Gone but not forgotten

Velocityblue5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabe
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT
Like the title says boys, had to sell the mustang yesterday. Didn’t want to but it was the right financial move. Been looking for a Used Mach 1 and if current trends turn out to be correct, we’re in for a pretty good influx of used cars, repos and inventory from wholesellers. Selling the car yesterday gives me more capital to hang on to while we wait for increased volumes of used cars to lower current market prices. According to some market experts many people are going to be unable to trade in due to being upside down on loans. That in turn should should worry dealers who will be unable to push cars like that had been in the past. She’ll be missed, but not forgotten. In the meantime I’ll have some parts available for sale listed pretty soon if anyone is interested. I.e. SCT BDX( Married), Texas Speed Headers (off-road) MBRP race catback Exhaust w bottle neck resonator to cancel drone.

IMG_8158.jpeg

IMG_8164.jpeg

IMG_8038.jpeg

EDCB73FE-318E-4702-8ABD-EF987CD4588B.jpeg
Sponsored

CR151S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Blake
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT PP M6
Like the title says boys, had to sell the mustang yesterday. Didn’t want to but it was the right financial move. Been looking for a Used Mach 1 and if current trends turn out to be correct, we’re in for a pretty good influx of used cars, repos and inventory from wholesellers. Selling the car yesterday gives me more capital to hang on to while we wait for increased volumes of used cars to lower current market prices. According to some market experts many people are going to be unable to trade in due to being upside down on loans. That in turn should should worry dealers who will be unable to push cars like that had been in the past. She’ll be missed, but not forgotten. In the meantime I’ll have some parts available for sale listed pretty soon if anyone is interested. I.e. SCT BDX( Married), Texas Speed Headers (off-road) MBRP race catback Exhaust w bottle neck resonator to cancel drone.

IMG_8158.jpeg

IMG_8164.jpeg

IMG_8038.jpeg

EDCB73FE-318E-4702-8ABD-EF987CD4588B.jpeg
Bummer but smart move!

Too bad I don’t see a short throw listed :(

sirben711

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Ecoboost 10R80 w/ FP Tune
As a selfish person,I hope you are right about a future influx of used car inventory. I would love to pick up a second car - a convertible preferably (Mustang or MX5)

Sponsored

OP
OP
Velocityblue5oh

Velocityblue5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabe
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT
As a selfish person,I hope you are right about a future influx of used car inventory. I would love to pick up a second car - a convertible preferably (Mustang or MX5)
You should checkout these guys then, they talk car market 24/7. Both owned car dealerships in the past! Good content.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
A bird in the hand is better than an eagle in the sky.

RoGCobraRV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
There could be an influx of used cars driving down prices, but that interest rate payment is going the opposite direction.

Good luck on your search

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
I‘d be sure to pack a lunch while waiting for the influx of nice and cheap Mach 1s.

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
I think its unrealistic thinking prices will drop much if any. Its rare to see prices drop on anything once they get up higher. Oh sure inflation is falling but that just means things aren't increasing as much. The last thing I'm going to do is take financial advise from some so called has been dealers on Youtube. Didn't click on it to give the idiots any more clicks.

OP I hope you are right and it gets you what you want. I'm happy with what I have and am hanging on to it.

Sponsored

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
I'm seeing a lot of Mustangs pop up on FB Marketplace. These look to be distressed sales as people are like "Only $438 bi-weekly. 1 owner, call this number" (and it's not a dealership). People got in over their heads with those super low-interest rates and bought the new house, the new car, trips, all that fun stuff. That caused inflation to soar. Now when their mortgage comes due they need to sell their $900 CAD a month sports car/toy/whatever so that they can afford food and shelter because that is an extra $500-$1000 a month mortgage on the million dollar home they bought.

What I am not seeing is really any shift in price yet. As more Mustangs come on the market from financially distressed sellers it may change a bit (they will lower prices to compete) however it won't change drastically.

Unfortunately, Human Greed is a factor. "I want to get out of it what I put into it at the very least".

junits15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I think its unrealistic thinking prices will drop much if any. Its rare to see prices drop on anything once they get up higher. Oh sure inflation is falling but that just means things aren't increasing as much. The last thing I'm going to do is take financial advise from some so called has been dealers on Youtube. Didn't click on it to give the idiots any more clicks.

OP I hope you are right and it gets you what you want. I'm happy with what I have and am hanging on to it.
Cars are the exception to this, cars are depreciating assets so they basically never go up in value. Even special editions rarely go up in value they just go down slower.

Car's don't follow normal market rules, they always depreciate except for very rare and specific circumstances.

OP if you want a Mach 1 at a lower price this is the move, but I can't imagine selling my car yet.
Sponsored