K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Any other BS you‘d like debunked?
Like SK47 just pointed out, we in the USA have not had or needed rolling blackouts before this green BS started.

1st world countries have 24/7 reliable power.

We will run out of silver and other "green" necessities long before we will run out of oil.
Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; Some pages ago I posted links about the resource needs of England in lite of the proposed change to their grids and the move to "green" energy sources.
The gist of the links was that in order to meet the demand for a few particular resource items the entire worlds production fora few years would be needed just to satisfy England's demand. Seems Burkey missed that information. Just in case Burkey, Gregs or jtmat cannot connect the dots, that means there is not enough of some materials to make the agendas time goals.
Point being at the rate the "green" energy advocates want to do away with fossil fuels there will be shortages of critical resources.

To the what is available question. To get most materials we have to mine them. An ore deposit is rarely, if ever, pure. We have found and mined much of the high yield ores and in some cases have been going after more and more low yield ores. To get a pound of pure material many tones of rock or other overburden must be moved. Then in the ore itself there may only be fractions of an ounce of the mineral in a ton of ore.

An example of this gleaning of such a resource was the tar sands of Canada. To get the oil from the sands was considered a terrible thing for the environment. Huge amounts of the oil sand had to be moved and processed to retrieve the oil. Many protests about the environmental damage were made.
Now the table seems to be turned and it will be OK to go after the low yield materials needed for "green" energy or the batteries of EV's. That moving the many tones of overburden to get at the low yield ores is fine when you are saving the planet from Co2.

Some may recall the back and forth Burkey and i had a while back about the huge amount of Co2 emissions released during the manufacture and installation of a single wind turbine. My point being the right now real time Co2 emissions from that is being put into the atmosphere currently. Those extra emissions will linger in the atmosphere for many decades. So according to Burkey it is OK to put a huge bloom of Co2 into the air now because the wind farms will make "cleaner " electricity.
There is a second leg to this concerning the "carbon debt" of the old power plants being torn down, but that can be saved for another time.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Kakhovka HPP cannot be repaired (msn.com)

Hello; War is an environmental disaster by its nature. The day to day use of resources to destroy built up infrastructure is well known. This particular bit of destruction is also a strike against green energy. Who know when or even if that green hydro dam will be replaced.

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Burkey it is OK to put a huge bloom of Co2 into the air now because the wind farms will make "cleaner " electricity.
SK you just don't get it. You see any energy from oil is BAD, M'kay BAD. Any energy from green things is GOOD.

Now it should all be clear and we can all go to bed happy, even though the power went out and it is 94F and 98% humidity, but greeeennnn.

Who know when or even if that green hydro dam will be replaced.
You have to know Hydro is not GREEN, unless a beaver damns the river. So in this case they did us a favor by getting rid of that unnatural abomination. Now we can replace it with actual GREEN power production. You know 200 square miles of solar panels and miles upon miles of windmills. Ahhhhh the utopia I can sleep easy tonight.

Dang it, the power just went out AGAIN! good thing I plugged in my car........

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Like SK47 just pointed out, we in the USA have not had or needed rolling blackouts before this green BS started.

1st world countries have 24/7 reliable power.

We will run out of silver and other "green" necessities long before we will run out of oil.
Sooo, because your grid is struggling, it MUST be the fault of renewable energy? In other news, ice cream sales go up in warmer months, which means that the consumption of ice cream must cause the sun to get hotter….

Do you have any idea whatsoever just how far behind the US is in renewables, when compared to most 1st world countries? Ever wondered why they aren’t having these problems?

Seems to me that if the outages are due to a lack of supply, the obvious solution is to generate more power….

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Sooo, because your grid is struggling, it MUST be the fault of renewable energy? In other news, ice cream sales go up in warmer months, which means that the consumption of ice cream must cause the sun to get hotter….

Do you have any idea whatsoever just how far behind the US is in renewables, when compared to most 1st world countries? Ever wondered why they aren’t having these problems?

Seems to me that if the outages are due to a lack of supply, the obvious solution is to generate more power….
Plus of course the cheapest way to generate electricity is renewables such as solar and wind.

tripleyellowmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 3xyellow EBPP

Yes, China s taking your advice as we speak. I think you may be on to something. :like:

“China permitted more coal power plants last year than any time in the last seven years, according to a new report released this week. It's the equivalent of about two new coal power plants per week.”

"’Everybody else is moving away from coal and China seems to be stepping on the gas,‘she says.’We saw that China has six times as much plants starting construction as the rest of the world combined.’"

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Thank the green-energy cult for major blackouts this summer (msn.com)

“We had a warm-up (chill-down?) for this crisis last winter, when many places experienced rolling blackouts due to inadequate power supplies in the face of cold temperatures that were not, in fact, unusually cold.”

“My own area in Knoxville, Tenn., saw temperatures in the single digits, which are not that unusual but which power-company hacks called “unprecedented.””

“Knoxville’s lowest temperature was 24 below, back in 1985, and they managed to keep the lights on for that.”

But that was before the Tennessee Valley Authority started shutting down coal, nuclear and gas plants.”

Hello; I see you do not get an important point yet again. Last winter in my area which includes Knoxville TN we had a cold spell for a few days near the end of December. Got down to near zero F at times. Had some rolling blackouts for the first time ever due to generating capacity.

For the several decades of my life in the area there were many winters with longer cold spells and at even colder temperatures. The grid did cope back then. We had plenty of generating capacity. The power might have gone out due to lines being knocked down but not for lack of generating capacity.

In other words, we had the generating capacity long before the renewables agendas came along. We have not yet run out of coal, nor oil nor natural gas so there likely is some other reason for reduced capacity.

Tearing down working and reliable power plants because of a "save the planet" agenda has consequences. Replacing those with power generation (green) that does not have the capacity has consequences. Increasing the demand for electric power by trying to make it replace the energy in millions of gallons of gasoline/diesel has consequences.

Burkey's spin machine is still at work along with his anti-USA stance.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Yes, China s taking your advice as we speak. I think you may be on to something. :like:

“China permitted more coal power plants last year than any time in the last seven years, according to a new report released this week. It's the equivalent of about two new coal power plants per week.”

"’Everybody else is moving away from coal and China seems to be stepping on the gas,‘she says.’We saw that China has six times as much plants starting construction as the rest of the world combined.’"
Hello; the old rate I have been using was a new coal fired power plant every ten days. Guess I was way off. So now in 30 days they are putting into operation something like 8 (eight) new coal power plants instead of 3 (three).
Can't wait for Burkey to rationalize that. Will he try again to tell us how China is on the cutting edge of the "green agendas" because they are using that coal fired electricity to make solar panels and wind turbine parts?

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

Me: Most of the developed world has a higher concentration of RE than the US and they don’t seem to be struggling with blackouts.

You: China is installing coal plants.

Not sure how China installing coal plants disproves the idea that most of the other developed nations aren’t having the problems the US is having, despite their higher RE mix.

Non sequitur much?
Sponsored