Sponsored

Backorder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan...:-(
attachment.jpg

UPDATE:

THE FIRST SHELBY GT350R MUSTANG SOLD FOR $1 MILLION AT BARRET-JACKSON SCOTTSDALE!

[ame]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Article on ford media, all proceeds benefitting JDRF type 1 diabetes research:

Dec 22, 2014 | Dearborn, Mich.

Ford Motor Company to Sell New Shelby GT350 Mustang at Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale Auction to Benefit JDRF

• First publicly available production unit of the all-new Shelby GT350® Mustang to be auctioned by Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale Auction, with all proceeds benefiting JDRF

• Winning bidder will be able to choose from available colors and packages for Shelby GT350

• Ford-sponsored ride-and-drives during the auction will feature a full lineup of 2015 vehicles
Ford Motor Company will commemorate the 50th anniversary of the legendary Shelby GT350 Mustang by auctioning the first production unit of the new-generation car available to the public for charity at Barrett-Jackson in Scottsdale, Arizona.

All proceeds will benefit JDRF, the country’s leading global organization funding type 1 diabetes research. Live coverage of the auction of the Shelby GT350 will air on Velocity on Saturday, Jan. 17, 2015.

The winning bidder of lot No. 3008 – selling at No Reserve – will become owner of the coveted first retail production unit of Ford Shelby GT350, and choose from available Shelby GT350 colors and packages.

In January 1964, Carroll Shelby and Ford Motor Company forever altered the automotive industry with the introduction of the GT350. It was offered through Ford dealers from 1965 through 1970. Today, these cars are among the most collectible vehicles in the world, and now Shelby GT350 is returning to Ford showrooms as the most innovative and track-capable Mustang in history.

“The all-new Shelby GT350 is a thrilling, world-class car,” said Steve Ling, North America car marketing manager for Ford. “From the all-new independent suspension – a first for a Shelby, to the powerful engine and superb brakes, this car is simply amazing. Just as the Shelby GT350 did in 1965, we expect this new-generation pony car to demonstrate Ford Motor Company continues to lead the world in innovation and performance.”

Team members involved in the design and development of the Shelby GT350 will sign the car in appreciation of the donations to JDRF. Ford has supported JDRF since 1983.

“JDRF is privileged to work with Ford, and we are extremely grateful for the generous support from Ford and its employees through the years,” said John Brady, JDRF chairman, international board of directors. “We are honored to be part of the company’s 50-year celebration of the Shelby GT350 at Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale. This very exciting and worthwhile event means a great deal to not only JDRF and the type 1 community, but to me personally as well. We are dedicated to continue our work and to share our vision of creating a world without type 1 diabetes.”

“Ford and Barrett-Jackson have raised millions of dollars to benefit local and national charities for many years,” said Craig Jackson, chairman and CEO of Barrett-Jackson Auctions. “The auction of the new Shelby GT350 promises to be electrifying, while helping raise necessary funding for JDRF.”

Based on the popular design of the 2015 Ford Mustang, the Shelby GT350 was created with an emphasis on incredible driving dynamics and balanced performance.

“We took the best Ford Mustang yet and massaged every aspect of the car that affects the performance driving experience,” said Jamal Hameedi, chief engineer, Ford Global Performance Vehicles. “We tested endlessly on the most challenging roads and tracks in the world, and we believe serious drivers will love the Shelby GT350 Mustang.”

Shelby GT350 is powered by the first production V8 from Ford with a flat-plane crankshaft – a design typically reserved for racing applications and exotic European sports cars. The 5.2-liter engine puts out more than 500 horsepower and a torque peak of more than 400 lb.-ft. – making it the most powerful naturally aspirated Ford production engine ever.

The car uses extra-stiff 19-inch aluminum-alloy wheels shod in state-of-the-art Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires with GT350-specific sidewall construction, tread and compound for maximum grip. A standard Ford-tuned Torsen limited-slip differential optimizes cornering grip and straight-line traction. Carefully sculpted body panels maximize aerodynamic forces.

GT350 features the most track-worthy brake system ever offered on a Ford vehicle in terms of absolute stopping power and fade resistance. At the front are massive 394-millimeter rotors clamped by Brembo six-piston calipers; 380-millimeter rotors at the rear use four-piston calipers.

Ford will have its 2015 vehicle lineup on hand, including the new Mustang, Expedition and F-150 for ride-and-drives for auction attendees. Additionally, the Shelby American-built GT500 Super Snake and Shelby Focus ST will be offered for a hot laps experience with professional drivers from Miller Motorsports Park.

For auction information, visit the Barrett-Jackson website or Facebook.

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...ll-new-shelby-gt350-mustang-at-barrett-j.html
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
I'm a phone bidder @ $52,995! Lol

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
You all beat my bid of $49,995...

Last edited:

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster

Sponsored

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
I wish I could go to this years, would love to see all the Pratt cars auctioned off.

spectremotorsports

Consultant
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
"Emma" 17 GT/PP Grabber Blue/Black roof
Does this mean it's going to be on display here at Barret Jackson the whole show? I really hope so, fingers crossed I'll get a chance to check it out in person.

65ffr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 Ram 1500, '65 FFR Cobra
It should go for way more than $500k, heck the first base C7 went for $1M.

ShelbyGT350

Shelby GT350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 351C Shaker
That's because Rick Hendricks bought it and he's a huge GM dealer and NASCAR team owner. Maybe Jack Roush will pay that kind of money?

Sponsored

ShelbyGT350

Shelby GT350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 351C Shaker
On second thought, the more likely buyer would be the Boeckmann family who owns Galpin Motors, the biggest Mustang dealer in the world and they have long-term ties to Shelby's operation.

Kevin1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT
1st 2016 GT350 Heading To Auction

Just came across this while looking around it will be auctioned off next month at the upcoming Barrett-Jackson auction in Scottsdale, Arizona. The links below are the one's I read and I pulled up the auction number and link for everyone :). So maybe next month they will finally be ready to release more information and pricing and ect. The action is Jan 10th-18th.

Yahoo's article
https://autos.yahoo.com/news/first-2016-ford-mustang-shelby-gt350-heading-auction-200005249.html

Barrett-Jacksons docket # and link
http://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/2016-SHELBY-GT350-COUPE-182535

dpphoto

dpphoto
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.danpearsonphoto.com
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
If you have not been to BJ, it is quite the car show experience 1200 ++ of the nicest cars you will ever see. This year will be even bigger, nine days total, including the Pratt collection, and now this. If there is anyway you can make it, GO! I go every year, this is my vacation. Three to four hundred vendors of everything and a show site that will blow your mind.

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
If you have not been to BJ, it is quite the car show experience 1200 ++ of the nicest cars you will ever see. This year will be even bigger, nine days total, including the Pratt collection, and now this. If there is anyway you can make it, GO! I go every year, this is my vacation. Three to four hundred vendors of everything and a show site that will blow your mind.

Agreed, I got to go in 2011 and waited for an hour to drive a 5.0 through the outdoor cones.

Also got to run a simulated 1/4 mile on the Ford stage in a CS convertible.

Best time ever.

EcoSnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard EB PP
If everyone can find it in their hearts to give me $1000 each I will go to the auction and bid on it. I'll raffle off my ecoboost if I win the gt350. :)
Sponsored