Sponsored

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...erican-international-auto-show-300017898.html

Recaro to Showcase Automotive Seating Market Firsts At The 2015 North American International Auto Show

AUBURN HILLS, Mich., Jan. 8, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Recaro Automotive Seating is making its North American market debut of the Recaro Sport Seat Platform concept and latest 2016 model-year seating introductions at the 2015 North American International Auto Show (NAIAS).

Recaro Sport Seat Platform: Recaro's Sport Seat Platform is making its North American market debut, showcasing its new modular seat design and carbon and foam materials application. This customizable seating solution has a modular design offering nearly endless options to customize the look and feel of sport performance vehicle seats by utilizing a cost-effective, lightweight, ergonomic, space-saving concept.

2016 Cadillac ATS-V Performance Luxury Seats: Customers who purchase the 2016 Cadillac ATS-V will have the option of choosing Recaro performance luxury seats. The hand-crafted leather seats have perforated Miko® suede trim covers, top stitching and integrated headrests with sporty cutouts.

2016 Shelby GT350 Mustang Performance Luxury Seats: Hand-crafted Recaro seats will be offered as optional equipment on the all-new 2016 Shelby GT350 Mustang. The seats complement this world-class performance vehicle that is designed to tackle the most challenging roads while being comfortable for everyday driving.

Recaro Composite Seat Concept: The Recaro Composite Seat concept is a unique design collaboration between supplier and OEM customers to create a cross-platform performance luxury seat. It combines a specifically designed Recaro composite construction backrest with an OEM subframe. One of the most recent applications of this concept is offered as an option on the new sporty Mercedes-AMG A45, CLA and GLA vehicles in Europe.

Recaro Automotive Seating

Recaro Automotive Seating is a product group of Johnson Controls. At eight locations in Germany, Poland, Slovakia, Japan, Mexico and the USA we design, manufacture and market complete seats representative of our core competencies design, ergonomics, craftsmanship, robustness, lightweight construction and high-class workmanship under the brand name Recaro. Recaro Automotive Seating consists of two units: While Recaro Car Seating offers passenger car seats for OEMs and the aftermarket, Recaro Commercial Vehicle Seating focuses on commercial vehicle seats in the OEM and aftermarket segments.

SOURCE Recaro Automotive Seating
Sponsored

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
Optional?

MELLOWYELLOW06

MELLOW 2.0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY GT PP
now only if we could get the power seat option as well as the air bags in the seats!

I really wanted to get the Recaro seat option however losing the features was a turnoff for me

FPC FTW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
435i
Optional?
...in other words a ~$2000 (perhaps less since they're cloth) upgrade that should be standard in such a high performance semi-track focused car. I understand the appeal of keeping a low $50's entry price point by Ford but I really thought the Recaros would be standard equipment. I'm not happy but am willing to pay for those high quality seats.

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
...in other words a ~$2000 (perhaps less since they're cloth) upgrade that should be standard in such a high performance semi-track focused car. I understand the appeal of keeping a low $50's entry price point by Ford but I really thought the Recaros would be standard equipment. I'm not happy but am willing to pay for those high quality seats.
Nickled and dimed.

Sponsored

scottpe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT 6MT w/ Brembos
Don't jump to conclusions. These may actually be upgraded seats over the Recaros we've seen in the show car.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
now only if we could get the power seat option as well as the air bags in the seats!

I really wanted to get the Recaro seat option however losing the features was a turnoff for me
Previous models with Recaro seats had airbags installed.

The '12-13 Boss 302 had optional Recaro seats. I don't think they 'need' to be standard.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
I suspect gt 350 will have std recaros plus an optional recaro

You could be right, the 'Tech Package' supposedly adds leather which could mean a redesigned seat and not simply a leather covering.

Sponsored

Kodyray72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 SBY Boss 302
I suspect gt 350 will have std recaros plus an optional recaro
I feel like there will be base recaro seats and tech package recaro seats that are just the base recaros wrapped in leather.

Backorder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan...:-(
That would be annoying to have them optional...then again, I'll be looking at tech and performance package add ins when I order anyway sooooo whatever lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I would much rather have the cheaper seats, cheaper interior, fewer options and put a higher percentage of my hard-earned money into engine, drivetrain and suspension rather than fluff.

To me it's goofy that a car marketed as a track car should have any fancy options. It's also supposed to be a street car so I understand AC and a radio, but I don't get why people want it to be stuffed with premium equipment.

Just buy a GT 500 with the twin turbo Coyote motor when Ford releases that "ECO BEAST" package. That car will be loaded up and you will have the bragging rights of more HP as well.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
How is a lightweight, custom design racing seat.... Fluff..?

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
How is a lightweight, custom design racing seat.... Fluff..?
Maybe I misread the post. I thought he was saying he wanted leather and power on the Recaros and was saying that leather and power should be standard since the car is expected to be ~$52,000 base.

My understanding is the base GT350 gets the cloth Recaros. I'd rather have the cheaper cloth Recaros standard. I'm saying leather and power seats are fluff.

Got it?
Sponsored