GT350 Intake Dyno..ENJOY!

OP
OP

sandeale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
actually they worked quite well with the exception of the 2500-4000 rpm range, you will see the differences in the tune I sent you. (both intake and exhaust OP VCT)

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
actually they worked quite well with the exception of the 2500-4000 rpm range, you will see the differences in the tune I sent you. (both intake and exhaust OP VCT)
Right where the GT350 needs the most help and the stock intake does not so I'm not surprised. Did you send me your newest tune yet?

Sponsored

Lonmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10spd Base
Looks like we're pretty close. My numbers are on e85 but also SAE instead of STD. Who will break 460whp first? :cheers:

OP
OP

sandeale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
Heres to hoping you do first, as i dont plan on using e85...until some station nearby starts carrying it again..good luck

dev1360

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 S550
This is awesome discussion. When it comes to tuning, coyote forums keep their info close to the chest like it's some type of vodoo magic. It's unfortunate and annoying. Nice to see solid info and helping instead of always fighting to be ahead. Also nice to see others get away from the email tuning and dive in.

I'm fortunate to have a friend that is a good tuner, and a genius. He tunes my car. I am always searching for good discussions like this to bounce stuff off of him. We like seeing how far we can take this. We have hours and hours of logging and at least 8 hours of dyno time invested in different changes. So far it has netted me a 119.8 trap with headers, PMAS and E85. He's taking it soon to DD it for a while and play with VCT some more as if it were his own car lol. Cobra Jet will be my next project for him to play with.

Lonmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10spd Base
Good choice. I feel like for a max NA build, thats the way to go right now. I kinda wished I had gone that route since mine is a weekend toy and not a daily. Thinking about changing but want to get more feedback on drivability with the CJ and big tb. I would love to make 460-470whp before doing cams. Makes me hopeful that 500whp is doable with cams without headwork.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Hi there

Just thinking out loud, my cold start touchiness Lund say they cannot change the fuelling because then when it goes to closed loop it would be a lean mixture and as such they feel there is nothing they can do.

But what came to mind is it is whilst the car is in open loop that it runs not so nice and as soon as it goes into closed loop it runs great.

I believe closed loop enables based of 02 sensor temperature of around 65c.

Could one lower the enabled closed loop temperature to reduce the amount of time the car is open loop and if so what is a safe enable closed loop 02 sensor temperature?

Sponsored

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Hi there

Just thinking out loud, my cold start touchiness Lund say they cannot change the fuelling because then when it goes to closed loop it would be a lean mixture and as such they feel there is nothing they can do.

But what came to mind is it is whilst the car is in open loop that it runs not so nice and as soon as it goes into closed loop it runs great.

I believe closed loop enables based of 02 sensor temperature of around 65c.

Could one lower the enabled closed loop temperature to reduce the amount of time the car is open loop and if so what is a safe enable closed loop 02 sensor temperature?
I lowered mine about 10* F. Fuel base cold can be leaned out to 1.00 lambda sooner vs ECT which might help as well. Cold cam angles also seem to cause odd cold driving behavior.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
Ah, yes, 1.00 lambda...for fuel base cold, sooner rather than later...not bad.

dev1360

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 S550
I lowered mine about 10* F. Fuel base cold can be leaned out to 1.00 lambda sooner vs ECT which might help as well. Cold cam angles also seem to cause odd cold driving behavior.

My car when it was bone stock and brand new ran funky when cold. Surging quite a bit at part throttle. Always figured it was VCT stuff.

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
My car when it was bone stock and brand new ran funky when cold. Surging quite a bit at part throttle. Always figured it was VCT stuff.
It's such a pain to tune them too because they and the IMRCs are so tied together you have to get both right for it to make a positive change.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
My car stock too did this and let me explain how it got better and worse with modifications.

Stock: Slight touchy throttle but you could drive around it easily.
Stock with SCT 93 tune: Was the same!
Stock with JDM tune: Silky smooth when cold, so clearly JDM know something.
PMAS with JDM tune: Throttle was very touchy cold and still a little when warm.
PMAS with Lund tune: Improved but still not great.
PMAS with revised Lund tune: They tweaked fuelling which smoothed out the PMAS a lot but it was still not so great but fine once warm.
GT350 IM with stock TB: Drove like stock when cold though throttle was ever so slightly touchier, putting that down to the extra horsepower on tap.
GT 350 IM with 350 TB: Cold driving is jerkier than stock car and throttle is more touchier, you have to be super smooth with gas pedal and press it ever so slightly or otherwise the car wants to accelerate quick but splutters and taing your foot off causes it to buck, so normally heavier throttle cures it which is not ideal on a cold engine. Once into closed loop mode car drives much better and when fully upto temperatures it is silky smooth.

Lund reset cold fuelling, throttle tables, drive by wire back to stock and yes this has helped, though its still not a pleasant experience on cold start open loop driving.

But if I can get it any smoother by maybe enabling closed loop sooner if safe along with anything else when cold it would be nice as its a daily and so having to think so hard on how much I press the gas pedal hurts my head, lol. :D
Sponsored