Goodbye Guys

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Seriously right?! I swear it seems like some people view this as some treasonous act towards the US. If it makes anyone feel better. EVERY other car I own is from an American company. Just wanted to own a different car that I really thought looked nice. Sheesh
American companies are just a name. They use many foreign parts and build cars in Canada and Mexico. Most of the cars BMW and Toyota sell here are built here.
Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
Everytime a zealot pounds their chest and insists on buying American for the sake of America, Chevy pounds out a Vega and an executive laughs all the way to the bank. Buy the best product in a competitive environment and you get cars like the S550 Mustang and the Supra, both great cars. I don't bother whinning about repairs, I'm a professional so they all just look like a machine to me.

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Datsun wagon, '92 240SX, '08 Evo, '20 Mustang GT
American companies are just a name. They use many foreign parts and build cars in Canada and Mexico. Most of the cars BMW and Toyota sell here are built here.
Most Accords are from Ohio, many Camrys from Kentucky, Tundras from Texas, Nissans from Tennessee, Kias from Georgia...

I like that my Mustang was assembled in the USA. There are still some Honda products that have a higher percentage of American content.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Seriously right?! I swear it seems like some people view this as some treasonous act towards the US. If it makes anyone feel better. EVERY other car I own is from an American company. Just wanted to own a different car that I really thought looked nice. Sheesh
Sometimes it’s better to keep certain decisions off forums. But like we used to say in my old business, bad decisions make great stories. Enjoy whatever decision you make and don’t worry about what others think. Just have fun and enjoy the ride.

Sponsored

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Most Accords are from Ohio, many Camrys from Kentucky, Tundras from Texas, Nissans from Tennessee, Kias from Georgia...

I like that my Mustang was assembled in the USA. There are still some Honda products that have a higher percentage of American content.
Thanks, I had forgotten about all those other brands.