Sponsored

Mustang GT Premium vs Mustang GT PP1

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
PP1 is not sold with staggered wheels. PP2 level is where they are found. Over all there is a huge difference between the 2, even steeper from the GT Premium platform.

PP2 is an outstanding ride.
Yeah it does even tire rack has a front tire and rear tire size for pp1.

beetle6986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 04 Cobra, 2008 BMW 335
Hes got traction issues now I dont. IM also tuned. I mean once we get up to a higher speed and rpm yeah he can pull away. I wouldn't exactly call it leaving me in the dust though. But off the line yeah hes not going anywhere any faster. More HP does not always equate to a faster car.

just like my other bud with a 15gt with super charger. he could get me off the line big time but with distance i could real him in. its all in the car set up and balance not always pure HP
Then he should get some decent tires to resolve his traction issues.

I don’t know how you pull around supercharged cars the should be trapping 125+ with only a tune. It’s a night and day difference before and after adding a blower

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Well we will leave it up to you to tell her then !

Not something I actually worry about, no need to ask for her permission. Married but not ruled. :thumbsup:

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Wouldnt it be a lot less hassle to just buy the Shelby
And you get a lot more HP

Exactly right, cost is less in the end, $$$ & time wise. And to add more reliable, parts by design match & work together.

It's all good to build & modify. What some miss is the forethought needed to mix & match parts.

Takes more than a pipe dream, web page, and go fast parts. To make things happen, just the way it is.

RalphK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
PP1 is not sold with staggered wheels. PP2 level is where they are found. Over all there is a huge difference between the 2, even steeper from the GT Premium platform.

And that is why I bought my wife a PP2:like:

CorvZ061

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
I'll add my two cents after having had my 2020 PP1 car for a little while now.

PP1 is worth getting for someone planning on driving spiritedly. The brakes are nice, the torsen diff is great, but the 3.73's with the manual just makes it fun day to day.

My car is a 301A pack, so not a premium, but I still have the big screen, dual zone climate control, and toggle switches. I specifically looked for this package because I'm just not a fan of leather, but I also didn't want the base screen and all the buttons and no drive modes.

A very good friend of mine has a 2018 GT premium non PP car and the ride quality is very different, his car feels floaty compared to mine when driven back to back, in the mountains the base car understeers a lot sooner than the PP1 car. His car is a manual as well, but he has the base 3.55 gears and it's just enough to make the car feel less playful around town, cars still fast no doubt, but higher speed per gear.

In short, you have to decide what you want to do with the car, if it's purely a daily driver a non PP car would be fine, but if you're looking for something you plan driving spiritedly the PP1 is the way to go. The PP1 does have draw backs, it's not a track package at all, so it's really limited to fun street driving, canyon carving etc.

Sponsored

Linkster1666

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Link
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Orange Fury PP1 A10 401A 3:55
Vehicle Showcase

I um, have a PP1 car with a staggered setup so....

NotQuiteAverageJoe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS
Wouldnt it be a lot less hassle to just buy the Shelby
And you get a lot more HP

Some people prefer to customize and build the car they want it, and there really isn't anything like saying you did it yourself. I personally almost didn't buy a Mustang for the simple reason that they are literally everywhere. The other thing is that some people can't afford or wouldn't want a Shelby as a daily driver. I personally couldn't afford a 2020 Shelby and this car will be my daily for 10 years. I can add performance/cosmetics as I get some free money (bonuses/tax return, etc.) but didn't blow my budget and found a number the wife was comfortable with. Now I still have a happy wife and a badass but somewhat unique car that I can make my own.
Sponsored