2 Weeks with the GT350

Meateater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
These have been the 2 greatest weeks of car ownership compared to all my other notable cars I have owned (Slammed Acura TL, E90 328i, E90 335i, 2016 STI, F80 M3). Hitting that engine start button followed by the exhaust button gives me the tingles. I developed a huge interest in these when one day I was heading home and saw an avalanche gray GT350 casually take off from a light. The sound of the exhaust made my ears rise and just seeing this thing roll.. I couldn't take my eyes off of it. I came home, pissed off my wife with the idea of buying one, busted out my laptop, headed to all the online car buying sites, and started my search. I quickly found how the price of these was shooting up and then found this forum. Made a post, learned a bunch of things, and then a forum member here (shout out @shogun32) pointed me at one particular 2018 GT350 that was within a reasonable range for me to check out. A few days after starting talks with the dealership, I ventured out to actually sit in one. I tried to keep my emotions in order and not buy on impulse after taking it out of the dealer lot. From every car buying experience, I have learned something new each time. This time, I walked away and gave myself the weekend to think about this purchase (and try to haggle of course). I couldn't get the car off my mind. I tossed and turned all night, I knew I needed to have this thing in my garage. I ventured out again, wrote a check, and bought the sucker.

Washed the car and did a quick shoot after some cars and covid (coffee). If you're on IG, check out my page if you wanna follow the car's adventures! @gt350asmr

5SEP20-GT350-5.jpg
5SEP20-GT350-6.jpg
5SEP20-GT350-8.jpg
5SEP20-GT350-11.jpg
5SEP20-GT350-12.jpg
Congrats! I was fortunate to find an Avalanche Grey model. Have fun and hit the track!

StrictlyJdN

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
350HEPR
These have been the 2 greatest weeks of car ownership compared to all my other notable cars I have owned (Slammed Acura TL, E90 328i, E90 335i, 2016 STI, F80 M3). Hitting that engine start button followed by the exhaust button gives me the tingles. I developed a huge interest in these when one day I was heading home and saw an avalanche gray GT350 casually take off from a light. The sound of the exhaust made my ears rise and just seeing this thing roll.. I couldn't take my eyes off of it. I came home, pissed off my wife with the idea of buying one, busted out my laptop, headed to all the online car buying sites, and started my search. I quickly found how the price of these was shooting up and then found this forum. Made a post, learned a bunch of things, and then a forum member here (shout out @shogun32) pointed me at one particular 2018 GT350 that was within a reasonable range for me to check out. A few days after starting talks with the dealership, I ventured out to actually sit in one. I tried to keep my emotions in order and not buy on impulse after taking it out of the dealer lot. From every car buying experience, I have learned something new each time. This time, I walked away and gave myself the weekend to think about this purchase (and try to haggle of course). I couldn't get the car off my mind. I tossed and turned all night, I knew I needed to have this thing in my garage. I ventured out again, wrote a check, and bought the sucker.

Washed the car and did a quick shoot after some cars and covid (coffee). If you're on IG, check out my page if you wanna follow the car's adventures! @gt350asmr

5SEP20-GT350-5.jpg
5SEP20-GT350-6.jpg
5SEP20-GT350-8.jpg
5SEP20-GT350-11.jpg
5SEP20-GT350-12.jpg
I know this feeling too well, Congrats!