Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
If only a Mustang could have an interior this nice....
And as small and cramped?

I am 6'2 250. The Mustang fits me. The Supra doesn't
Sponsored

Grey03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Raptor, 2021 BMW M340i
My wife has one, I drive it all the time. Great cars.
173CC255-56B2-48EA-AE70-54E243E4E2B4.jpeg

OP
OP
CCIWDO

CCIWDO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
My wife has one, I drive it all the time. Great cars.
173CC255-56B2-48EA-AE70-54E243E4E2B4.jpeg
Well. If I had a GT500 I wouldnā€™t have traded it in lol. Those were a little outside of my price range. Beautiful pair of cars!

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
And as small and cramped?

I am 6'2 250. The Mustang fits me. The Supra doesn't
Did I say as small and cramped? No, I said as nice. The fit and finish is better, the material better, the sound insulation better.

Sponsored

s3ltz3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' GT
Bye. You made a great choice.

This is what happens when a manufacturer, Ford, offers a current subpar product, and another manufacturer, Toyota, offers a better product.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

This is what happens when a manufacturer, Ford, offers a current subpar product, and another manufacturer, Toyota, offers a better product.
You misspelled BMWā€¦

Very little of that car is Toyota (at least the parts that matter)

noac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs

[/QUOTE
I love Fords. I guess you say I bleed blue. I am sure that their are vehicles out their that are ā€betterā€ than a comparable Ford product. I would rather drive a Ford than anything else. I grew up with Fords. I attend the Ford Nationals every year and look forward to seeing my fellow blue oval enthusiasts friends up there. I have been buying Mustangs new and used for the last 29.5 years. I am a veteran, and come from a family with a proud history of service to our country. I canā€™t imagine trading in a Mustang, an American legend, on a Toyota. Even if the Toyota was a better deal, better performer, better everything. Times have changed, but I still believe in buying American. I try to support Union Workers, as I myself am a Union worker.

Einstein_nikola

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sir Galahad
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Honestly the 3.0 Supra is an amazing, Simple ECU tune and dps e85 mix your around 550hp, enough to gap Cammed FBO 10speeds , when I was 93oct low psi 7 on my Ess setuo, I was Neck to neck with my friends Supra and hes still stock turbo, thats extremely impressive.

spankybranch

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Geoffrey
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST, 2019 Edge ST, 2022 Mach1
I cross-shopped the Supra, itā€™s a really nice platform with a lot of aftermarket support. I have not driven the manual version but I heard the gearing is better than the auto. Enjoy!

Sponsored

Prowl647

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I did the same thing----

17 GT350 to 23 Manual Supra A91 (+6k in markup). Beautiful car and turned heads everywhere it went.

Spent $$$ trying to get it to sound like anything other than quiet in the cabin. Thought I had it figured out with the AA DP but it threw codes on the two brand new units I did get. Maybe it was the 23s? I also tried out two different exhausts (ETS which sounded killer but the drone was murder on the ear drums, and HKS which was meh) to make it sound better but alas, came to the conclusion that a V8 is what was right for me. Granted the MACH1 isn't nearly as nimble as the supra it sure is a hell of a lot more visceral.

The shifter in the supra is nice and not as vague or lackluster as any of the BMW shifters before it. Hope you like it! That 45th anniversary looks sharp

I do miss the interior which was very comfortable despite the visibility which I did not have any issues with.

Here is the ets:

Last edited:

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
You misspelled BMWā€¦

Very little of that car is Toyota (at least the parts that matter)
They were able to stick on that ugly Toyota steering wheel. First thing I would do is get a new steering wheel. Cool car though and fast but I could never get over the sound.....

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I would have missed the V8 sound 25 years ago. But, being hearing impaired now has some advantages. My Z4 could sound like a 2 stroke weed wacker and I'd hardly notice. :sunglasses:

OP
OP
CCIWDO

CCIWDO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1

[/QUOTE
I love Fords. I guess you say I bleed blue. I am sure that their are vehicles out their that are ā€betterā€ than a comparable Ford product. I would rather drive a Ford than anything else. I grew up with Fords. I attend the Ford Nationals every year and look forward to seeing my fellow blue oval enthusiasts friends up there. I have been buying Mustangs new and used for the last 29.5 years. I am a veteran, and come from a family with a proud history of service to our country. I canā€™t imagine trading in a Mustang, an American legend, on a Toyota. Even if the Toyota was a better deal, better performer, better everything. Times have changed, but I still believe in buying American. I try to support Union Workers, as I myself am a Union worker.
I understand the pride in American products. Im an Active Duty Marine with 22yrs of service so I can confidently say I am biased towards America. I try and buy all American made products. Sometimes itā€™s just hard to not get something a little nicer. Iā€™m willing to pay more for an American product if itā€™s good. Not saying the mustang wasnā€™t good. The 10r80 for me was meh. And the MT82 is trash. The Tremec is the way to go, but not all of us can buy GT350s.

Either way. Iā€™m curious to see how this new car holds up once the newlywed phase is over

P.S. Thank you for your service. I genuinely mean that. What branch did you serve in and when? Maybe we chewed some of the same dirt

noac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
The MT82 isnā€™t ideal. I have owned several and actually have never had an issue. The gearing is wide ratio 18+ which is good if FI. I served 96-02 in the USN. Went all over the world. Had a tremendous experience and was stationed East Coast/West Coast/Yokuska, Japan. Thanks for your continued service as well. Enjoy the new ride and come on back to a Mach 1 next time. They are tremendous deal now with values tanking and a Tremec to boot.
Sponsored