Sponsored

GM fixing to pay out?

JCFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert, 3.15, A6, Magnetic
My ā€˜20 work Tahoe is going in tomorrow for valve train or cam issue at 65k miles. Itā€™s tapping and chirping. Other guys are having the same issues and transmission failures. Then Iā€™m told it may be down for up three weeks for parts. Thereā€™s no way Iā€™d buy a GM product.

Every Tahoe Iā€™ve had since 2012 has had major issues from engine mounts to transmission failures. This will be the first for major engine repairs. I donā€™t drive it hard. The only issue mine has is excessive idle time.

Last edited:

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
A coworker was a victim with his Silverado, major engine damage. Not a happy camper.

They all make turds. My '19 F150 is headed for the land of cam phaser failure and replacement at a whopping 17K miles. I'm not a happy camper either. I had hoped to keep this truck indefinitely, but as of right now I'm thinking of punting it once the powertrain warranty is up.

OP
OP

Strokercrate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 400a Black Accent.
A coworker was a victim with his Silverado, major engine damage. Not a happy camper.

They all make turds. My '19 F150 is headed for the land of cam phaser failure and replacement at a whopping 17K miles. I'm not a happy camper either. I had hoped to keep this truck indefinitely, but as of right now I'm thinking of punting it once the powertrain warranty is up.
Almost nothing is made to quality for longevity anymore. And it seems to be getting worse.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Almost nothing is made to quality for longevity anymore. And it seems to be getting worse.
I have to agree, and it's not just vehicles. Rampant cost cutting to appease the almighty shareholders....

My '04 F150 was an anvil, never one problem in the near nine years I owned it, just one very minor recall for the steering wheel clock spring. What a fool I was to get rid of it for the first of two Jeep Wranglers that were both complete reliability nightmares. Based on my '04 I had great expectations for the '19, but I don't have a warm fuzzy about future reliability at this point; the build quality definitely is worse than the '04.
Sponsored