95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
Due to the New Years Eve party we go to every year I will not be doing anything on 1-1-20 except recuperating.
When did you get so old that you can't recover from a night of celebration by 10:00 am the next morning? :shock:

Now if the weather will co-operate (no rain or frozen roads): It's good to go. We will run north from the WalMart and drive some great roads. It shouldn't be crowded roads.
Sponsored

OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
I am still in for the 2020 M6g Polar Bear Rally on 1-1-2020. We meet @ Walmart at 10:00am.

The weather looks good so far. They call for 53 degrees and dry roads. I am locked in due to a gun trade (it's a 1942 Winchester Model 74 .22LR),

I'll run it and get home in time to watch the college bowl games.

P/S I drove the car to my parent's home in Charlotte, NC for Christmas. My wife said it was the worst car that she has ever driven in. :sunglasses: It seems the car is too loud and the gear shifts are uncomfortable. The music was also loud.

She owns six cats.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
I see the problem Doc... I just drove back from central Florida visiting the wife's family for Christmas and think I have discovered the problem your wife has with your Shelby. I took my pickup since I had to haul a lot of stuff, but I noticed at all the rest stops, the amount of people who travel with their pets. Seems like every rest area has people walking their dogs.
You made the mistake of letting your wife take the six cats............in a SHELBY?!?!?!?!?!?!?

OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
Dave,
I do not allow any cats in my car, my bed, my gym, or my home office.

I was lucky to get my wife to marry me. She had 2 cats at that time (her Dad said she had some when she was 6 years old). .

I knew what I was getting into (old cats), and she knew what she was getting into = car guy, . It's just the new GT350 is an awesome newer car.with a FLP crank and the 526 Hp. She couldn't handle it.

I got 22 Mpg in 550 miles.

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
I still won't be able to make it New Year's Day, but I'll let the other guys who have gone with us before that you will be @ Walmart at 10:00am.

Sponsored

OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
I still won't be able to make it New Year's Day, but I'll let the other guys who have gone with us before that you will be @ Walmart at 10:00am.
Thanks Tom,
I am still on for the Polar Bear Run as well as the car show over at the Target this Sunday. It's the Target near the The Avenue East Cobb Mall.

The Avenue Mall was the location of the "other" car show every month. It moved again and again. It is now Caffeine And Octane which is based at Perimeter Mall.

It's the one on TV:
https://www.caffeineandoctane.com/

Happy New Year.

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
The Avenue Mall was the location of the "other" car show every month.
C&O at The Avenue East Cobb was started by a friend of mine, Mark Ritter. I remember back in the day when it was maybe 40 cars total. It got so big he had to keep moving it to bigger venues until he decided to sell it to AutoTrader for quite a bit of $$$.

The last time I went to the Perimeter Mall location the nearest parking I could find was on the other side of the mall.

OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
C&O at The Avenue East Cobb was started by a friend of mine, Mark Ritter. I remember back in the day when it was maybe 40 cars total.
Tom,
I think the first location was at a small coffee shop in Cobb County. It was ~2005. It moved from there to the Avenue's location. It got big when the owner's of the Mall asked them to leave. They went to an office building off Hwy 400 at Mansell RD (a car guy owed the office building).

The AutoTrader bought it out for big bucks. At that time, the Autotrader was owned by the liberal Atlanta Constitution and later sold. It is a liberal newspaper owned by the Atlanta Kennedy's. They lost millions of ad revenue from loss of print ads. They failed.

I remember Mark and Paul Gibbons being the original owners. They were part of what is now called entrepreneurship. They were really good at replacing the old way with a new way to do new things.

Doc69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger, 2020 HP Ecoboost in November
Live Oak Fla...45 minutes from Valdosta....(I race at Cecil)
Regards

OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
Live Oak Fla...45 minutes from Valdosta....(I race at Cecil)
Regards
I worked in South Georgia during my working career. I have been to Cecil County Dragway.

Sponsored

Doc69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
I worked in South Georgia during my working career. I have been to Cecil County Dragway.
I’m racing my ranger in Gainesville fl on dec 4th..
Regards

OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
I’m racing my ranger in Gainesville fl on dec 4th..
Regards
I'd love to see some pictures? What times were you running back in December? Bracket Racing or all out? Please let us know your times in January.

Good luck and kick their butt.

IMSAmus.jpg

Doc69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
I'd love to see some pictures? What times were you running back in December? Bracket Racing or all out? Please let us know your times in January.

Good luck and kick their butt.

IMSAmus.jpg
Just a test and tune and grudge...never made it in December due to weather..1st time at Cecil, I could not get a good time. Power braking and spinning through 3rd gear. I’m hoping gainesville doesn’t have a water burnout only pass. I’m going to do a dry burnout and put 25lbs in the rear tires...anyway we will try to get a burnout and launch video Dec 4th...My truck was the R+D truck for Unleashed Tuning..so we shall see..
Regards
Doc
Can’t wait to see your 2021 GT500!

rishi_says

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rishi
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Prem, PP2
If I'm up in time, going to try to make the Wednesday morning run.
Sponsored