Not open for further replies.

steve1107

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP 50AP
Anyone planning on trading their 15 for the gt350. I would consider it, but I used the 50 anniversary deal for my wife to approve of me getting the 15 instead of a c7.
Sponsored

Backorder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan...:-(
I really hope you are correct but how do you know how many will be built? Saying the number of GT350's built will be twice that of Boss302's is just speculation.

If we take the word of "production will be about what the gt500" and look at the 2007 numbers (10000) vs the boss numbers (~4000)...yes...but the last few years the gt500 has been around 5000 units and the boss (reg and LS) were about 4000 sooooo maybe a bit more but not double.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Anyone planning on trading their 15 for the gt350. I would consider it, but I used the 50 anniversary deal for my wife to approve of me getting the 15 instead of a c7.
Yes.

LindsayEOD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Any dealers here have any ideas? I'm not so sure dealers would know their allotments yet. Honestly, I think they are just seeing the calls come in and are now saying "let's start telling people we have markups". If these are going to have the same production run as the GT500, they shouldn't be hat hard to get a hold of. You might have to wait a couple months after they come out, but I think this is a prime example of dealers taking advantage of the flood of people now calling with interest since the order guides were leaked.

Please, any dealers seeing this, speak up...have you heard ANYTHING about allotments? I doubt it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For the most part, I agree with you. Most dealers are just taking deposits because they can. However, I have a good, almost friendship level relationship with my salesman who is their top salesman and has been doing this a while. If he tells me they are getting at least 3 GT350s, I believe him.

Backorder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan...:-(
For the most part, I agree with you. Most dealers are just taking deposits because they can. However, I have a good, almost friendship level relationship with my salesman who is their top salesman and has been doing this a while. If he tells me they are getting at least 3 GT350s, I believe him.

I can believe that. They know how much they typically get of the shelby models so I'm sure they have a good guesstimate. My problem comes with they can't be 100% sure (but if they usually get 10 per year then at least three should be a given), and raising the price without knowing what the car will even cost just because more people are showing interest...yes, capitalism...doesn't mean I have to like it lol I have a feeling it will be like the 2015 stang release, people were dieing to get theirs so much so they would skip the order they put in to pick one up at a nearby dealership because they got their allocations first. Once the initial group GTs their cars, the buzz will die down a bit and they should be easy to find. As much as I hate it, if I have to wait 3-6 months after launch to get the car...I will if it saves me a few G...hell on principle alone, I'll wait months and search the country for MSRP even if it costs me more to fly somewhere and pick up the car and drive it back, I'd rather give my money to an honest dealer that doesn't charge ADM than go to he dealer down the road and pay a markup...they will all be at MSRP not too long after release I'm sure.

Sponsored

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
I can believe that. They know how much they typically get of the shelby models so I'm sure they have a good guesstimate. My problem comes with they can't be 100% sure (but if they usually get 10 per year then at least three should be a given), and raising the price without knowing what the car will even cost just because more people are showing interest...yes, capitalism...doesn't mean I have to like it lol I have a feeling it will be like the 2015 stang release, people were dieing to get theirs so much so they would skip the order they put in to pick one up at a nearby dealership because they got their allocations first. Once the initial group GTs their cars, the buzz will die down a bit and they should be easy to find. As much as I hate it, if I have to wait 3-6 months after launch to get the car...I will if it saves me a few G...hell on principle alone, I'll wait months and search the country for MSRP even if it costs me more to fly somewhere and pick up the car and drive it back, I'd rather give my money to an honest dealer that doesn't charge ADM than go to he dealer down the road and pay a markup...they will all be at MSRP not too long after release I'm sure.
I don't think that I can be that patient. My wife's / family car will be paid off next month at which point I have the green light. If I don't get in at MSRP right in the beginning, I'll be looking elsewhere.

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
Guys..I have been dealing with Grapevine Ford, in Grapevine TX. They told me the GT 350 will be made available to ALL, but the "R" will be a limited production car, and will most likely have a "Market adjustment" on the price. Please keep in mind, this is not a HELL CAT, in which MOPAR had only limited Engines, which is the ONLY reason that car is not flooding the market right now. This GT 350, is not that hard to put together. I am NOT taking anything away from the car, because I love it and I'm going to get one...it just that ALL sports cars except the HELL CAT are being hugely discounted...as I posted earlier, the Nissan GTR (great car) is being discounted from 111K to 96K, the VIPER is being discounted on the left over 2014's from 127K to 89K...if FORD is smart, they do MSRP and that's it....and sell as many as they car before the car cools off....These damn dealers that get the mark up only screw themselves 8 months later when the customer is upside down, so much the curse the dealer and never do business with them again.

