Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Saying the rattle isn't consistent. How much more consistent do you want? This engine can recreate the sound, without fail, by anyone who hears it. That's consistent. The sound also is rhytmic and steady, which is consistent. The only sound that isn't consistent is the bbq tick.
What I mean by consistent is consistent along a broad RPM range. The rattle can only be heard at one specific RPM point, which makes it fairly inconsistent. The tick can be consistently heard anywhere from idle-1700RPM, and the GT350 rattle can be consistently heard anywhere from idle-3000RPM. The fact that the rattle can only be heard at one specific RPM shows that it's more likely to be something like the DI pump, which would come on at a certain RPM or throttle input (as the DI in these cars is only for high load scenarios). If it were piston slap, it would be heard consistently through the RPM range (if you go to the thread about the BBQ tick TSB, a couple guys have posted videos of their cars that were diagnosed with piston slap, and it sounds WAY different from the rattle)

I'll reiterate this again. PISTON SLAP DOES NOT, AND USUALLY DOES NOT, CAUSE DAMAGE.
The EXPERIENCED members have made this a point time and time again that the bbq tick has NO proof of causing failure, the rattle has.
Here's another issue with your stance... you keep contradicting yourself over and over again. First, it's "the rattle is piston slap", then it's "piston slap doesn't cause damage", then it's "the rattle has been proven to cause failure"... which one is it, bud? You're all over the place on this one

EDIT: OP mentions the tick, the original person quoted mentions piston slap; so I had that wrong
Exactly. No one here mentioned a rattle until you came along. I was simply debunking what someone said about the BBQ tick being piston slap
Sponsored

OP
OP

XxShadexX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium, 2014 YZF-R6
Hey guys, I see a lots gone on since I last checked in lol. it seems a lot of what the conversation revolved around was resale value. Maybe its just my youthful ignorance, but that's honestly the last concern of mine, I expect to keep my car for a very long time. Outside of reliability issues that my general understanding was follow your emotions unless your planning to track the vehicle. tracking is something I will probably attempt, especially as my brother is intent on bragging how his old Pontiac is faster than any vehicle ford can put out, but probably not something I'm going to be focused on.

So last Thursday, despite having internally made up my mind about buying a 350, decided on a whim to go check out the local dealer that had the GT optioned as I liked. Honestly the moment I laid eyes on the car I fell for it, even more so when I sat inside of it. the car is Velocity Blue with white striping. the interior has the Midnight Blue stitching as well as all the options I mentioned earlier, and the nickel plated wheels on the car really matched the colorway. knowing that it was incredibly rare to find a pp1 with Magneride, and seeing other people coming in and hovering around the car I kind of jerked and threw down a deposit. I picked it up this past Monday, and aside from the snowy Tuesday I've been in the car as much as possible, definitely have no regrets about my decision, and learning manual in a car has been a lot of fun. I'm still hoping to get to try a 350 someday, but as it is I cant think I'd step out of it thinking my GT was a mistake. For now I just cant wait for the break in period to pass!

I attatched some photos and a simplified window sticker if anyone was interested in seeing it
DSC00117.JPG
DSC00119.JPG
IMG_20190214_031128.jpg

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
Wow, pretty nice. I like the color and the wheels.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats! Super jealous of those wheels! Enjoy the car, and don't even think about the GT350... once you have your GT for a while, getting in a GT350 won't feel all that different, and you won't have any regrets in not getting one :cheers:

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Love the colour, stripe looks cool, good choice with 6 spd - although prefer the black wheels and the GT350 spoiler.

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Hey guys, I see a lots gone on since I last checked in lol. it seems a lot of what the conversation revolved around was resale value. Maybe its just my youthful ignorance, but that's honestly the last concern of mine, I expect to keep my car for a very long time.
As long as you know yourself and can swing the occasional finance years, that seems to be a very good psychological place to be. No matter how many candles belong on your birthday cake (even after they won't all fit there).

With a little luck, your PP1 might even be able to get a GT350 for a stablemate.

Norm

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Enjoy your new toy.

Love those wheels, if I were in the market for a new one they'd be the ones I'd get. :like:

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Nice! That thing is loaded with practically every option. My '18 GT Premium is an A10, PP1, MagneRide, & Safe and smart. I have the ebony 19" PP1 wheels instead of the nickel ones. I preferred the GT style black wheels. Congrats on the new ride!! It has a bit of the GT350 vibe going with the stripes, too.

Sponsored
OP
OP

XxShadexX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium, 2014 YZF-R6
Nice! That thing is loaded with practically every option. My '18 GT Premium is an A10, PP1, MagneRide, & Safe and smart. I have the ebony 19" PP1 wheels instead of the nickel ones. I preferred the GT style black wheels. Congrats on the new ride!! It has a bit of the GT350 vibe going with the stripes, too.
Yeah I got lucky with the find, and its why the price came close to the 350 I was looking at. I'd usually agree on black wheels, I really had my heart set on the PP1 wheels actually, but these nickel ones won me over! I would never of thought to look twice at them with their representation on Ford's "build it" website.

I have to say I'm loving it more everyday, and I feel really fortunate to have it. I found out the day after I put a deposit down the man who originally ordered of the car (long story there, but it was a custom order car that fell through) attempted to buy it again, and reading In the forum it looks like I got the car the OP of the magneride national hold thread was looking to buy! Guess its a small world that waits for no one, definitely glad I didn't hesitate. Thanks for the compliments guys!

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
Oh, he might be mad at you.

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
OP, if I were you, I'd be more concerned about GT350 engines guzzling oil. I read on here today one
member's car was using a quart of oil in 350 miles.

I had a '17 Harley that did this, so in order to get away from this problem, I traded and got an '18.
Guess what. The '18 did it as well.(finally, I fixed it myself) Aggravating to say the least.

I would read up on the oil use problem of the Shelby on this forum; (and remember it isn't a problem Ford can fix
like a loose bolt or a broken part)
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.