Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Not well versed eh?

https://www.montrosefordakron.com/new/Ford/2019-Ford-Mustang-ffd767e90a0e0a1774a0ee91cbb37107.htm

Heres literally the first PP2 I pulled up. And it's a new 2019. If you added the auto trans (god help you) youd still be below 45k on this deal.
"the first PP2"

and there's your problem. You're not doing any actual research. That's a complete base model with PP2 being the ONLY option. If you were, you'd understand that you can't even get a PP2 as an automatic.

But ultimately, you still ignore the fact that you can get low mile GT350s for even less than that PP2 you posted. So no, it's not about what you can or can't afford, and a Shelby is not any sort of luxury item
Sponsored

foxcoupefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT4

PhillyShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
K
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow black GT350
"the first PP2"

and there's your problem. You're not doing any actual research. That's a complete base model with PP2 being the ONLY option. If you were, you'd understand that you can't even get a PP2 as an automatic.

But ultimately, you still ignore the fact that you can get low mile GT350s for even less than that PP2 you posted. So no, it's not about what you can or can't afford, and a Shelby is not any sort of luxury item
Now you're comparing a used gt350 to a new PP2 ? :headbang:
A severely optioned out PP2:

upload_2019-3-6_13-29-32.png

upload_2019-3-6_13-29-52.png

upload_2019-3-6_13-30-30.png

A not so scary PP2:

upload_2019-3-6_13-26-34.png
Thank you. And if you pay 49k msrp for that you got hustled!

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Now you're comparing a used gt350 to a new PP2 ? :headbang:
I'm not comparing them, I'm saying that the cars mentioned can be had for close to the same price. But even without factoring in any used cars, you're still wrong. A base PP2 has almost as little place in this conversation as a used GT350. Here, this is a PP1 without CF interior package ($2k option), special color ($600 option), or Safe and Smart ($1500 option). So yes, GTs can easily be optioned into the Shelby price range, and your car isn't anything special, pretty much anyone here could afford it. sorry
PP1.PNG

Thank you. And if you pay 49k msrp for that you got hustled!
Funny, I've seen many say the same thing about Shelby cars... "whoever would pay that much for just a Mustang is getting hustled"... best part is, they're usually quite uneducated on the cars, so it's fitting here

PhillyShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
K
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow black GT350
I'm not comparing them, I'm saying that the cars mentioned can be had for close to the same price. But even without factoring in any used cars, you're still wrong. A base PP2 has almost as little place in this conversation as a used GT350. Here, this is a PP1 without CF interior package ($2k option), special color ($600 option), or Safe and Smart ($1500 option). So yes, GTs can easily be optioned into the Shelby price range, and your car isn't anything special, pretty much anyone here could afford it. sorry
PP1.PNG

Funny, I've seen many say the same thing about Shelby cars... "whoever would pay that much for just a Mustang is getting hustled"... best part is, they're usually quite uneducated on the cars, so it's fitting here
Lol. From what I understand your average mustang GT will run anywhere from 25 to 15 grand cheaper than a compatible GT350 model year. Mustang GTs dont sell for msrp, it's a high production vehicle.

Anyone here can afford a 60 grand car??? :crazy:

Sponsored

foxcoupefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT4
Yeah, not sure how this thread turned in to a price war. A nicely equipped GT of any sort should be 10 to 20k less than a 350. Ford dealers can get more for certain cars.

When buying my PP2, 90% of the dealers wouldn't budge on the MSRP except maybe a rebate or so. I was surprised. I ended up with a smoking deal eventually without working too hard.

First I was shopping for a GT350. Every dealer I chatted with but one would go under MSRP on in stock 350s, however orders they were not quite as easy to work with. The dealer I bought my PP2 from would have done 1500 back of MSRP and added whatever a regular GT rebate was offered at the time. That was pretty good.

I did find one dealer that had a GT350R they would surprisingly do at a discount since I have bought five F150s from them. Since I was paying cash, it was just more than I wanted to spend. I still kick myself a little as it is a bad ride for sure.

All such great cars for sure. Mustang ownerhship is a cool culture and I am pleased to be a part of it. My 8th Mustang btw.

PhillyShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
K
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow black GT350
Thank you!
I feel like I'm beating my head against the wall.

Yeah, not sure how this thread turned in to a price war. A nicely equipped GT of any sort should be 10 to 20k less than a 350. Ford dealers can get more for certain cars.

When buying my PP2, 90% of the dealers wouldn't budge on the MSRP except maybe a rebate or so. I was surprised. I ended up with a smoking deal eventually without working too hard.

First I was shopping for a GT350. Every dealer I chatted with but one would go under MSRP on in stock 350s, however orders they were not quite as easy to work with. The dealer I bought my PP2 from would have done 1500 back of MSRP and added whatever a regular GT rebate was offered at the time. That was pretty good.

I did find one dealer that had a GT350R they would surprisingly do at a discount since I have bought five F150s from them. Since I was paying cash, it was just more than I wanted to spend. I still kick myself a little as it is a bad ride for sure.

All such great cars. Such a cool culture and I would never give anyone shit about buying either as it's a brother/sisterhood for sure.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
From what I understand
And there's your key phrase. You're not arguing facts anymore, you're arguing what you feel and trying to pass it off as facts to try and seem better than anyone else.

And that, ladies and gentleman, is the aforementioned Shelby owner attitude

Bottom line is, you couldn't afford an R, so you must be poor

PhillyShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
K
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow black GT350
And there's your key phrase. You're not arguing facts anymore, you're arguing what you feel and trying to pass it off as facts to try and seem better than anyone else.

And that, ladies and gentleman, is the aforementioned Shelby owner attitude

Bottom line is, you couldn't afford an R, so you must be poor
I'll go take my poor ass back to the shelby forums. Clearly you're upset about something, if you want a shelby, keep working hard and you'll have the money eventually! Trust me it's worth it!

foxcoupefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT4
Anyone here can afford a 60 grand car??? :crazy:
That's what financing is for. I think you would be surprised how many people can qualify for a 60, 70, 80k car purchase. Like I mentioned in an earlier post, there are a lot of people on here that are making 800, 900, 1200 dollar a month payments and living in a dump or an apartment to have a cool car. Nothing wrong with that as we live in the greatest country in the world. I couldn't imagine having a new Mustang of any sort and a shit house or garage, let alone live in an apartment but whatever blows your hair back, right? Everyone is different and people should do what makes them happy within reason.

Of course there are caveats to that. If you are in the military and moving around a lot. I wouldn't expect that particular person to have some bad ass garage to house their new Mustang.

foxcoupefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT4
BTW, rates are not good enough from any bank right not NOT to pay cash for a 60k vehicle. It would be silly to finance a new Shelby. IMHO, if you can't afford to pay cash for it, you shouldn't be buying it. But that is for another discussion.

I will happily buy a beer for any Shelby owner's when I see you at an open track event! I would love to hear what a Shelby owner thinks of my PP2 on the track once it's done! ( I lie, my cars are never done).
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.