Amsoil has a GT350 cartridge filter.
Sponsored

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Amsoil has a GT350 cartridge filter.
I'm sure the Amsoil filter is top notch, but it's hard for a $20 premium filter to compete with the equivalent $6 Motorcraft FL-2062, even if it's marked up by 150%.

sox3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350 Performance Blue
Thought they changed that to FL 2087? That's what I use.

M.A.N.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ranger 2018 F-150 2014 GT500
I have no interest in working in MI or for any automotive company as mismanaged as all of Detroit is and has been for decades.
Ford already admitted they let a bad batch(s) of valves go thru. They apparently didn't black-ball every motor built up from those parts and it would seem blithely sent them out as replacements knowing full well their failure rate was expected to be outside the norm.

And if I was an engine designer I wouldn't be so STUPID as to attempt a long-stroke flat-plane engine without the necessary balancer shafts. Arguing with physics is dumb. You will never win.

Will GM fail as spectacularly with their Z06 engine? I'm guessing no, if for no other reason they don't need the stab in the PR eye that high engine failure rates would incur, but they seemingly have a better caliber of engineer than Ford - or their bean counters/managers aren't so powerful as to neuter the engineering goodness to the same degree.

You can have the best damn engineers but if you scrimp on QA, on materials, on testing it's all for naught.
You think GM has good QC, that's funny, you should talk with my brother sometime. He's been
a mechanic at GM dealer for the last 25 years or so, and some of the crap he tells me makes
Ford look like a genius. Just a few days ago I was in the shop with him and he had a new truck
working on it. 115 miles #2 cyl valve spring broke, changed it and the next week it was back at
185 miles and #7 cyl spring broke. As other has said, Ford is not the only one.

Sponsored

nordique14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Magnetic Gray (J1601)
You think GM has good QC, that's funny, you should talk with my brother sometime. He's been
a mechanic at GM dealer for the last 25 years or so, and some of the crap he tells me makes
Ford look like a genius. Just a few days ago I was in the shop with him and he had a new truck
working on it. 115 miles #2 cyl valve spring broke, changed it and the next week it was back at
185 miles and #7 cyl spring broke. As other has said, Ford is not the only one.
Someone earlier mentioned that it is not an about if the cars has issues. A car model can have a systematic issue or a specific car can have its own unique issue. It happens across all manufacturers. The difference is how they deal with it. I think we can agree that Ford and its dealerships are not tops in that area.

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
yep. And 2087 ain’t $6.
You're right - the 2062's obsolete, replaced by the 2087. I just didn't see the point in dragging that into the discussion - it was far enough off-topic as it was. Not only that, Amsoil doesn't have a replacement for the 2087, so it was a moot point in any case :)

Huckfin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350, 2012 GT Premium Convert
My eyes were opened after the first engine failure when I found that it cost $30K to replace the Ford POS engine. When the 2nd POS engine went 253 miles later I gave up and went to an attorney. Without charging me he guided me how to get Ford to buy it back which is what I was able to do, but it took over two months and the law only requires Ford to repay certain expenses, not everything I invested in the car. I lost over $10K on a car that I owned for a total of 2,442 miles and never took over 6,000 rpm under moderate throttle because I never got any of the three engines properly broke in. I've been a Ford guy all my life, until now. Never again.

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
What happened after your unfortunate situation?
the tow truck came and took it to the dealership, gave me a free rental truck for 45 days (f150) and the crate engine (long block) came in from michigan and the tech swapped it out.

Sponsored

Rocketman

Keep it stupid, stupid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PPPPPPP
My eyes were opened after the first engine failure when I found that it cost $30K to replace the Ford POS engine. When the 2nd POS engine went 253 miles later I gave up and went to an attorney. Without charging me he guided me how to get Ford to buy it back which is what I was able to do, but it took over two months and the law only requires Ford to repay certain expenses, not everything I invested in the car. I lost over $10K on a car that I owned for a total of 2,442 miles and never took over 6,000 rpm under moderate throttle because I never got any of the three engines properly broke in. I've been a Ford guy all my life, until now. Never again.
As someone looking to buy a 19-20 GT350, this scares the shit out of me.

Does the faulty valve issue affect all 2020's?

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
As someone looking to buy a 19-20 GT350, this scares the shit out of me.

Does the faulty valve issue affect all 2020's?
Every single one.

SplawnDarts

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Convertible, 2013 Nissan Frontier
I firmly believe that a blown 5.0 is more reliable than any vintage of Voodoo. The concept of the GT350 is very appealing, but they can't keep them alive and that makes the cost of ownership insane due to depreciation.