Baron95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT
Camaro Z28s are readily available, including on eBay at $10K discount from MSRP.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevrolet-C...18d89abfd&item=281547484157&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

Corvette Z06 are readily available from volume dealers like Kerbeck and MacMulkin at MSRP. Corvette Z51 are ready available from them with discounts of greater than $7K (10%) every day.

Mustang GT PP are available everywhere with small discounts from MSRP.

What makes you think that you can't find a GT350 at MSRP shortly after they go on sale? Sure, if you want to walk into the local dealer and take the only one they have to be first, and buy local, you may need to pay more. But that is not sustainable. If you shop around or wait just a bit, they will be readily available at MSRP.

The world is very different now, than when say the Boss 302 or GT500 was launched. The S197 was new, competition was no where.

Corvette Z51 and Z06 put a ceiling on the price of ANY Mustang. These are everywhere and Chevy is building thousands a month.

The GT350 is now on my list, and I'm very sure I can get it at MSRP with a modicum of keyboard work and patience.

Mikeiscoo2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
let me first start off by saying I'm aware that it's a bit early in the year to be thinking about this but the early bird gets the worm so here I am, I am looking for a dealer somewhere (preferably in or near Texas) to purchase my 2016 GT350 from, I would like to solidify my preorder asap. And it MUST be at MSRP this is a deal breaker for me. I realize this is far fetched but from what I understand, not impossible. I will be trading in my 2013 Boss 302 for the 350, and I am willing to drive cross country to buy. So if any dealers on here could please contact me or if anyone on here knows any dealerships that can help me, please list them below. Thanks for any help you can give!! Btw I tried posting this already in the order/tracking section and got no response so please lend me any ideas guy, I really would like to own one of these:D
if you order from ford. you should get it msrp no problem.. the dealer just sets up your order.. you aren't buying form the dealer you're buying from ford.

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...mustang-shelby-gt350-should-start-around-50k/
We spoke to a trusted source, however, who indicated that it would be fair to expect the standard GT350 to carry a base price of around $50,000, while the significantly upgraded GT350R should have an opening sticker of around $70,000.

The latter number is an important one, because it undercuts the Camaro Z/28's starting price of $75,000. And the GT350R is clearly Ford's designated Z/28 slayer, following a similar weight reduction regimen, etc.

You get a lot of car either way. Remember that the presumptive $50K sticker on the base GT350 includes both the hot new Voodoo 5.2L V8 and MagneRide. The $70K starting price on the GT350R includes the weight-reduction regimen, standard carbon-fiber wheels, better rubber, and a host of R-specific tuning.

As for the engine, we keep hearing numbers ranging from 520–540 hp, so expect a final output figure in that range.

Sponsored

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
OP
OP
Kodyray72

Kodyray72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 SBY Boss 302
if you order from ford. you should get it msrp no problem.. the dealer just sets up your order.. you aren't buying form the dealer you're buying from ford.
I really wish it was that easy, but even after you order one to your specs they can choose to mark it up as they please., and thanks TN for that road and track article, puts a good taste in my mouth lol:D

TiE2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT Premium, with saddle interior
Just got off the phone with a sales rep from them saying they'll get back to me in 3-4 months lol, and that they have a LE for sale for $20k above sticker so yeah I doubt they could be able to help me, but thanks for the lead:cheers:
Aww that sucks, they were pretty good with my GT, and had no issues taking x-plan. I guess their ethics change when the car is above 45k, and will be a rarer Item.

good luck in your search! Subscribed to this thread :cheers:

I guess I should have read the whole thread before contacting them...oh well, probably another number I will have to block lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
out of all the dealers I contacted when looking for my GT, Katy was the least invasive. so you may never hear from them :lol:

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0

You can't just order from Ford. The dealer is who sets the price ultimately.

Have you ever ordered or have any reference to somebody ordering directly from Ford?

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
You can't just order from Ford. The dealer is who sets the price ultimately.

Have you ever ordered or have any reference to somebody ordering directly from Ford?
I don't know what happened to the lengthy response I gave you in the other thread (was it deleted?) about this. I had explained in detail.

If you order a car, the dealer can't do a bait & switch on you.. It is illegal in all 50 states. Once you sit down to discuss option or financing, if they didn't notify you of an ADM, they can't charge you. It is false advertising. Additionally, ADM also has to be for "services provided"... that is why most list "free oil changes", or "free lifetime car washes" in the price of the ADM. To avoid the wrath of Ford legal.

That is also why the dealer must have an GT350R on already their showroom floor, w/ADM clearly marked. If they don't, then anyone can claim prejudice, etc..

Order you car...
ADM is for the impatient people who want to buy said (marked-up) car from the lot.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.