Getting Tired - Spare Me

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Has anyone addressed the lack of a spare tire on the Mach1? I know that's pretty much the way most cars are sold today, but I would rather have a real tire than squirting some spoo into a flat tire to "repair it". Also, since the tires on the front and back don't match, how do you factor that into a real spare tire?
Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Well that's the rub with a staggered setup. Carry 2 spares ? Hardly. I just carry a tire plug kit in the glovebox. If something like the sidewall blows out, won't matter much haha.

OP
OP
hbash

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Well that's the rub with a staggered setup. Carry 2 spares ? Hardly. I just carry a tire plug kit in the glovebox. If something like the sidewall blows out, won't matter much haha.
I would think the sidewall blowout is a rarer occurrence and don't want to play tire repair boy and prefer to take it into have it evaluated or replaced.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I would think the sidewall blowout is a rarer occurrence and don't want to play tire repair boy and prefer to take it into have it evaluated or replaced.
Then fill it with the goop, carry 2 spares, get a tow truck, or call FORD roadside.

CarbonZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Someone is prob making a kit that has the spacer to allow the spare to work on the front or rear. Search around I'm sure someone is making one for the mach1. Automotive authority and a couple others sell em for most other models at least.

It was an issue for me as well in the Gt350 so got rid of the goo fill and put a spare in the trunk. Works for front or rear and fits in the tire well. Still keep a plug and mini compressor kit though. But spare is great for the oh crap situations.

Sponsored

Robert3487

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
The answers are pretty much what you're already thinking.

1. Carry 2 spares
  2. Fill with goo
  3. Repair it and plug it yourself on the side of the road
    1. Kit is about $25
    2. requires a tool to remove the screw/nail
    3. stick rubber into hole using the tool.
    4. cigarette lighter air compressor to fill it back up.
    5. take it to "tire repair boy" for a patch instead of a plug lol.
  4. Get AAA and wait 30-60 minutes for a tow

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
This for sure! I was worried but now I have a little "kit" I put together for a little money.

Battery air compressor that looks like a screw gun and can also run off the outlet in the car.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CTGM2LD/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_3?smid=A2JDD3IFLZ9FH0&psc=1

Tire plug kit.

https://www.amazon.com/Tire-Repair-Tools/b/ref=dp_bc_aui_C_4?ie=UTF8&node=15709141

Power bank to jump if needed. Mostly for other people so I don't have to tell them they can't hook cables to my car.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015TKUPIC/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_4?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

ACMEguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP 'M3162'
This for sure! I was worried but now I have a little "kit" I put together for a little money.

Battery air compressor that looks like a screw gun and can also run off the outlet in the car.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CTGM2LD/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_3?smid=A2JDD3IFLZ9FH0&psc=1

Tire plug kit.

https://www.amazon.com/Tire-Repair-Tools/b/ref=dp_bc_aui_C_4?ie=UTF8&node=15709141

Power bank to jump if needed. Mostly for other people so I don't have to tell them they can't hook cables to my car.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015TKUPIC/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_4?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1
AAA in the States, CAA in Canada... issue resolved...

Robert3487

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT

I've had AAA for 3-4 years up until recently. My commuter car broke down on the freeway in the middle of nowhere and when I spoke with them they said you cannot ride with the driver because of COVID. I said don't worrry about it, just cancel my membership and i'll call another tow company. The other tow company had no problem giving me a ride with my car. I had no idea how I was supposed to get home since I was still about 50 miles from my house. I have to call a tow truck AND an uber? lol

ACMEguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP 'M3162'
I've had AAA for 3-4 years up until recently. My commuter car broke down on the freeway in the middle of nowhere and when I spoke with them they said you cannot ride with the driver because of COVID. I said don't worrry about it, just cancel my membership and i'll call another tow company. The other tow company had no problem giving me a ride with my car. I had no idea how I was supposed to get home since I was still about 50 miles from my house. I have to call a tow truck AND an uber? lol
COVID... The NEW 'C-Word'...:shock:

Sponsored

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I'd rather not wait for someone else to come help me though. Plugging a tire doesn't even require it to come off most times. Pro tip: over inflate the tire just a little bit and the nail/screw comes out super easy. Plug, cut, and make sure tire is at proper psi. Done and done. I'm confident I can plug a tire long before someone I call can get to me.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; I was told the same thing back in January by AAA. I do not know the policy now that I am vaccinated.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
I'd rather not wait for someone else to come help me though. Plugging a tire doesn't even require it to come off most times. Pro tip: over inflate the tire just a little bit and the nail/screw comes out super easy. Plug, cut, and make sure tire is at proper psi. Done and done. I'm confident I can plug a tire long before someone I call can get to me.
Hello; I have managed to plug a tire on the car once. Heard a clicking as I drove. Pulled into a station and found a nail. Had the plug kit in the car ( I carry a kit in my vehicles all the time.) Had the nail out and the plug in before the tire got too low.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Hello; I have managed to plug a tire on the car once. Heard a clicking as I drove. Pulled into a station and found a nail. Had the plug kit in the car ( I carry a kit in my vehicles all the time.) Had the nail out and the plug in before the tire got too low.
And if you had a portable air compressor it wouldn't have been an issue at all
Sponsored