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid Red GT500 CFTP
This isn't frustrating, Since it's a car site about the worst you have to deal with are fanboys who still read and introduce a few accurate objective numbers. You just need to deal with their subjective opinions. Frustrating is my 60 something neighbor who owned a 67 Camaro SS 396 who will claim to anyone listening that it was so much better and faster than this "new junk". Since he's my neighbor I've always just nodded and noted that they were indeed nice cars at the time and collector pieces now... till last weekend when I was washing the Mustang and he wandered over. We made some small talk then he stated he would like to have the ole' Camaro back because he thought he could take the Mustang. I asked if he thought his wife's 2015 Camry V6 could outrun the Mustang? Him - Hell no! Me (with no smile) - I would stand a much better chance against the Camaro than the Camry, though neither would concern me. Him - (with incredulous look) Boy, I'm going home to get you a cold beer, the sun has baked your brain!

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
:ninja:

Seems someone is not interesting in admitting the C7 out handles the C6.. and that moAr horsepower isn't what the Corvette lacks.

Also admit-tingly, that same someone does not understand that a magneride GT350 with 526/429 and revving to 8,250 rpms on CF wheels is a new kind of beast on American soil. Same person does not understand the premiss if a track car.

The C6 has no answer for the GT350, even used at $50k.

Nac79

NAC15GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange Ford Mustang GT with PP

Seems someone is not interesting in admitting the C7 out handles the C6.. and that moAr horsepower isn't what the Corvette lacks.

Also admit-tingly, that same someone does not understand that a magneride GT350 with 526/429 and revving to 8,250 rpms on CF wheels is a new kind of beast on American soil. Same person does not understand the premiss if a track car.

That made me laugh and throw up a little! Waiving the GT350 banner much! Wow! The arrogance! How does an newly released car automatically beat a car with a track record and racing history... Read C5.R and C6.R and has been in numerous magazines and top drivers choice car. Motor tend & Road & Track even pick the Carbon Zo6 over the ZR1 as the best C6! The ZO6 has been and still is the darling of America's performance car! Followed closely by the Viper/Hellcat, Boss 302/GT500, and Z28! Stiff competition!

Buy what you want, but this getting out of hand. Enjoy the Shelby! It's a great car, unproven, but I guess you name it the baddest American track car :crazy:

By the way, most if not of us, own a 2015 GT. Mine happen to be a Performance pack, so I'm completely aware of what 89 more horsepower and 29 more torque would do to my car plus the additional suspension goodies of the Shelby. However, I have first hand experience jumping out of the GT and into the C5Z to know the GT/PP is close but not close enough to outperform my 13 year old car on the street or on the track. So, I have my doubts about GT350 taken down the almighty ZO6. Just like the Boss (non LS) could not take down a C6 GS.

I'm not partial to Ford or Chevy, because I now have owned two Mustangs and one Corvette. I also owned an E46 M3 for a while. It was a great, but not faster than the C5 Z.

I hope the GT350 surpass the C6 Z, that would be a great accomplishment. A pony car beating a sports car, esp. one fine tuned by GM for the track. But, let's not get ahead of ourselves and give away awards to cars that haven't earned it. That's what fanboys do!

How about prove it against the Z28 than step up to a Corvette! Plus, GT40 was suppose to compete with Vette, but I can buy each generation Z for one GT40. Can't what to see what happens when they bring back suppose mid engine ZR1. That would be very cool!

Mr. C7, my personal preference is still the C6 ZO6 for the thousand time. I'm done! Last one for me! :frusty:

Sponsored

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
That made me laugh and throw up a little! Waiving the GT350 banner much! Wow! The arrogance! How does an newly released car automatically beat a car with a track record and racing history... Read C5.R and C6.R and has been in numerous magazines and top drivers choice car. Motor tend & Road & Track even pick the Carbon Zo6 over the ZR1 as the best C6! The ZO6 has been and still is the darling of America's performance car! Followed closely by the Viper/Hellcat, Boss 302/GT500, and Z28! Stiff competition!

Buy what you want, but this getting out of hand. Enjoy the Shelby! It's a great car, unproven, but I guess you name it the baddest American track car :crazy:

By the way, most if not of us, own a 2015 GT. Mine happen to be a Performance pack, so I'm completely aware of what 89 more horsepower and 29 more torque would do to my car plus the additional suspension goodies of the Shelby. However, I have first hand experience jumping out of the GT and into the C5Z to know the GT/PP is close but not close enough to outperform my 13 year old car on the street or on the track. So, I have my doubts about GT350 taken down the almighty ZO6. Just like the Boss (non LS) could not take down a C6 GS.

I'm not partial to Ford or Chevy, because I now have owned two Mustangs and one Corvette. I also owned an E46 M3 for a while. It was a great, but not faster than the C5 Z.

I hope the GT350 surpass the C6 Z, that would be a great accomplishment. A pony car beating a sports car, esp. one fine tuned by GM for the track. But, let's not get ahead of ourselves and give away awards to cars that haven't earned it. That's what fanboys do!

How about prove it against the Z28 than step up to a Corvette! Plus, GT40 was suppose to compete with Vette, but I can buy each generation Z for one GT40. Can't what to see what happens when they bring back suppose mid engine ZR1. That would be very cool!

Mr. C7, my personal preference is still the C6 ZO6 for the thousand time. I'm done! Last one for me! :frusty:
:barf:Don't forget the barf smile next time!

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)

Learn this rule of thumb: C6 < C7
After that, nearly everything else can be solved for X.

Then understand, that the GT350 has more in common with the Z51 Stingray, than your own Mustang GT. If you do not understand this, then no amount of remedial mathematics will help.

You do not share the magneride suspension that reads the road thousands of times per second, nor do you have the same engine. The performance of Your car is pointless to this conversation.

Additionally, the Mustang is no longer a PONY car. At no time in the past, would I (or others) ever have considered a Mustang. Now I am cross shopping one with a BMW M2 and a Vette.

You can have your C6 Z06.. because the C7 Z06 illustrates the rule of thumb from above^.

I am quite sure the GT350 will prove itself more than competent at $55k. So much so, that I believe it will nearly mirror the C7 Z51 in all regards.

And btw, the Z28 wears clown shoes. Throw them on an M4 and run it around the ring..

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I'm glad ford stepped up and finally decided to throw a set of cheater tires on the gt350...would have been nice to have the track pack come with the sport cups as well. I don't think a lot of the bench racers in here know how much an advantage the vetted have with their tires alone.

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
The one you keep debating with has his PhD, too. Go figure:D:ford:
Todd,

Honestly you know arguing here is silly and stupid but also fun, seriously though when comparing a regular c6 to c7 is totally different than the zo6 version of c6! Even if you go to the corvette forums you can see what real corvette owners are talking about!

I really don't understand why is it hard to admit the old gen track pack zo6 is faster than the new gen regular c7? We put that on the side, how in the world a 3130 lbs 505 hp track pack car is going to loose to a gt350, which can barely beat a z28 on the track! Either you have to be a super fan boy to believe in such a thing or you are seriously not using the brain of yours! How hard is it to slap someone back to reality!

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP

I suggest you to go to the thread of gtpp vs zo6! That zo6 is a fifth gen not even sixth, with only 400 hp! After seeing that thread and the video there, sit down and let the reality settle in slowly but surely!
Sponsored