Sponsored

Not worried but seems weird...

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Was shut off. Not understanding the question about where I touched it to lock it.
I had asked where you touched the handle to un-lock it. See post #13.

Not sure if the car is smart enough to unlock when it's locked with a FOB already recognized inside the car, and a 2nd FOB then shows up in range.
Sponsored

Last edited:

NYDP77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Mustang Stage 3
Vehicle Showcase
I find the fob in my pocket has to be right next to the door handle to open. I think I would not want it to open if I locked it from the outside even if a second set was inside, say you just have the second set laying in the car I wouldn't want anyone to come by and open it. IMO.

Draklia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I’m hopeful that somebody will sue the bajesus out of Ford when they cannot get into their vehicle as fast as old technology allowed. Say someone is running from an attacker and now their electronic door handle glitches out and the person cannot get into the car. I know I’ve had some frustrating moments trying to get my door to unlock.

mc68386

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
I’m hopeful that somebody will sue the bajesus out of Ford when they cannot get into their vehicle as fast as old technology allowed. Say someone is running from an attacker and now their electronic door handle glitches out and the person cannot get into the car. I know I’ve had some frustrating moments trying to get my door to unlock.
Ford would probably advise you to sue the attacker.

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
I was having issues with mine , changed the battery's in the rke fob . That seemed to help a lot .

Sponsored

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I’ll be dang. I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks. I had no idea I didn’t need to even use the remote buttons if I have the fob on me. It automatically unlocks and then you use your thumb to lock once you shut the door. I’m an idiot lol
I learned how it unlocks only because I heard it one time as I came next to the car with the fob in my pocket. As for locking it without the fob, I just learned that here, too. Haha.

aleccolin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.CarClubVT.com
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Last weekend, I got out of my 2016 GT and touch locked the doors. My wife was sitting in the passenger seat. When I returned, the door would not unlock when I grabbed the handle. After grabbing it several times with no luck, my wife unlocked the doors from inside before I went for my fob. I got in but when I closed the door the horn started blaring until I pushed the start button. My wife did have her fob in her purse.

If normal, I'm not understanding Ford's logic for the behavior.
idk man but I have an extra security package of some kind on my car. bought the car used. it drives me insane sometimes. i go to get in the car and ill lock on its own right after i hit the unlock button. i think it's b/c of the way i touched the door handle when i went to get in. last night I went to wipe down the car in the garage and the horn starts blaring and alarm going off and my keys were in my coat pocket inside the house on my dresser. sometimes it'll beep twice when I get in before I start it, other times it does not. i don't get it. i miss the days of you push the button to lock it and it locks. u push the button to unlock it and it unlocks. that's it. oh and when im wiping down the doors it goes nuts. constantly tries to lock itself over and over and unlocks if i have the fob in my pocket which i have to in case the alarm starts going off.
I've had something similar. On my lunch break I typically take a quick nap in my car. Twice now, upon waking and opening the door, the alarm starting blaring and refused to turn off until I hit the start button of the car. No inputs from the fob would stop it. I didn't lock the car, arm the alarm, and I had the fob on me. Fortunately it has only happened twice, because it's embarrassing.

Maybe things just get confused, as said above.
All three of these sound like it could be a bad BCM. Mine would blow the horn (sometimes intermittent, sometimes constant), pop the trunk lid, flash the hazards, shut off the engine, basically go full batshit possessed. Replacement BCM and reprogram fixed it. Also fixed the intermittent reverse light/camera inop that I had - all tied back to the BCM.

Between the BCM issue (which required having my car towed to the dealer, TWICE) and the A/C condenser lunching itself after just 6000 miles, I'm buying an extended warranty from Flood.
Sponsored