Getting my GT350 in 2 weeks

Orange_voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Competition Orange
gonna be picking up my new GT350 Track Package in competition orange in 2-3 weeks. So excited:headbang: going to post pics when I have it. Do I have to break the motor in for like 400 miles before driving it hard?
Sponsored

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
I did, this topic has been beaten pretty badly, Ford recommends 100 miles of variety driving before a lot of WOT, and like 1k miles before you track. I did limited spirited driving with acceleration and compression breaking to try and seal rings. My belief is a defect is a defect, if you have one it will happen anyway. That said I also wanted to give her a little time to work the oil around. I changed mine at 600 and 1800 and will now go to 3k intervals.

mcgraw

Semper Fi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
You're going to love it! The manual recommends taking it easy for the first 100 miles, and avoiding the track for the first 1000.

MAV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I changed my original oil at 200 miles, and then drove and additional 800 before changing it again. My rings are still not fully seated, as it used about a half a quart in the 800 mile interval. Sometimes it does take a few thousand miles to get it properly broken in.

OP
OP

Orange_voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
I did, this topic has been beaten pretty badly, Ford recommends 100 miles of variety driving before a lot of WOT, and like 1k miles before you track. I did limited spirited driving with acceleration and compression breaking to try and seal rings. My belief is a defect is a defect, if you have one it will happen anyway. That said I also wanted to give her a little time to work the oil around. I changed mine at 600 and 1800 and will now go to 3k intervals.
Thank you. I´ll try to resist the temptation of flooring it in the first few hundred miles:D

Sponsored

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
It also comes with synthetic from the factory, first car I have not broken in first with Dyno oil. It might take longer just for that.

crazymayhem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB
Please let us know how the "Zulassung" (DMV registration & title) goes in Germany.... I might be going back home mid next year and my plan is to take a GT350 back with me....

Daniel

OP
OP

Orange_voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Please let us know how the "Zulassung" (DMV registration & title) goes in Germany.... I might be going back home mid next year and my plan is to take a GT350 back with me....

Daniel
I bought it from a dealer called Geiger cars. They do all the registration. I tried shipping one over from the US via my VISA where I would´ve saved the taxes but that didn´t work so I have to sell the other one now. :headbonk:

xt6wagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 base triple yellow
Mine really wanted that 100 miles. Not sure if its special programing or just needed to auto-tune the ECU to the actual conditions the car is seeing. Most cars I'd take to redline on occasion more often than I have, but wet weather and higher RPM is a bad plan even at part throttle. Also speed limits. Just make sure its warmed up.

crazymayhem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB
I bought it from a dealer called Geiger cars. They do all the registration. I tried shipping one over from the US via my VISA where I would´ve saved the taxes but that didn´t work so I have to sell the other one now. :headbonk:
Ouch... last I heard Geiger was at 80k Euro or so.... Just having the visa isnt enough, from what ive read it needs to be titled and insured in your name for at least 6 months to save the taxes when importing. Which is what im hoping to get in before going back... :headbang:

Sponsored

bdub85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Package Shadow Black
I was close to red-lining mine off the truck. I think the most important things are to avoid prolonged WOT and modulate the RPM's until 100 miles. I've broken in a bunch of high performance cars including ones with built engines this way, and I've never had one issue.

needspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Challenger Hellcat - Tored
Car has 3k on it since December in Iowa winter running like a bull. This is right off the truck with 5 miles. It's my life and I'll do what I want. Congrats on your gt350, enjoy the hell out of her and leave nothing left for the next guy!!!!!.....Steve

[ame]

OP
OP

Orange_voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Ouch... last I heard Geiger was at 80k Euro or so.... Just having the visa isnt enough, from what ive read it needs to be titled and insured in your name for at least 6 months to save the taxes when importing. Which is what im hoping to get in before going back... :headbang:
Yea it was around that sadly. I wanted to do the same with the visa and wait 6 month but I travelled back to Germany and my visa got cancelled somehow so I wasn´t able to do it anymore. :crazy:

OP
OP

Orange_voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
I was close to red-lining mine off the truck. I think the most important things are to avoid prolonged WOT and modulate the RPM's until 100 miles. I've broken in a bunch of high performance cars including ones with built engines this way, and I've never had one issue.
haha okay I probably will floor it out of the dealer lol

OP
OP

Orange_voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Car has 3k on it since December in Iowa winter running like a bull. This is right off the truck with 5 miles. It's my life and I'll do what I want. Congrats on your gt350, enjoy the hell out of her and leave nothing left for the next guy!!!!!.....Steve

Thanks I can´t wait. I´m looking forward to hooning it around the Nürburgring :headbang:
Sponsored