KKell83

KKell83

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenneth
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Here’s the car in action. Day video has the manifold and PBD tune, plus a Magnaflow TruX mid; the night one is with the Procharger tune, everything else stock but a Roush H pipe.

Sponsored

Nawsad123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bonez
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
As a fellow washington'ite without fuel you are pretty much stuck around the 600ish rwhp. Anything more and you will blow your motor. A different/bigger blower may work, but again, fuel would be your limitation. Ordering premium fuel is your best bet. Spent all that money on mods, def use them to their potential with e85

OP
OP
KKell83

KKell83

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenneth
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
As a fellow washington'ite without fuel you are pretty much stuck around the 600ish rwhp. Anything more and you will blow your motor. A different/bigger blower may work, but again, fuel would be your limitation. Ordering premium fuel is your best bet. Spent all that money on mods, def use them to their potential with e85
After looking harder, I think I found an E85 nearby, could be a game changer based on what everyone's stating above.

Last edited:
OP
OP
KKell83

KKell83

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenneth
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
So what's realistic power numbers for most FI cars on pump gas - perferbably 91/92 octane? Low 600s?

Now is this hp figure more towards lack of octane or because my current head unit is smaller (cfm wise) than most PD units currently on the market? At the time, I looked at the P1X to be a better 'centrifugal' option than Paxton's 2200 - but I could be wrong now... For the 2200 to be a larger unit it seemed like every dyno I watch the P1X made more power over the 2200 at the same boost level, plus the P1X could push more PSI; at the time the 2200's would break running anything more than 12+psi, so it seemed.

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Not my car, so do as you please, but I am not a fan of building a street car into something that requires fuel you can not roll into a station and pump into the vehicle. Rae/track 95% of the time vehicle sure, street with maybe a few track days/events. nope.
I would rather give up a little hp to be able to get in and drive anywhere with no worries or need to plan,research where I can go and still refuel. My opinion. we all have them and they all stink, so with that said. YMMV.

Sponsored

OP
OP
KKell83

KKell83

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenneth
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Not my car, so do as you please, but I am not a fan of building a street car into something that requires fuel you can not roll into a station and pump into the vehicle. Rae/track 95% of the time vehicle sure, street with maybe a few track days/events. nope.
I would rather give up a little hp to be able to get in and drive anywhere with no worries or need to plan,research where I can go and still refuel. My opinion. we all have them and they all stink, so with that said. YMMV.
I agree fully. It would be nice to pull into a gas station and just fill up. I am fine with pump and booster (I do it any how) so maybe I am just meant to be around 600hp.

P.S., I did find that E-85 station, it is 40 minutes away and $4.99 a gallon (err). I’ll have to think about it since I’d still have to dump $1500-2k for a fuel system and a new tune :/ but don't get my wrong the new founded power would be fun.

Last edited:

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
I agree fully. It would be nice to pull into a gas station and just fill up. I am fine with pump and booster (I do it any how) so maybe I am just meant to be around 600hp.

P.S., I did find that E-85 station, it is 40 minutes away and $4.99 a gallon (err). I’ll have to think about it since I’d still have to dump $1500-2k for a fuel system and a new tune :/ but don't get my wrong the new founded power would be fun.
Oh, More power is always fun, but you know what is better, being able to use it anytime, anywhere. e-85 isn't an option here, and I did the v/p cam 2 dance for a few decades. And most of the fuel burned wasn't wot runs. it was cruising around. Making the engines build that required such fuel a moot point. Rebuilt the engine to run 93 and lost3 tenths on the 1320. Before I sold it I was 1 tenth slower than my best pass with the race gas required engine. but 93 pump is a hell of a lot cheaper than cam2 fuel. so I drove the car a lot more.

comptech87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Eruption Green
I would switch out your head unit for the D1X. That will help and then you will be limited by fueling.

OP
OP
KKell83

KKell83

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenneth
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I would switch out your head unit for the D1X. That will help and then you will be limited by fueling.
I was thinking the same thing until I received a $2k quote from Procharger, moments ago.

comptech87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Eruption Green
Ouch! It’s only like a $420 additional charge when you buy the kit. That’s insane!

Sponsored

FUN2RIDEFAST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium/PP
Vehicle Showcase
Curious why your not satisfied with PBD ? They are one of the most respected tuners across the board from my research. I have no affiliation nor product or service from any of those you mentioned but wonder why not give PBD an opportunity to retune for whatever your new set up is going to be?

looks like good stuff but for $10+ per gallon the biggest advantage of E85 over high octane Dino juice pretty much goes away.
What does PBD charge for a tune? Somebody told me $900? That sounds steep. I'm one of many stuck with the Ngauge.

FUN2RIDEFAST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium/PP
Vehicle Showcase
So what's realistic power numbers for most FI cars on pump gas - perferbably 91/92 octane? Low 600s?

Now is this hp figure more towards lack of octane or because my current head unit is smaller (cfm wise) than most PD units currently on the market? At the time, I looked at the P1X to be a better 'centrifugal' option than Paxton's 2200 - but I could be wrong now... For the 2200 to be a larger unit it seemed like every dyno I watch the P1X made more power over the 2200 at the same boost level, plus the P1X could push more PSI; at the time the 2200's would break running anything more than 12+psi, so it seemed.
I'm getting 654 at the wheels with the Roush Phase 2 on 93 octane